Does anyone know what make of trailer this is? (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I would be inclined to strap down the handlebars to prevent any tendency to oscillate under acceleration or more likely braking . You need to do it sufficient to compress the forks a fair bit . I did that with scooter on rear of my RV with hydraulic lift .

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Surely, if the scooter trailer is rigidly mounted to the MH all it will do is increase the MH overhang. Looks decidedly dodgy to me.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Surely, if the scooter trailer is rigidly mounted to the MH all it will do is increase the MH overhang. Looks decidedly dodgy to me.
Rigid yes but only to stop sideways pivot like in a normal trailer. The ball can still move up and down (I believe) and so isn't rigid and weight not taken by van (well a nose weight of course).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
They can flex up and down. The wheels are like big castors so you can reverse very easily because the trailer can't move left or right. What they do is just increase the overall length of the MH.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
They can flex up and down. The wheels are like big castors so you can reverse very easily because the trailer can't move left or right. What they do is just increase the overall length of the MH.
I understand that, but if it increases the length of the MH it must increase the length of overhang. The MH will still pivot on its rear wheels and the trailer will swing out on its castors.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I understand that, but if it increases the length of the MH it must increase the length of overhang. The MH will still pivot on its rear wheels and the trailer will swing out on its castors.
Totally agree If you have a long overhang to start with you will need to pay particular attention to the rear swing , I certainly had to even though it was only an extra meter or so when added to the 12mtr oal especially on roundabouts with multi lanes :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back