Does anyone know what make of trailer this is? (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Saw this trailer in Spain this summer and wondered what it was.
Does anyone know?

Screenshot 3.png

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Yes. Its French and expensive, about 3.5k euro. If it's only a scooter you want to tow, try Google and Hydratrail.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I really like it. Any more info on how to find it would be helpful. Of course, I have searched already but just can't seem to find it.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Thomas cook are selling them on eBay no sensible offer refused. ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I defy anyone to reverse that thing. If you want a trailer to carry a scooter or even a quad or couple of motorbikes as well as other stuff, I have one for sale and its covered, so no cleaning once you arrive at destination.

Attachments

• Trailer 005.JPG
    Trailer 005.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Trailer 004.JPG
    Trailer 004.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Trailer 003.JPG
    Trailer 003.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 53

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Those sort of castor wheels have been used with a rigid connection between the towing vehicle and the trailer using two towing eyes. A French manufacturer used to make them but appears to have closed up now. The photo shows a single tow hook but is there a bar stopping movement? The idea is they can be reversed just as if they were an extension on the back of the MH

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If you look at the link it shows there is red bar that connects for reversing, it looks a very good bike trailer.??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Surely your Morelo has enough rear axle capacity to use a hydralift ? Far better than any trailer . Unless you are thinking of a Harley :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you look at the link it shows there is red bar that connects for reversing, it looks a very good bike trailer.??
If there is a bar then it must be connected all the time, even if detachable, not just when reversing.
Without it the trailer wheels would swivel on corners due to centrifugal force pushing the trailer sideways and the trailer would hit the van.
Those wheels don't swivel at all....it merely has 4 wheels to increase the carrying capacity on what look like 8" balloon tyres.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If there is a bar then it must be connected all the time, even if detachable, not just when reversing.
Without it the trailer wheels would swivel on corners due to centrifugal force pushing the trailer sideways and the trailer would hit the van.
Those wheels don't swivel at all....it merely has 4 wheels to increase the carrying capacity on what look like 8" balloon tyres.
Look at the link it does show it in one of the pictures.?
1569784430648.jpeg

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
An A class Rapido with one of these trailers pulled up on an Aire we were on in France last month.

He pull up as though he was going to back into the space and at that point I thought that it was going to be a pain in the arse for him to take of the trailer pull it to the back of the pitch and turn it around ready to hook back on again, but no, he just reversed the whole rig into the pitch with the trailer wheel swivelling through 180 degrees as he reversed.

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
I have one, had it three years been all over europe without a problem
Proper suspension , and the bike does not move
Factory is down by le mans in france
Converted mine from a manual winch to a electric
Look on utube french motorbike trailer

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
.......and, I understand, it is not classified as a trailer on the cross-channel operators. Why? Because it is not articulated from the towing vehicle.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
So you have to get out and attach that bar every time you want to reverse? ?

Then take it off again when you want to go forwards?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
.......and, I understand, it is not classified as a trailer on the cross-channel operators. Why? Because it is not articulated from the towing vehicle.

I find that odd as it would articulate if the bar isn’t fitted.

My hydratrail I don’t have to put a bar on ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So you have to get out and attach that bar every time you want to reverse? ?

Then take it off again when you want to go forwards?
As I said earlier, without that bar the wheels would castor and the trailer would swing out on corners under centrifugal force so the bar remains attached at all times.
Unlike the Hydrotrail which needs dual towball this only needs a regular ball and secondary fixing point for the tie bar.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As I said earlier, without that bar the wheels would castor and the trailer would swing out on corners under centrifugal force so the bar remains attached at all times.
Unlike the Hydrotrail which needs dual towball this only needs a regular ball and secondary fixing point for the tie bar.
The wheels don't castor because you lock them in position and then take the bar off that you reversed with, when reversing the bar is in position and the wheels are unlocked, It's all on the video on the web site I posted and possibly the others but I have not watched them all.

Martin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mine doesn’t use dual ball it attaches via a square bar vertically.
The wheels don't castor because you lock them in position and then take the bar off that you reversed with, when reversing the bar is in position and the wheels are unlocked, It's all on the video on the web site I posted and possibly the others but I have not watched them all.

Martin
I give in..... When did they change the design on all these.
The last I saw had two drawbar, two ball cups and two towball on one wide towbar. It didn't articulate and the wheels swiveled all the time.
The other was the design above but the secondary bar took the place of the second towball, the wheels permenantly swivelled and it didn't articulate.

Reactions: DBK

Chillin

Free Member
Oct 5, 2022
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740+
I have one, had it three years been all over europe without a problem
Proper suspension , and the bike does not move
Factory is down by le mans in france
Converted mine from a manual winch to a electric
Look on utube french motorbike trailer
I've just bought this trailer....the French "fitter" only spoke French and I didn't quite get what he thought about strapping down the handlebar bar. He just strapped the wheels as I understand. What do you do ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Seen a new looking trailer on a French MH the other day which was supplied by these folk.

Single towing eye but with a stabilising bar so it stays rigid to the towing vehicle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back