Endless Breeze Fans at Malvern (19 Viewers)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
They do still Make them,
The Issue is the Shipping costs involved..
I had an email in June from the company saying "I am sorry the endless breeze is not being manufactured at this time. We do not have any to sell you. "
When I asked when they would have some they said "We do not have a date as to when that will be. Sorry."

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
I bought one from Amazon.com at the beginning of July, £83 including shipping and import taxes, arrived in about 10 days. I'm not sure what to make of the reports that they're no longer being produced, as mine has "Dometic Corporation, Elkhart, Indiana" on the box and "Dometic" cast into the plastic fan moulding.

I posted on here about how I bought it in another thread at the time. All a bit strange really. I'd been looking for them on Amazon.com, and whilst there were quite a few for sale, most sellers including Amazon themselves indicated they did not ship outside of the US and Canada. Of the few sellers that did, their quoted shipping costs were at least as much again as the cost of the fan.

So I pretty much gave up, then out of the blue a few days later I got an email from Amazon.com offering to ship one to the UK. They had all of my details from my Amazon.co.uk account pre-populated when I followed the link. Very strange, as I had been searching the US site under my Amazon.com login which has a different payment method attached and a US address (n)

After I bought it, Amazon emailed me a tracking link, which took me to Amazon.com where I was told I had no open orders. It wasn't showing on Amazon.co.uk either. Eventually I found that by logging in to Amazon.com using my Amazon.co.uk identity, the order and tracking information was showing. How on earth Amazon managed to link all this together I have no idea, but big brother is obviously watching!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I bought one from Amazon.com at the beginning of July, £83 including shipping and import taxes, arrived in about 10 days. I'm not sure what to make of the reports that they're no longer being produced, as mine has "Dometic Corporation, Elkhart, Indiana" on the box and "Dometic" cast into the plastic fan moulding.

I posted on here about how I bought it in another thread at the time. All a bit strange really. I'd been looking for them on Amazon.com, and whilst there were quite a few for sale, most sellers including Amazon themselves indicated they did not ship outside of the US and Canada. Of the few sellers that did, their quoted shipping costs were at least as much again as the cost of the fan.

So I pretty much gave up, then out of the blue a few days later I got an email from Amazon.com offering to ship one to the UK. They had all of my details from my Amazon.co.uk account pre-populated when I followed the link. Very strange, as I had been searching the US site under my Amazon.com login which has a different payment method attached and a US address (n)

After I bought it, Amazon emailed me a tracking link, which took me to Amazon.com where I was told I had no open orders. It wasn't showing on Amazon.co.uk either. Eventually I found that by logging in to Amazon.com using my Amazon.co.uk identity, the order and tracking information was showing. How on earth Amazon managed to link all this together I have no idea, but big brother is obviously watching!
Amazon are busy making rockets these days, but nice to know they are still looking after us Earthlings. :)

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Still for sale on Amazon.com for $108 (£84) including shipping and import fees to the UK, direct from Amazon. I'm starting to think I should have bought a few hundred :D

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Still for sale on Amazon.com for $108 (£84) including shipping and import fees to the UK, direct from Amazon. I'm starting to think I should have bought a few hundred :D
The problem is that link doesn't work for anyone else, it just goes to the Amazon home page.
You could try pasting it in directly but deleting the "https//" part of the address.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The problem is that link doesn't work for anyone else, it just goes to the Amazon home page.
You could try pasting it in directly but deleting the "https//" part of the address.

Sorry, I didn't post the link. I just assumed that anyone interested would go to Amazon.com and type "Endless Breeze" into the search box! The forum turns anything with "co.uk" or ".com" on the end into a hyperlink, thus creating a link where I hadn't intended there to be one.

Just for you John (y)

Amazon product ASIN B0000AY2Z6

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sorry, I didn't post the link. I just assumed that anyone interested would go to Amazon.com and type "Endless Breeze" into the search box! The forum turns anything with "co.uk" or ".com" on the end into a hyperlink, thus creating a link where I hadn't intended there to be one.

Just for you John (y)

Amazon product ASIN B0000AY2Z6
Many thanks, that's the link no one else has been able to find. Every other search seems to find companies not prepared to ship to the UK. :)
For those with adblockers it is:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Many thanks, that's the link no one else has been able to find. Every other search seems to find companies not prepared to ship to the UK. :)
For those with adblockers it is:
Thanks for the link.
Just ordered one.

Richard.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I'm not sure what to make of the reports that they're no longer being produced, as mine has "Dometic Corporation, Elkhart, Indiana" on the box and "Dometic" cast into the plastic fan moulding.
My understanding was that the original company had been bought out by Dometic & the worry was that the fans now being produced under the Dometic name would not be to the same standard as the originals. Hence the scramble to get the last of the old stock.

Whether the drop in quality is just speculation based on Dometic's track record or whether anyone has actually compared new & old stock, I have no idea.

I note that Dometic UK list the roof-light mounted FanTastic Vents on their website, but not the FanTastic Endless Breeze stand-alone fans.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
My understanding was that the original company had been bought out by Dometic & the worry was that the fans now being produced under the Dometic name would not be to the same standard as the originals. Hence the scramble to get the last of the old stock.

Whether the drop in quality is just speculation based on Dometic's track record or whether anyone has actually compared new & old stock, I have no idea.

I note that Dometic UK list the roof-light mounted FanTastic Vents on their website, but not the FanTastic Endless Breeze stand-alone fans.

I didn't experience any of the build quality issues with mine that some other people have reported, but whether I was just lucky I don't know. The case still had Fantastic Vent decals on it and the motor has Atwood Products on it, who I believe were the previous owners of the company (I unscrewed the case covers just to be nosey, which is how I found the Dometic name moulded into the fan).

Not having seen an original, it's difficult for me to say.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

I am registered as a prime member with Amazon UK. I have registered two addresses with them, our one in Kent and my daughters one in New Jersey. I can choose delivery to either of them. The only problem is that I do not get my free prime delivery when ordering from the American site for delivery to America. So most of the time I get my daughter to order it and pay her what it costs.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Not being a regular Amazon shopper, do you know how much the shipping and import taxes are on top of the purchase price ?

$74.95 plus $33.23 shipping and import fees deposit, comes to about £84 all in at current exchange rates. There may be a foreign currency transaction fee on top charged by your card provider, unless you use one of the fee free cards such as Halifax Clarity or Nationwide Select.

The Amazon import fee deposit is their estimate of import fees, but they guarantee for items sold directly by Amazon to either refund the difference if the actual fees are less than the estimate, or to cover any additional fees if they are more than the estimate. In other words, you can take the estimate as a fixed maximum cost for this particular item, as it is fulfilled directly by Amazon Global Sales.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back