Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Hi all
Looking to get a dash cam for the van, but ideally one that I can also quickly move between the van and car(s)
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Andy

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
After having a cheap Chinese thing for about ÂŁ20, when it stopped recording I bought a Roadhawk with hardwire kit for the moho.
Plug in lead for the car, very easy to swop over and works very well, also includes GPS positioning which is useful

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
And another for Nextbase. This :
Broken Link Removed
Nextbase 312GW Dash Cam.
578/4077

I got from Argos just before Christmas, about ÂŁ75. Comes with screen sucker and a fairly long cable which plugs into either 12 v or USB. We put in in whichever vehicle we are using at the time.

Good picture and easy to use software.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I have a blackvue and you can buy a second vehicle kit so you can transfer it to another car.
Quality piece of kit.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have a Roadhawk HD in the van. Easy to swap around with a spare power lead and better video quality than many cheaper dash cams.
We also have a Mio Mivue, again, great quality video, and a Garmiin Nuvicam, all in one sat nav and dashcam in another car. Video quality is nothing to write home about though with the Garmin.
Ideally, you want one that will give a clear picture and record a car number plate clearly in dim light. Gps positioning and speed display on playback are useful too.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Another fan of the Mio cameras (y)

I bought a MiVue 568 Touch for my last van, with an extra power lead and suction mount to enable quick transfer to the car. It has GPS and is 1080p quality, should you ever need to pick a number plate out.

The only negative for me and it may be operator error, but the default setting on automatic start up, is for the display screen to fire up and stay on.
It is only a matter of pressing a button on the side of the unit to switch the screen off, but especially during the day, when the small screen is harder to see, I sometimes forget to switch it off and of course that is illegal :whistle:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Brought 2 back from the USA 2012. Cheap as chips, ($15) each both still working. picture quality is good enough to embarrass "dic**eads" (780p I think). But most of all we have a record of our time on the road in the USA, as I downloaded large chunks to the Laptop, some of the views are Epic!, especially crossing the "Great Divide". They are the older style with drop down screen, which means they cannot be inadvertently left in the drivers view either.

OP
OP
AndyJJDavies
Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Thanks all for the comments, I've ordered a Nextbase 312GW from Amazon to see what it's like.

Well that didn't work out too well. The Nextbase is fine in the motorhome but no matter where I put it in the car it was just in the way and too big to be practical so it's going back. Going to give the Mobius a try.

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
had a next base , but battery failed . daughter had the same model and hers failed too.
bought 2 transcend drive pro 220s , very impressed, and paid for 4-year warranty with anti theft cover from amazon

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
just put MiVue 618 in the van. Looks a nice bit of kit; just have to work out how to change the speed readout from kph to mph.:unsure:
Quite simple install on the right hand side of the car if you want MPH and the left for KmPH. Awkward in Australia but there you just need to install upside down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back