Aug 5, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 285
Exp
Since August 2017
Hi all,
I've been considering fitting DRL's to my 2013 Ducato and have come across these on Ebay..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daytime-...cato-Boxer-Relay-Motorhome-White/251544240464

They seem quite popular and was wondering if anyone has them fitted or has any pro's or con's about DRL's please, these in particular or any other kits..

Any other suggestions re alternative DRL's or fitting advice would also be very welcome..

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Some time since I did some but the ones which go in the fog light hole are easier to fit as you are not cutting a new hole just using the existing slots (you do have to cut but it is very easy). So down to your DIY skills and which you feel looks better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I fitted a pair of these a couple of years ago. Easy enough to do but needed to take the nearside headlamp unit out to make the connections.
TIP test it all out before putting the headlamp unit back...........................

Incidentally these appear to be acceptable as an alternative in countries that insist you have your headlights on during the day.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bubblyboy

Bubblyboy

Free Member
Aug 5, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 285
Exp
Since August 2017
Some time since I did some but the ones which go in the fog light hole are easier to fit as you are not cutting a new hole just using the existing slots (you do have to cut but it is very easy). So down to your DIY skills and which you feel looks better.
Hi Camdoon,
I am going for the DRL's that sit in the recess's as they look pretty good and there is no cutting involved at all as the wire passes through the grill, however there will be 2 screw holes to drill to attach them to the bodywork... The whole process looks pretty straightforward, helped by a Youtube Vid outlining the whole process, start to finish, which was lucky for me..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bubblyboy

Bubblyboy

Free Member
Aug 5, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 285
Exp
Since August 2017
I fitted a pair of these a couple of years ago. Easy enough to do but needed to take the nearside headlamp unit out to make the connections.
TIP test it all out before putting the headlamp unit back...........................

Incidentally these appear to be acceptable as an alternative in countries that insist you have your headlights on during the day.
Thanks Terry, yes the headlight removal seems the hardest part to do but luckily I found a brilliant Youtube vid that outlines everything :) Thanks for the tip too, I will definitely follow that advice!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I tried to fit them to my 2008 but it kept causing a problem with the computer and flagged a fault light on the dashboard something to do with canbus or something.
Gave up in the end :(

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Why bother? It's just something else to go wrong that isn't needed. Aftermarket ones always look naff anyway. :whistle: IMO :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back