Emissions. (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
Hi, I was just reading a post on an unidentified van and I came across, yellow certificate might be a problem in Germany.
Now, I knew France was banning stuff left right and centre in cities, but what is Germany up to?
My van is a 2001 Autocruise Vista with a 1.9td Pug engine. Is it just cities I will be banned from or are there other exclusions I ought to be aware of, in Germany and the rest of Europe?
I was hoping to have a few pootles over in them parts.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Have a look at this, should tell you what you need to know
There is a map and it is mostly cities you need to be aware of for needing the umwelt

OP
OP
J
Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
Thanks.

How do VW cars do?!!!

I hope I can get over there before I am not allowed anywhere!

I guess the rest of Europe is going to be the same?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Germany's further ahead than most - they have at least 80 towns and cities using the Umwelt system, although many of them have designated corridor routes through the middle if you're just passing through. It's a more lenient system than France, in that a modern enough diesel in Germany can still get a green (basically access all areas) sticker, whereas a diesel in France can only get a No 2 sticker at best.

The system is bound to be extended in Europe and will doubtless begin in cities outside London in this country. It's why my next car will be petrol.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I belive from next year diesel vehicles will be banned from some German cities when polution warrants it, there is a green zone app which should be able to give real time information should you need to enter into a low emmision zone, it's available free for android and apple and covers several European countries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back