• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Doggyhut Trailer (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
One thing I learnt on my recent trip to France is that in warm weather my dog simply lies down and refuses to move at frequent intervals.
Before jumping in and buying new without knowing if he`ll take to it, I wondered if any funsters had one they wanted to sell ?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I'll take up the mantle if anyone has one going :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I had to look it up. Our dogs would go mad if you cooped them up in a trailer.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
My dog loved his trial in a friends dog basket but barks at wheels so yet to try him in a trailer!
IMG_0255.JPG

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
We tried our dog in a trailer for the first time in June and she was fine, but we had done some preparation with her pre holiday.
We started by putting treats or favourite toy in there for a couple of weeks and just encouraging her to go into the trailer to get those.Then putting her in and just wheeling around the garden.

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks @Dizzy Izzy I had thought I'd probably do something similar with treats etc to get him used to it.
I do hope it works as I like cycling but can't expect him to run as far as I can cycle so this would seem to be the answer

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Our dogs love our trailer too. They happily sit in it, no bribing needed. It means we can go much further and visit other places with them. They get walks when we get to wherever we are going or sometimes they walk one way and ride in the trailer the other.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Our dogs would go mad if you cooped them up in a trailer.

Same.

They do however love Bikejoring. Unless the dog is a working Husky type breed you mustn't let them pull you. You need to be pedalling fast enough so the dog is running with you. The lines are bungy cord so you have some leeway but not loads.

You can get the kit from here.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'll take up the mantle if anyone has one going :)
I've got a new medium sized one if you're interested, nice blue colour. £100 including P&P, let me know before I stick it on Ebay please.

41jDnSymufL.jpg

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Once we had got Muffin used to the trailer at home she was no problem on holiday.Like Allan & Loren we sometimes walked her one way or walked her when we got to wherever,it was really hot so she seemed glad of the ride!!

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Our Winston's well pleased with his, I would also be, getting carted around everywhere

20160809_180826.jpg

Andy

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
@Minxy Girl wish you had mentioned the trailer when we saw you last week! Might have to have a word with Chris and get back to you :)

Alice

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I've obviously seen these about but I'd assumed they were for dogs that were infirm ..

No, not at all. People can cycle further than small dogs can run, particularly in a warm climate.
As said, most seem to run one way and ride the trailer on return journey.
Picked my doggyhut up yesterday and very pleased. Seller said it had been used once, but you'd never know !
Started to introduce the dog to it, bit apprehensive at first but hopefully that will change.
Probably need an ebike now to save my legs ,!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
One thing I learnt on my recent trip to France is that in warm weather my dog simply lies down and refuses to move at frequent intervals.
Before jumping in and buying new without knowing if he`ll take to it, I wondered if any funsters had one they wanted to sell ?
Dogs are not as stupid as us,,,but my Yorkie years ago could trot/run more miles than i could cycle,,,,BUSBY.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
When I saw the heading I assumed that you wanted one for towing behind a motorbike. This is what our friends do with their three daschunds. They have a perspex dome on top so the dogs can see out if they want to. I will dig a picture when I get home next week.

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
We have a very old staffie rescue who is scared stiff when we put him in his doggyhut. He acts like we are murdering him just putting him in. We are off to Spain this week & as he gets tired walking these days we will have no choice but to put him in it very occasionally.Our other dogs are fine in it although they can fit in a basket so don't need to use it we put one in as a small companion to stop the staffie getting too stressed. I think he just doesn't like any change & is really sensitive to absolutely everything including vibrations. If any Funsters want to try our doggy hut to see if it suits their dog before they buy one we will be at Lincoln show staying over. I think a normal dog would be fine but our rescue dog has mental problems & he just doesn't adjust well to anything new & panics. He panics even if we leave him in the motorhome with the fly screen across & I am standing outside ! It is a fantastic dog trailer though & our tiny dogs love it & ha e no issues so would recommend it depending on the individual dogs temperament so best to try before you buy to check your dog is happy going in it.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We have a very old staffie rescue who is scared stiff when we put him in his doggyhut. He acts like we are murdering him just putting him in. We are off to Spain this week & as he gets tired walking these days we will have no choice but to put him in it very occasionally.Our other dogs are fine in it although they can fit in a basket so don't need to use it we put one in as a small companion to stop the staffie getting too stressed. I think he just doesn't like any change & is really sensitive to absolutely everything including vibrations. If any Funsters want to try our doggy hut to see if it suits their dog before they buy one we will be at Lincoln show staying over. I think a normal dog would be fine but our rescue dog has mental problems & he just doesn't adjust well to anything new & panics. He panics even if we leave him in the motorhome with the fly screen across & I am standing outside ! It is a fantastic dog trailer though & our tiny dogs love it & ha e no issues so would recommend it depending on the individual dogs temperament so best to try before you buy to check your dog is happy going in it.
What size is your doggy hut please?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back