Cold Weather Escape for Bah humbugs like us, Advice please. (1 Viewer)

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
What's Fuerteventura like for MHs? Sites, aires etc? :)
We met my brother and SIL in Fuerteventura in April...they were staying in one of the beach front hotels. Never been before....would only return to meet them again. The campsite is very conveniently situated though and perfectly ok though lots of statics and lots of English..... and if you want home from home it's a place to go. Hardly a Spanish voice to be heard even in the shops/bars...not for us at all we like to be in the Spain that is populated by Spaniards not English/Irish.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Have you ever heard of a little place along the coast called ,, ben,,, iiiii,,,, dorm. ! Lololol x
Been there a few times now . Time for a change so I'm watching this thread with interest now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We met my brother and SIL in Fuerteventura in April...they were staying in one of the beach front hotels. Never been before....would only return to meet them again. The campsite is very conveniently situated though and perfectly ok though lots of statics and lots of English..... and if you want home from home it's a place to go. Hardly a Spanish voice to be heard even in the shops/bars...not for us at all we like to be in the Spain that is populated by Spaniards not English/Irish.
Sounds like the south end of Tenerife. Scrub that then! :)

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
What about Marbella?, anyone stayed round that area for Xmas & new year?

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Tinal,

I understand why you would ask advice from others who are old hands at wintering in Spain, but the old saying of "one mans meat is another mans poison" was never a bigger truism than in motor homing. The secret is not to worry, just get out there and explore and find the Spain that is right for you, which is the very essence of the freedom of motor homing. The camper that is happy in Torres del Mar is unlikely to be having the time of his or her life in the wonderful Cabo de Gata,

The Tincas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TinaLes
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
So true Tincataylor, and I do take on board and agree, we are all different seeking different things.
Having scoured the search engines, read comments and reviews from all nationalities, it has become more than evident to us that we will do as we do here in the UK.
We like to find quiet sites with no swimming pools or kids areas as we have done all that! the location & View is everything for us.
Now just give me some good local garden produce,also some fresh Fish or Meat,booze also helps, stand back and watch me cook, as I love creating authentic food with maybe a twist of poetic license, or fusion as I like to term it, in the use of herbs & spices. :drinks:
Its very much looking like camperstop is going to point the way for us, with the odd site to empty and replenish the tanks. I hope we can discover a Spain that is to our liking, which will be easier if we can skip past The Costa Brava and not look to our Left too much! :lipssealed:
Thanks for all funster views thus far, we are getting excited at just the thought of escaping after such a long wait for our new van :happy: we need a holiday so much !

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Its very much looking like camperstop is going to point the way for us, with the odd site to empty and replenish the tanks. I hope we can discover a Spain that is to our liking, which will be easier if we can skip past The Costa Brava and not look to our Left too much! :lipssealed:

Now there's a mistake...the Costa Brava in the Province of Catalonia stretches from the French border right down to just south of Barcelona. It has amazing beaches, woods, mountains and villages and it's where the Pyrenees meets the Mediterranean. It is one of the most beautiful parts of Spain with wonderful food, the home of Cava which can give french bubbly a run for its money:) and a delicious local red Penedes and Priorat wines. It's only the 'Torres' where the first British package tours began that SHOULD be avoided at all costs...a bit like Fuerteventura....full of Brits and Irish / english speakers with english/irish food and drink.....avoid those and the rest of the Costa is beautiful as indeed is Barcelona...one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It's best visited either in the spring when the fruit blossom is a delight to behold or in the autumn when the crowds have vanished. It s cold in January but in February it begins to warm when the fruit trees are in bloom.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back