Do you wear Motorhome merchandise? (1 Viewer)

Do you wear Motorhome branded stuff?

• Total voters
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I've never worn any M/H related apparel, but possibly would.

Wouldn't be a manufacturer or brand, but would possibly wear a YouTuber I liked t shirt maybe? More to support them than any other reason.

Actually, if any manufacturer wants to pay me a fortune to wear a competitors logo and hang around their stand at the NEC - PM me :roflmto:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I was given a Carthago cap at a meet a couple of years ago and as it’s far better quality than the other caps I have I do wear it a fair bit.
However, I’m very wary about wearing it anywhere near where the Moho is parked as anyone seeing me out walking with it on will know that the Moho is not occupied.

Richard.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Not exactly branded but we'll be wearing these retirement presents given to us today at every photo opp possible and then sending them to ex workmates just to rub it in...

IMG_4160.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Haha,
When I bought my dream toy, I practically sprinted to look at my new car with it quad exhaust and AMG badge and the first thing my eyes locked onto was the 6 inch window sticker freshly stuck on with my Mercedes dealers full contact details. I made them take it off and clean the rear window again!
Do you MH's have a sticker on your MH's:dance2:

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Never forget an even sadder vision was a British tourist in Greece and he was wearing his Stagecoach bus driver fleece and shorts
They didn't even match:eek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
shopping bags, nice strong bags, more importantly, there were free
Speaking of shopping bags, I will never take an 'own brand' shopping bag in its home supermarket.
Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S bags etc into Morrison etc.
Just a quirk but advertising a rival supermarket gives me a sense of payback by doing it.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Use the Plastic Zip thingy that came with a "Renault Master piece". It contained a plastic bottle with oil in and a nice little Paper/plastic funnel. It has been with me in Canada and South Africa and is about to go to Japan soon,if its not called off,as a " Hanging travel Toiletry bag " (It carries the Renault brand name ).... Waste not, want not,i mean,who is going to see it ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :hi5: :drinks:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my son in law has pants just like that and shows them off every time he bends over

as for being a walking advertisement for a dealership or manufacturer, I hope I am never that sad

Friends of mine used to be all smug and stuck up when wearing their matching Ferrari branded jackets. Sad really as they could only afford a ford fiesta

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
I do believe in advertising.
A few years ago with the advent of cable and sky tv, it was apparent that roof arials on houses were now becoming obsolete.
I was going to buy a small van and advertise taking the arials down. I got some T shirts printed up, the Logo read "Graeme`s VanArial services" didnt get much work from it though!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I do believe in advertising.
A few years ago with the advent of cable and sky tv, it was apparent that roof arials on houses were now becoming obsolete.
I was going to buy a small van and advertise taking the arials down. I got some T shirts printed up, the Logo read "Graeme`s VanArial services" didnt get much work from it though!
sounds more of a disease than a service

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
life is not a race to the end, but a leisurely journey enjoying the scenery says it all

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I’ve got my 2 set of London 2012 games maker uniforms. I only had to do 6 day shifts and so hardly worn and the outer rain jacket not at all.
All lovely quality and such a shame to be packed away but i would feel a prat going out with all the branding on.

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
I've never worn any M/H related apparel, but possibly would.

Wouldn't be a manufacturer or brand, but would possibly wear a YouTuber I liked t shirt maybe? More to support them than any other reason.
I just bought a new work jumper, a YouTubers merc. Gromett should know who
IMG_20200213_202637.jpg

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Slightly off topic ....

I worked in the rag trade (fashion retailing) many years ago with some big brands. I know what it cost to make and what it sold for. Ever since then I cannot stomach to pay for any pricey item, say a £60 pair of jeans, because I know they only cost a few pounds to make.

My exception to that is any technically functional clothes such as Skiwear or clothes for boating. I’ve been in many a nasty situation where the ability of the clothing has been a real life-saver; so I’ll obviously pay for that.

Saying that, the likes of Decathlon are changing the game re technical clothing, making it more affordable as well as earning a reputation of a great product.

Back on topic, and bearing in mind the points above, I can’t see a motor home manufacturer make good “technical” clothing, but if they did I’d certainly wear it. Beyond that, probably not.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I did hear that autotrail are in negotiation with a waterproof company to make their own brand clothing to keep customers dry inside their vans

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I did hear that autotrail are in negotiation with a waterproof company to make their own brand clothing to keep customers dry inside their vans

I heard that high end continental makes were selling specially reinforced underpants, with extra protection to the back passage.

This is to prevent owners getting up themselves.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
I'm capable of making myself look like an idiot without adding attire that would make me look like a right plonker.

Makes you want to throw up when you see couples with their matching C&CC sweatshirts, fleeces & brollies.:sick:

I will own up to having 3 x Hymer, 1 Charthago & 1 Morello shopping bags, nice strong bags, more importantly, there were free.:ROFLMAO:
Those people you mention are the site wardens and should be given the utmost respect,They are too busy to clear up your vomit

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I've got a mountain warehouse coat. It cost more than a Rab!!

P.s Im a brand whore. I can't help it ?
I got mine with the usual 30% off then got an extra£20 off as there were a few loose stitches. Its one of our jokes that we ought to see if they have a sale on....its like DFS theres always a sale on

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I voted 'No' for motorhome 'branded' clothes, but must plead guilty to wearing 'LaCoste' avec la crocodile. My biggest crime, in the eyes of some, would be wearing 'Rohan'; even the underwear is 'branded'; well the Tee shirts are. Great Kit though.

Robert
When we went to Thailand years ago you could buy a roll of crocodiles to sew on yourself!

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Do we all not spend £20-£30-£40-£50-£60K and more and drive about advertiseing the very company that has just over charged us thousands too much?

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Rob him and tell him to do it himself.
Oh no sorry I thought we were discussing Politicians Code of Ethics

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
A couple of years ago were were on the ferry returning from France. There was a couple wandering around the ship with the "look at us pose" in our Porsche jackets. You could see heads turn and people making expressions of OMG. Any way to give then some credit ...we happened to go down the same stair case , as them, to the car deck......

He got into his Porsche 911.........

She got into her ...

Porsche 911....why can't they both get into one are the cars that small ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back