Did you buy your MH at the NEC from Brownhills in Oct (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
When we bought our Rapido, there was a problem with the final price that I signed for. The salesman gave us a price and then the Financial Director, took over and he went into the office to get it printed off properly. When he came back, he did read out the list of extras, that we had ordered. He mentioned that the heated floor had been put in twice, but I assumed that the money figure had not been included in the price. When it came to the final figure I thought it was wrong,said it was wrong, but he seemed to be sure of his figures. We sat and chatted until the table at the back of us,started protesting about their figures being wrong. This gave me the courage to question again the figure that I had put my signature too. Looked at the invoice again and two items totalling £730 had been put in twice.
I will give the man the benifit of the doubt, and assume that he was as show weared as I was, but I would have thought that a Financial Director, should have been more aware of what was going on. They were having technical issues with their system on the day!!.
I would just like to thank the couple who kicked off about their price and saved me £730. Whoever they were .

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Probably an innocent mistake - however in all my years I have noticed that these mistakes always work in favour of the seller

Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
At the show 2 years ago Glossop's FD sold us a new MH for £10 less than the actual price as he wrote the figure down wrong. We cancelled when the £10k was added without telling us.
MH salesmen are salesmen who know little about motorhomes and are only interested in the sale - it is the MH which sells itself.
I was appalled at this years show on the Thursday - we were on the Rapido stand and after asking SEVEN people we left in disgust as none had a clue about the vans. I wrote to Rapido asking why they didnt have any Rapido employees at the show on the Thursday and didnt get a good answer (we were there on the Tuesday and Wednesday!")

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cairngorm
Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
When we bought our Rapido, there was a problem with the final price that I signed for. The salesman gave us a price and then the Financial Director, took over and he went into the office to get it printed off properly. When he came back, he did read out the list of extras, that we had ordered. He mentioned that the heated floor had been put in twice, but I assumed that the money figure had not been included in the price. When it came to the final figure I thought it was wrong,said it was wrong, but he seemed to be sure of his figures. We sat and chatted until the table at the back of us,started protesting about their figures being wrong. This gave me the courage to question again the figure that I had put my signature too. Looked at the invoice again and two items totalling £730 had been put in twice.
I will give the man the benifit of the doubt, and assume that he was as show weared as I was, but I would have thought that a Financial Director, should have been more aware of what was going on. They were having technical issues with their system on the day!!.
I would just like to thank the couple who kicked off about their price and saved me £730. Whoever they were .
As an update, when we did go and pick up the mh. We meet the salesman and he explained how the price had been calculated and because I had ordered an extra that was now standard on the Rapido, and the amount would come off the price I paid.
Well and good I thought and it wasn’t till a couple of months later, when I was filing the invoice away , that I glanced at it and noticed an extra, that I hadn’t ordered. Queried it with sales and a couple of weeks later I got a cheque from them as a refund.
I am still baffled and bemused by the whole process and if I ever buy another mh, I would certainly be very vigilant on writing down figures as the process went on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back