European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (4 Viewers)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Please keep this thread purely as a listing of those vets in Europe that Funsters have actually used to obtain an EU Pet Passport since Brexit.

If you have obtained an EU Pet Passport since Brexit, please post as much detail as you can about the experience in this thread. Thank you. (y)

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Clinique Vétérinaire des Epinettes, 118 Avenue Pierre Mendes France, 02000 Laon, FRANCE

I used this vet on 29 March 2021 to obtain an EU Pet Passport for my dog. The vet was uncertain as to whether they could issue a passport using the existing UK rabies certification so my dog was given a rabies booster. The total cost for the passport, rabies booster and worming treatment was 47,55€ .

I did not have to provide a French address and used my U.K. one. There was no requirement for my dog‘s microchip to be added to the i-Cad register. The rabies booster has a 3-year duration.

The chief vet, Dr Bouton, speaks good English and it was he who replied to my initial email enquiry about obtaining a new pet passport. Four vets work at the Clinique and the vet I saw, Dr Manten, also spoke some English.

There is easy parking for large vehicles just down the road from the vets, near the railway crossing.

The telephone number is 03.23.23.37.47

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
This is where we went
Cabinet Vétérinaire des Drs Pouillaude & Xemar
13 Fbg de Péronne, 62450 Bapaume, France

We potentially were lucky as we dealt with a very nice vet, no English, and not sure he was that ”up” on the rules. But all worked well for us.
€11 for passport €40 for rabies booster. We asked him for the booster as dog is 2 years 8 months in to his current booster, and has to be done by EU vet now. The vet we used also didn’t appear to be bothered about registering dog with French chip system, which others have written about.

There is also an Aire about 400yards away its just a road side one but ok, and there is a service point that you need a Jeton for it, which you get from town office, baker, bar.

Although when we returned we went to the vet in La Mailleraye-sur-Seine, which most on here know, for the worming process, and he implied that he would have been happy to issue a passport. We also got him to record the worming info on both the new passport and the AHC we went out on just incase there were and problems with new passport. It doesn’t actually make sense to have worming info in new passport as your just using space up in it, but our thinking was that it would be nice to get it checked by customs staff, and to get a stamp/writing in it so it all looks less new.

Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We got one a couple of weeks ago from Carn Vets in County Donegal, Ireland.

Malin Rd, Gort Glebe, Carndonagh, Co. Donegal, F93 VH98, Ireland

Broken Link Removed: Broken Link Removed

Cost 50€ to transfer AHC details / rabies vaccine status and Issue. No need for Irish residency or address. Just wish it was as easy for me to get an Irish Passport!

Pet Passport.jpg

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
€11 passport
€49.50 3 year rabies
€9.23 i-cad

Attachments

• 20210805_124433.jpg
    20210805_124433.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 20210805_133516.jpg
    20210805_133516.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 20210805_133858.jpg
    20210805_133858.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 141

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Anyone know if the vets near the Benidorm Palace can do one ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi John. This thread was supposed to be kept purely for info added by those who had obtained EU pet passports. Maybe start a separate thread with your particular question? :Smile:
Thanks Maz, I did not realise

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
Vet in Arras, Pas-de-Calais, France

CLINIQUE VETERINAIRE RONVILLE​

Broken Link Removed: Ronville, 78 Av. Fernand Lobbedez, Arras, 62000, France

Broken Link Removed: Broken Link Removed

We've used this vet several times in the past to do the worming for our dog, and this time (Aug 2021) we called him and asked if he could do a Euro Passport for Barney. We were around 3 hours drive away and he agreed to stay after his closing ours (11am LOL) for us the next day.

We were originally concerned having heard that the French Gov had instructed Vets not to issue EU passports unless the animal had been in France 3 months +. The vet said that was nonsense - and to be honest, I suspect he will do whatever he believes to be correct (within the law/rules) anyway. This vet seemed very sympathetic to the situation Brits are facing when travelling with pets.

He did the worming and transferred the necessary information from the UK passport to a new French passport for €63 all in. He also completed and signed/stamped the AHC we went out to France on (just in case there was a problem at Eurotunnel).

This vets location is very convenient being close to Calais and also directly across the road from a Leclerc supermarket car park which also has a Gas Station. We find it useful on the way home as we can get the dog wormed, then either stay in Arras or head up to Gravelines for an overnight and get on a train just over 24 hours later (min for the worming before travel).

HTH

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
BE VERY careful.
My Vet had 0000000 Zero Blindness!!!!
Only put 6x000000
When should have been 7.
Called back today….. and she had to do a completely new passport.
Now That could have been very expensive and a little tad Stressful… turning up to Bilbao Port and being turned away.(n):eek:

Williamhenry

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
Trying to get more experience!
Hi All
Maz thanks for all the work that you put into the pet passport threads.
We are currently in Porto and I emailed a vet here today at 10.00 am and within 10 mins I received the below reply from her. They all spoke very good English, just as well as my Portuguese is not that comprehensive. So the dog now has a Portuguese Pet Passport

Thank you for your contact.

Yes, we can schedule an appointment for Meg today.

The appointment is 28 euros and the passport is 15.50 euros.

Would you be available to come about 2h30pm?

Count on us if you need something at +351 226 000 506 or by this e-mail.

Best regards,

Cátia Cruz
ARF

---

Clínica Veterinária
Telefone: 226 000 506
Rua António Patrício, 584150-098, Porto, Portugal
WWW.ARFVET.PT

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Letterkenny Small Animal Hospital, Letterkenny, ROI
40 euro, vaccine info copied over
Overnight parking at Doneheys Motorhome dealership (all services available) for charity donation, walking distance to vets or ample parking at vets.
No need for AHC if you enter through Northern Ireland

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
maz Landy Andy csd4t (and anyone else who has obtained an EU Pet Passport in France)

Can I ask which booster the dog was given and what did they have in the past in the old passport?

IanRJ - What rabies vaccination did you have in UK passport that was transferred to a new passport?

I would love to have 'French' EU pet passports :unsure: ....... but Belgium seems to be the easiest 'like for like' option for us i.e. Nobivac is licensed for 3 years and vet willing to transfer info from old passport without booster.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
We obtained a passport yesterday, with rabies info copied over, from

Dr FAUCET Christine
Rue Grande 255
Maisieres
Belgium
christine.faucet257@gmail.com
0477 64 08 57 - 065 84 84 60

1h 45min from Gravelines
1 of the ones maz asked via email, thank you.

BUT BUT BUT

They said that from the 1st May chip numbers must be registered in Belgium! They said, whilst looking at me, that they would enter my ‘old’ UK address in the passport and would leave me to enter my ‘new’ address inBelgium!!!!
It sounds similar to the new French requirement.
It seems to me that people may have more success getting a Pet Passport from smaller owner operated vets rather than larger group practice. La Mailleraye for example is part of a large multi branch practice, and whilst very helpful usually seem reluctant with this issue.

maz

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
maz Landy Andy csd4t (and anyone else who has obtained an EU Pet Passport in France)

Can I ask which booster the dog was given and what did they have in the past in the old passport?

IanRJ - What rabies vaccination did you have in UK passport that was transferred to a new passport?

I would love to have 'French' EU pet passports :unsure: ....... but Belgium seems to be the easiest 'like for like' option for us i.e. Nobivac is licensed for 3 years and vet willing to transfer info from old passport without booster.
Barneys Rabies runs until 2023, given here in UK. The vet just noted the vaccine name and dates and put his stamp and signature over it.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Nix was given 3-year Rabisin by the French vet. Before that she had always had 3-year Nobivac. No problems with either vaccine.

Yesterday we travelled back to Europe via Eurotunnel, and are now in Germany. Nix sailed through Pet Reception on her French passport - no need to show her old UK passport this time. :Grin:

Jun 11, 2021
Amesbury, Salisbury, UK
Funster No
MH
CHAUSSON 768
Exp
2 Years, but caravanned for 25 years

Veterinary Clinic Anim'Halles​

Veterinarian in Le Faouët, Morbihan

Broken Link Removed
https://www.vetolefaouet.fr/
5 Rue de Quimper, 56320 Le Faouët

We arrived in France on 8th September and booked our dog in for a Pet Passport on Saturday 11th Sept at vet above. He has been a patient there for 5 years for the worming treatment. It was easy, he was given a Rabies shot (1 year), vet did ask for proof of French address for which we produced our water bill for our French house, and total cost was €35.78

Map of veterinary clinic anim'halles le faouët

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
This may help if you’re in the Brussels area.

In and out in 20 mins (today)

2 dogs, p/p and 3 yr rabies jab €95 all in

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Got one in Silves, Portugal.
EUR 47 including passport and 3 year rabies.
Very in thorough checking everything

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014-061222_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014-061222_Maps.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 58

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
This may help if you’re in the Brussels area.

In and out in 20 mins

2 dogs p/p and 3 yr rabies jab €95 all in

No need for Belgian address or chip registering

Stephan Peten
Avenue Guillame Gilbert 30
1050 Ixelles

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Letterkenny Small Animal Hospital, Letterkenny, ROI
40 euro, vaccine info copied over
Overnight parking at Doneheys Motorhome dealership (all services available) for charity donation, walking distance to vets or ample parking at vets.
No need for AHC if you enter through Northern Ireland

We've just had ours too, but via their Milford practice which is by the cattle mart. 115 euro for 2 passports, 1 rabies jab no AHC necessary as went via Cairnryan - Belfast then drove to Donegal :)

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Please keep this thread purely as a listing of those vets in Europe that Funsters have actually used to obtain an EU Pet Passport since Brexit.

If you have obtained an EU Pet Passport since Brexit, please post as much detail as you can about the experience in this thread. Thank you. (y)
Clinique Veterinaire Camp du Drap D’Or, Autingues.
Used them 6 weeks ago, had to have a 3 year booster given plus provide a French address (a friends). All arranged by phone & email (address etc on Google maps), vet spoke English. They are only 30 mins from Calais & have a large car park big enough for even the largest motorhome. Cost €54.10

Jan 30, 2011
west sussex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
10 year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back