driving to spain (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Think what you want fella i know what i think and will stay with my views that an open ferry is not where i would intentionally stick my van i'd rather drive
You don't want to buy an imported Benimar then Pal,,see them coming over brand new on Brittany on the rear open deck,,,BUSBY:notworthy:

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
We once arrived by car with small children at Santander to be told the Ferry home was cancelled due to a technical fault.
Work was booked at home so we didn't have the luxury of time or a smartphone.
With a combination of maps and phone support from my policeman brother in law to book the Chunnel we drove back in 24 hours.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We once arrived by car with small children at Santander to be told the Ferry home was cancelled due to a technical fault.
Work was booked at home so we didn't have the luxury of time or a smartphone.
With a combination of maps and phone support from my policeman brother in law to book the Chunnel we drove back in 24 hours.

Reminds me of when I was 19 ish.

A mate could only get a flight out of Gatwick. So, I offered a lift.

Back in the eighties, I drove from Manchester to Gatwick, straight through London to Gatwick and back. Picking them up a couple of weeks later. Never glanced at a map and barely any traffic.

I look back and think! "how the hell did I do that? stars and the moon?"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
You don't want to buy an imported Benimar then Pal,,see them coming over brand new on Brittany on the rear open deck,,,BUSBY:notworthy:
Here ya go November 2018 all brand new and there was a lot of spray, salty Benimar anyone!
235AB0A4-048E-40A3-A32D-5BAF910880E4.jpeg

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No

Here ya go November 2018 all brand new and there was a lot of spray, salty Benimar anyone!View attachment 275721
Ok so salt water spray is bad for vehicles and it will encourage them to corrode quicker and that is a fact and the salty spray will get everywhere - inside the chassis from the manafacturers holes that are left - and people wonder why some older vehicle chassis are so corroded.
And the only point i was trying to make was the vans on an open deck with a salt spray is a bad enviroment and a bit of wear and tear compared to a rotten chassis on a 10yr old vehicle which does happen - wear and tear is all repairable chassis corrosion on vehicle becomes a bit more of a problem and who wants to buy a vehicle knowing it has had chassis welding.
Everyone to their own choices but i'm just highlighting the fact that it is not the best enviroment to intentionally put your vehicle in especially if you want to keep it a few years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back