Electronic toll tags (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Do you need to tell them you have changed moho. We have and just thought erm wonder if registration new registration no will effect us.
If you are using a tag the reg no is not required.
The scanner at the toll reads the tag not the registration. You can therefore take the tag in any vehicle ie, move it to your car.

Richard.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Isn’t that the one where you have to be a VAT-registered company tho’?
Yes, unfortunately for those without access to such an entity. However it is an excellent facility, even charged my Messina ferry crossing through it by driving through the Telepass lane.

Reactions: maz
Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
I'm trying to compare pricing between emovis and bip&go and not finding it straight forward. It looks like bip&go is much cheaper. Is that so?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Another thing with Vrio is you get up to 50% discount on Spanish tolls and other discounts in other countries if I remember rightly. So worth seeing if you have a family member with their own vat registered company. It's just a formality with Vrio, I don't use the vat reclaim stuff and redirect to personal expenses in my accounts to avoid any HMRC hassle.

Beast

Free Member
Jul 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
Since 1968
We are looking into getting an electronic toll tag for Europe but want one that covers Italy as well as France, Spain and Portugal. Initially we wanted the Go by Telepass version, but are having problems with the online form. :RollEyes:

Go by Telepass

Then we’ve been looking at the Bip&Go version but are unsure if we can use it for toll payments other than in France (we do have a Belgium-based bank account).

View attachment 516727

There is the Eurotunnel Emovis tag but this does not include Italy.

Emovis tag

And finally we’ve found AVD Toll Tickets but this is only for Italy and seems expensive by comparison.

AVD Toll Tickets

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has experience of getting a toll tag from any of these companies - or any other company that we haven’t yet come across.
I have emotional and
We are looking into getting an electronic toll tag for Europe but want one that covers Italy as well as France, Spain and Portugal. Initially we wanted the Go by Telepass version, but are having problems with the online form. :RollEyes:

Go by Telepass

Then we’ve been looking at the Bip&Go version but are unsure if we can use it for toll payments other than in France (we do have a Belgium-based bank account).

View attachment 516727

Emovis tag

And finally we’ve found AVD Toll Tickets but this is only for Italy and seems expensive by comparison.

AVD Toll Tickets

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has experience of getting a toll tag from any of these companies - or any other company that we haven’t yet come across.
I have emovis and bip n drive, for France and Spain maybe works for other countries not tried, fabulous to drive up to toll straight through and it takes it out your bank, costs on average 10p a mile = £10 per 100.
My savings on fuel, time and stressless driving on near empty roads is priceless.
Go 4 it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Do you need to tell them you have changed moho. We have and just thought erm wonder if registration new registration no will effect us.
Depends what countries you are visiting. If you have a tag which includes Portugal then it must be linked to a registration number as the Portuguese system doesn't use toll barriers but overhead cameras. There are barriers in places but there are a lot of camera stretches.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Actual tag received in post today, instructions in French and the packet was address to Mrs Brian.

I’ve changed I’m now a Mrs oh la la.

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019

Jamsiemck

Free Member
Jul 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato tag
Hi has anyone gone through French tolls with a 5000kg tag axle towing a trailer ? Hoping to get a twin axle box van for my sons 4WD wheelchair, hoist etc so we can get bit more access to beaches forest walks and so on. Had emovis tag for a few years. Class charged varies between 2 and 4. I know strictly speaking we re class 4 but main time that happens is at night when they’re quiet and can let u sit there and ponder the meaning of life after they’ve knocked back your request for classe deux. I’m assuming with a trailer and therefore being 5 axles it’s pretty much gonna be class 4 all the time in which case probs not use tolls unless pressed for time. Have tried to find an eets box which covers a few countries as it’s a nuisance having to jump around or get out of the cab at every toll. So much easier when it’s automatic. As has been mentioned earlier though most seem to be for HGV companies only or tags for under 3500kg. Apologies for the novel I don’t get out much.

Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 744
Exp
I'm a newbie

Go by Telepass

View attachment 516727

Emovis tag

AVD Toll Tickets

If you open an account with Transferwise you will get both great exchange rates and sort code and acct number for a Euro account in Belgium....

Derry

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Funster No

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread