Croatia has built the bridge avoiding Bosnia. 👍 (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Screenshot_20220728-215102_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-215135_Chrome.jpg

👍😎 Bob.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Let’s see how long it lasts then! Hope they didn’t bring their own materials from China.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
China are investing huge sums of money into infrastructure projects. They've done it a lot in Africa. With very onerous terms on the loans, so if the state fails to make a payment, they default and China become the owner.

They are doing the same with the small Pacific Island Nations "we will build a harbour for you(y)"

The catch is??? The Chinese Navy can use it as a base!!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
But no worries guys, keep on supporting them by buying your I phones, Batteries & diesel heaters and a massive percentage of everything else and it will probably be mostly ok for our generation, I mean they re obviously about to take over several nations but they re all miles away so why bother.................

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We used the bridge recently. Huge amount of work and it all looked fantastic. We wondered where the money had come from.

We stopped overnight near Ston. I enjoyed some quiet beach time whilst Martin and our son walked the 5km walls, longest and oldest in Europe apparently.

000CE39B-C7F3-49FC-9D09-51EDA3FCA0F2.jpeg

6B2597E9-6578-40EE-9AEE-D870C4CDD026.jpeg

C122184B-D6FB-4150-ABBF-6F8C710E3FC9.jpeg

6A8916F5-CFBA-44B0-9C23-5883EFE31BAC.jpeg

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If any other country doesn't like the Chinese taking over influence over other nations stump up the money.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
If any other country doesn't like the Chinese taking over influence over other nations stump up the money.
the point is that they are deliberately suckering poor countries into debts they know they can't afford. it will be too late when us western dummies realise that we are surrounded. Hambantota port in Sri Lanka is a really good example.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
the point is that they are deliberately suckering poor countries into debts they know they can't afford. it will be too late when us western dummies realise that we are surrounded. Hambantota port in Sri Lanka is a really good example.

I would interested to know your sources...

JJ :cool:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
  • Thanks
Reactions: JJ
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
But no worries guys, keep on supporting them by buying your I phones, Batteries & diesel heaters and a massive percentage of everything else and it will probably be mostly ok for our generation, I mean they re obviously about to take over several nations but they re all miles away so why bother.................
What's the alternative, no one else is making these things?

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Let’s see how long it lasts then! Hope they didn’t bring their own materials from China.

Take a visit to China and see the quality of some of the infrastructure projects over there. The bridge/tunnel across the sea from Hong Kong to Macau, the high speed train lines across China. Their skill has improved drastically over the last 30 years with the experience they have had at home and across the world. I wouldn't expect their work to be any worse than any British infrastructure - just they wouldn't take 30 years to build something!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
What's the alternative, no one else is making these things ?
The alternative is that we need to bring in import restrictions of some kind to limit how much control China has markets; What is China's objective? is it just money or is it the unbreakable link between money and power?

Seriously next time you re shopping have a look at where things are made, you will find a massive proportion are made in China/PRC, much of the clothing - even stuff with Union Jack logo's on will say deigned in UK but then the cloth label will say China. Its truly Shocking, Most Power tools including Bosch, in fact much of what is in the DIY stores, electronics, phones, light bulbs, MG cars etc.

Tbc I'm not on a buy british campaign - what I'm saying is its not good for so much of the stuff we use to come from one country, especially when that country is in effect a one party autocracy with a terrible attitude to the well being of its own citizens. It would be very easy to get infrastructure projects done here if we just bulldozed any objectors.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
The alternative is that we need to bring in import restrictions of some kind to limit how much control China has markets; What is China's objective? is it just money or is it the unbreakable link between money and power?

Seriously next time you re shopping have a look at where things are made, you will find a massive proportion are made in China/PRC, much of the clothing - even stuff with Union Jack logo's on will say deigned in UK but then the cloth label will say China. Its truly Shocking, Most Power tools including Bosch, in fact much of what is in the DIY stores, electronics, phones, light bulbs, MG cars etc.

Tbc I'm not on a buy british campaign - what I'm saying is its not good for so much of the stuff we use to come from one country, especially when that country is in effect a one party autocracy with a terrible attitude to the well being of its own citizens. It would be very easy to get infrastructure projects done here if we just bulldozed any objectors.
I did a clear out for my elderly neighbour who was emigrating to Canada with his daughter.

He gave me a load of power tools. All the recent ones were made in china.

However, the ones that were not that old were made in Europe. Bosch drill from Switzerland, Bosch sander from Eastern Europe and an Angle grinder from Romania. So what’s happened in the last decade or so?.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I did a clear out for my elderly neighbour who was emigrating to Canada with his daughter.

However, the ones that were not that old were made in Europe. Bosch drill from Switzerland, Bosch sander from Eastern Europe and an Angle grinder from Romania. So what’s happened in the last decade or so?.

It is easy to be fooled by branding. My recent purchases of cordless garden equipment started with a lawnmower that I mistakenly believed was from a Swedish manufacturer. I thought: yippee! Then I discovered it was made in China but by then I was locked into that marque because I had bought the expensive 40v lithium batteries and charger. So I bought the corresponding strimmer and leaf blower that share the same battery.

I understand that (almost?) all the cordless gadgets and tools on sale in the UK are really from 3 Chinese manufacturers. It is a Chinese monopoly in all but name.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

In Bosch's case they are now trying to survive off their previous history off producing high quality tools by putting their badge on anything they can make a buck on. It went to Eastern Europe where the standard of living steadily rose and wages with it so now production has gone to the far east where competition rules are somewhat different.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Back to the original photo, I've seen something like that in France which which had an English architect, Norman Foster. Did the Chinese steal some designs? The Chinese version looks very similar!
1666008020387.png

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Back on topic…….
I’m glad they built the bridge as when I crossed the wee bit Bosnian coast the guy at the border had an eye patch and a hook for a hand toting a mahoosive machine gun with the bullets on a belt hinging oot it!
Nothing says welcome to Bosnia better than that!!!! 😂😂😂😳

Reactions: DBK

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Bosnia is one of the most interesting and stunning countries in Europe. It is well worth an explore.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back