maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We are looking into getting an electronic toll tag for Europe but want one that covers Italy as well as France, Spain and Portugal. Initially we wanted the Go by Telepass version, but are having problems with the online form. :RollEyes:

Go by Telepass

Then we’ve been looking at the Bip&Go version but are unsure if we can use it for toll payments other than in France (we do have a Belgium-based bank account).

717BEAC2-1F6C-49EF-9D09-7D837726EAD8.jpeg

There is the Eurotunnel Emovis tag but this does not include Italy.

Emovis tag

And finally we’ve found AVD Toll Tickets but this is only for Italy and seems expensive by comparison.

AVD Toll Tickets

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has experience of getting a toll tag from any of these companies - or any other company that we haven’t yet come across.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We've used bip&go for a few years and it works a treat in Spain and Portugal. You only pay when you use it so if we don't go on a toll road one month there's no fee at all. Also works in France as well - and Italy I believe. https://www.bipandgo.com/en/abonnement-telepeage-particuliers/
Thank you. (y) We have messaged them to see if we can apply for their multi country tag.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
We use emovis Sanef for France and bip and go for Spain and Portugal. Not tried one in Italy yet.

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We like the fact that with Bip&Go we only need one tag for all 4 countries. This would also have been the case with Go by Telepass, which we favoured because it is Italian and we will mainly be using the tag in Italy. However, their online application was so convoluted that we gave up!

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
We use Bip&Go for Spain/Portugal and ATMB for France. Not an issue, just have to swap the sensors when we cross the border, they both fit on the same holder.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Does anyone know if these tags are weight restricted?

I contacted one operator, cannot recall which one, and they said 3500kg max.

Would like to know if there is one for larger mh

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Just signed up for the monthly Bip and Go ready for next year.

Hope Im not done a bobo.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

The ones we’ve looked into seem to be only up to 3.5 tonne. We actually want it for the car (RHD) rather than the van, which is LHD so not as awkward when you’re on your own.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
I just went through the buying process and then I received this message! I'm with the Nationwide. Time to think again..
  • Your bank is not accesible for SEPA direct debits.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
ATBV ( all tolls Mont Blanc) works for us BUT and a BIG BUT check the height of the M/Home over 3 mtrs reckons you are class 3 , Press button and * Je suis un class deux un camping car * works for us!

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I just went through the buying process and then I received this message! I'm with the Nationwide. Time to think again..
We used a Wise (TransferWise) account which seemed to be accepted ok.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They are lying.

Nationwide uses the SEPA system.
The UK is still in the SEPA system

Though the UK is no longer part of the EU, it retains its SEPA membership. ... Specifically, in the processing of Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) transfers. Organisations within the UK are still learning the full impact of the UK's recent Brexit deal.

they are just being awkward.

• Informative
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Do you need to tell them you have changed moho. We have and just thought erm wonder if registration new registration no will effect us.

Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
We used toll tickets.com the device can be set for up to 15 countries 35€ per year & paid using Revolut. Forgot about it & it renewed again this year:rolleyes:

Regards

Arthur

• Informative
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We used toll tickets.com the device can be set for up to 15 countries 35€ per year & paid using Revolut. Forgot about it & it renewed again this year:rolleyes:

Regards

Arthur
We looked at them but they seem to sell you a different tag for each country, each at 35€ per year plus 7% commission on the actual tolls! The ‘15 countries’ they refer to include those like Germany (which don’t have road tolls for vehicles less than 7.5 tonnes anyway). For Germany they will just sell you an emissions sticker for a lot more than you would pay for one in Germany itself. So that ‘15 countries’ is a bit deceptive. :RollEyes:

Tolltickets.com

What countries have you actually used your device in?

Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
We looked at them but they seem to sell you a different tag for each country, each at 35€ per year plus 7% commission on the actual tolls! The ‘15 countries’ they refer to include those like Germany (which don’t have road tolls for vehicles less than 7.5 tonnes anyway). For Germany they will just sell you an emissions sticker for a lot more than you would pay for one in Germany itself. So that ‘15 countries’ is a bit deceptive. :RollEyes:

Tolltickets.com

What countries have you actually used your device in?
We signed up to France & Spain for our trip - received invoices for each country, didn’t note any additional charges. But perhaps it’s all changed since we paid for the device again in May.

• Thanks

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
We’ve just done the same but planning to use it from mid-Sept. 🤞
All I’ve received so far is the confirmation of the direct debit and order no way of signing into the online account, any ideas anyone?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
All I’ve received so far is the confirmation of the direct debit and order no way of signing into the online account, any ideas anyone?
I think you need to wait until you receive your tag, as your username is made up of numbers taken off the back of it. Or you will maybe be told your username in the email confirming when it has been shipped, as by then a specific tag will have been allocated to you.

5EA0C93C-2A54-4969-B7D7-EFF5C1C1817A.png

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018

That’s what I thought Dave until a mate said just get one and it will work, So I did and it does 😉

I’m 5000kgs and just over 3mtrs high tag axel and never had a problem, class 2 every time

It’s the future 😂

Apr 14, 2013
Tranmere Park
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2000

They are for vehicles less tgan 3500 kgs - there is also a height restriction in France , so you can find when you get your monthly bill that you’ve been charged under the wrong (more expensive) category!

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
That’s what I thought Dave until a mate said just get one and it will work, So I did and it does 😉

I’m 5000kgs and just over 3mtrs high tag axel and never had a problem, class 2 every time
Interesting! Which countries have you used it in?

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Interesting! Which countries have you used it in?
France & Spain 👍

basically i’m understanding if the barrier lifts automatically then you are charged class 2 and so far it’s lifted automatically every time bar once, so we just told them camper car class 2 and then it lifted.

My statement says every toll has been class 2 so happy bunny 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back