Ducato Bonnet Paint Peeling - How To Remedy It? (2 Viewers)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
No, the ones I have are gooduns,

If one want quality which includes a bare metal rub down, top class welding if needed, 3 coats of finest paint and 6 coat of lacquer, one has to pay for it.
Anyone else, it's twice that and his customers of 25yrs plus are happy to pay, if I was younger, so would I. šŸ‘
Thatā€™s high quality work, (too high for a Ducato?), but is definitely expensive.

Why would anyone opt for Ā£4000 to paint a motorhome bonnet when an average cost would do a ā€œgoodā€ job, better than FIATā€™S original anyway.

I agree with your comments in post #30. Keep mechanicals in top condition as far as possible if you want a trouble free trip. I use a mechanic friend for my servicing and repairs as I know he does an excellent job with no skimping. However, I have never heard of anyoneā€™s vehicle breaking down as a result of a ā€œpoorā€ paint job.

Still if you are running a RR you need to pay RR prices, but for my Ducato FIAT prices will do and I even consider them high.šŸ˜‰

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Thatā€™s high quality work, (too high for a Ducato?), but is definitely expensive.

Why would anyone opt for Ā£4000 to paint a motorhome bonnet when an average cost would do a ā€œgoodā€ job, better than FIATā€™S original anyway.

I agree with your comments in post #30. Keep mechanicals in top condition as far as possible if you want a trouble free trip. I use a mechanic friend for my servicing and repairs as I know he does an excellent job with no skimping. However, I have never heard of anyoneā€™s vehicle breaking down as a result of a ā€œpoorā€ paint job.

Still if you are running a RR you need to pay RR prices, but for my Ducato FIAT prices will do and I even consider them high.šŸ˜‰
In my experience, Fiat paint peal just doesn't just happen on the bonnet but all over the vehicle, especially the roof and sides of the windscreen.
To me, that's an all over respray IF one really wants it to look correct?
I'm not that fussed! šŸ˜„

PS. Now my mate is no longer as involved with the Touring Car Racing world, most of his work is now keeping a fleet of black RR hearses looking smart. šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
In my experience, Fiat paint peal just doesn't just happen on the bonnet but all over the vehicle, especially the roof and sides of the windscreen.
To me, that's an all over respray IF one really wants it to look correct?
I'm not that fussed! šŸ˜„

PS. Now my mate is no longer as involved with the Touring Car Racing world, most of his work is now keeping a fleet of black RR hearses looking smart. šŸ‘
PS. Just to clarify, it was an all over, full body, respray I was quoted for, not just the bonnet! šŸ˜„

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have taken my peeling Citroen Relay bit by bit and the only things not repainted are the roof and the 2 back doors. A Mate told me he had had an offer to respray his completely for Ā£2750, which seemed a good deal to me.

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
I know a man in the municipal at Tiznit who will do it for less!!!šŸ˜‰

IMG_5643.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun