Do you wear Motorhome merchandise? (1 Viewer)

Do you wear Motorhome branded stuff?

• Total voters

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I do believe in advertising.
A few years ago with the advent of cable and sky tv, it was apparent that roof arials on houses were now becoming obsolete.
I was going to buy a small van and advertise taking the arials down. I got some T shirts printed up, the Logo read "Graeme`s VanArial services" didnt get much work from it though!
Reminds me of the time we had new neighbours move in. Said to my son, hey, did you see that a new dutch family have moved in next door? No he said but how do you know they are Dutch, have you talked to them. No I said but the father has his name on his motor, Hertz Van Rental..................I will get me coat :imoutahere:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I expect most of it lies around in peoples cupboards for years and then ends up down the tip. Thinking of all the rubbish that drug reps used to give me before it became illegal although my hideous purple fleece blanket has travelled a lot of miles in our motorhome to warm my knees when all you hardy Northerners insist on sitting outside wearing shorts when it’s freezing!

But to answer your question, I’m pretty sure women wouldn’t although men might I suppose.

OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Looking at the vote then, I gather it’s a big fat no!!
I bet half of you are sat in the closet on this and are secretly sat there with your Funster badges on using an adventure before dementia mug!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I buy a logo'd polo shirt at each of my club's m/bike rallies to support the organisers and wear it for a day, then it remains in a drawer for ever more with the other 15 or 20.
I avoid all commercially and 'funny' logo'd clothing, :sick: preferring to rely on my charm and charisma to be noticed.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
When we went to Thailand years ago you could buy a roll of crocodiles to sew on yourself!

At CDG airport they used to have 'Representatives' of the major 'counterfeited' brands present in Customs to meet flights from Dubai. Handbags were the big 'giveaway', which resulted in a full search and 300 Dirham 'Rolex'/Lacost shirts et al being confiscated.

I once met a Taiwanese couterfeiter who was very proud of his line of Rolex/Omega wristwatches, he said he only used Seiko internals in them.

Robert

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
A couple of years ago were were on the ferry returning from France. There was a couple wandering around the ship with the "look at us pose" in our Porsche jackets. You could see heads turn and people making expressions of OMG. Any way to give then some credit ...we happened to go down the same stair case , as them, to the car deck......

He got into his Porsche 911.........

She got into her ...

Porsche 911....why can't they both get into one are the cars that small ?

Factory delivery drivers?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If you can come up with a van named Crocs you have a well established marketing tool.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
No, and i also take the garage branded stickers out of cars as well. and replace garage branded number plates at first opportunity
I remove all the dealers stickers and any other crap very often before driving away ⚠️?

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I got a ‘Marquis’ brolly with one of the vans years ago. It lives next to the back door at home for the odd occasion I need to take the dog in to the garden when it’s hissing down and it’s never been seen in public ?

If the weather’s bad enough for a brolly elsewhere, my trusted 20 year old ‘Fox Racing’ brolly comes out for public duty.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Often work mess rooms etc have an assortment of mugs from different companies, do these ever generate any buisness for the people who have supplied them. As far as I see the people who usually end up using them have nothing to do with buying etc .

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Ooh, this thread reminds me - I was given a Hymer shopping bag at one of the shows. Well posh.

Just the thing for my shopping in Tesco. :giggle:

OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
So we are saying the posh fabric bags and umbrellas are a possibility but clothing a no no!

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I tend to avoid badges and brand names, but I would wear a MH FUN shirt/Fleece, especially if the purchase of the item was linked to a charitable cause?
Jim

Last edited:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Just a question, do you wear branded Motorhome stuff? For instance Bailey Baseball Caps or Cathargo Fleeces? Would you walk to the toilet block with your Hymer travel bag? You you pack Elddis towels or use your Auto-Trail mains hook up bag?

Don't be a daft lad. I actively try to avoid logos unless it was a free FUN bit of kit. Ha ha

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Anything useful is always welcome, shopping bags, umbrellas, lanyards, coasters etc. Branded clothing doesn't really appeal to me.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Not at all,
Where else can I get the opinion of users that will be brutally honest. I could have set something up, spent a lot of money to find it fails or just ask you lot before I do anything!
Rather than spend money on give-aways I would rather you invested the money in Simon Howards Motorhomes to give increasing better service.
Although you have an enviable reputation already, every bit helps.
Phil

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
I am currently sitting in my house wearing a `Dakota` jacket.
Got it freebie yonks ago and worth a fortune from rigs.
Heating off, good lady is roasting, temp outside with wind is about -900000million. She has `Lady things` i cant mention so the question is why are women so frigging cold? (i dont mean in personality) no quips pls

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hubby was 'sad' once ... we had a Vauxhall Meriva so he bought a branded baseball cap ... I wouldn't go out with him if he wore it! :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am currently sitting in my house wearing a `Dakota` jacket.
Got it freebie yonks ago and worth a fortune from rigs.
Heating off, good lady is roasting, temp outside with wind is about -900000million. She has `Lady things` i cant mention so the question is why are women so frigging cold? (i dont mean in personality) no quips pls
Are we talking menopause? Trust me on this, us women cope with it but if a man got hot flushes he'd jump in the nearest frozen lake! :LOL:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I do have a Waitrose shopping bag but I have been known to get a lot of stick when that appears at the Motorhome shows you mean lot! Mind you I get teased about shopping there even when I don’t have it.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
I do have a Waitrose shopping bag but I have been known to get a lot of stick when that appears at the Motorhome shows you mean lot! Mind you I get teased about shopping there even when I don’t have it.
Is it a charity shop?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Absolutely, cannot understand paying to advertise someone elses product they should pay me. I remember saying something similar to a girl at work who was well endowed in the chest department and wearing an advertising tshirt that she should be selling advertising space ( probably be harassment these days but it hadn't been invented then so she thought it was funny)
Seen some lately with Hollister on, why do they want to advertise colostomy appliances?
A few years ago a “well endowed” young lady was walking down a street in Cardiff. Her T-shirt had writing across the chest in small letters.

When I managed to read it, it said..........

Stop looking at my tits”

Fell for it, hook, line and sinker!

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I used to fly a Cirrus single engine aircraft and they gave me a flying jacket, it was too warm to fly in but I looked like Biggles brother ?

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I remove all the dealers stickers and any other crap very often before driving away ⚠?
[/QUOTE]

“You remove them” I always ask if they want to remove them themselves or if they would prefer me to raise an invoice for my advertising their services and take it off the final payment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back