Could this be the most Illegal van going? (6 Viewers)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
On that basis one could say that it's irresponsible to take any child in any vehicle on todays roads. More especially in a motorhome and most definitely an A class. How about a motorcycle pillion or sidecar passenger? Or a pushbike with child seat?

Or go the other direction and have no laws or safety standards at all.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Probably the most irresponsible people on the road...where they really shouldn't be. Just because you are entitled to do something doesn't mean you should.
Interesting. We were behind a motorcycle with a passenger who was probably about 12 years old last week .
One part of me said “ that’s not right “ , the other part said “ I bet he loves the time on the bike with his dad “

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
Interesting. We were behind a motorcycle with a passenger who was probably about 12 years old last week .
One part of me said “ that’s not right “ , the other part said “ I bet he loves the time on the bike with his dad “
Our kids loved pillion with their dad. I think it’s nice that the family in question are having quality time together In the MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just assuming that they are well aware of the legality and the risks of transporting their children without proper safety measures, I would be curious to know what other risks they take - like maintaining the roadworthiness of the van etc. In the end, if they injure themselves or their children I guess it's their choice. Cause an accident in which someone else gets hurt and it's another thing altogether . . .
Thought it was a hire van. BUSBY.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Ahh those were the days,travelling from pub as a child to home on a late sunday afternoon in the boot of my dads car in the 70s when they decided to drop friends off from the pub on the way.
After leaving us outside the pub with the odd bag of crisps and bottle of pop all afternoon..

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i can remember carrying uncles to the car blind drunk to drive his family home after a party times change drunk driving used to be a five shilling fine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back