Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi folks, has anyone fitted extra USB sockets in their vans any info on where you purchased them and the install would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
No van is led strip lights , there is a flush mounted reading lights above both driver and passenger seats though ,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Hi folks, has anyone fitted extra USB sockets in their vans any info on where you purchased them and the install would be appreciated.

Buy appropriate cable/fuse and run/hide wire to where you want it and to battery.

As stated you can also tap off lights where appropriate but above method separates anything you are doing from other van electrics.

New VAG vehicles now come with C connectors rather than USB so for longevity I would install cigarette sockets with adaptors rather than USB sockets.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
You haven't stated where you want your extra usb sockets?

In the cab area get an adapter that gives you extra sockets

In the hab area, get sockets to match your existing sockets, i.e. If your existing sockets are all cbe, get matching cbe using outlets

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Just watch out if they are not switched as the burn about .3amp an hour each so could flatten batteries over time

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
You haven't stated where you want your extra usb sockets?

In the cab area get an adapter that gives you extra sockets

In the hab area, get sockets to match your existing sockets, i.e. If your existing sockets are all cbe, get matching cbe using outlets
Hi bobby-gg, I have a single 240v socket next to dining table I would like to put USB next to it if possible , do you have any more info on the cbe units

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Hi bobby-gg, I have a single 240v socket next to dining table I would like to put USB next to it if possible , do you have any more info on the cbe units
if you remove it, make the hole bigger and replace with this or similar. You can even replace with a normal "household" style one that the usb runs direct from the same circuit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back