Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
We parked in cite europe car park yesterday (31-07-20) until about 3.30pm for a couple of hours shopping. After getting fuel I pulled up at the bourne and did my usual checking under the van and visual inspections before driving to the tunnel. I found a young man had wedged himself on top of the rear axle. I immediately drove around to the police station. The police were immediate in their response and soon had the man out and arrested.

I am posting this for information as I feel it is important for other motorhome users who like me enjoy their holidays in France and use cite europe. People should be aware this has happened in the middle of the day. We enjoy shopping at cite europe but for now we will be avoiding the area. I am not interested in anyone's opinions regarding the subject of illegal or legal immigration in general and prefer this thread is used to inform only. thank you

stay safe

Steve

IMG_20200731_154546.jpg

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for the heads up.

Where exactly is the Police Station? We’ve been to Citi Europe a few times and know that folks refer to the Police Station but can’t say that I’ve ever noticed it.

Ian

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
What made him think you was heading home? It shows how desparate they are now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We’ve not seen any for a few years, but thanks for the reminder, always wise to check.

The consequences of not having a quick look are terrifying.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We parked there for a short while on Thursday morning. Before driving off I had a look underneath but they would have to be slimmer than a racing snake to find anywhere under our van.
As we left the car park two dodgy looking guys were hanging about opposite the entrance.

Well done for going straight to the police. (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why do so many people still use the facility , beats me, there are so many other places in France to shop 👍
Because it's handy and have everything we want, and we must have been at least 20 times over the years and never seen any sign of a migrant or any trouble.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
When we were returning on 17th March, we had to be so vigilant, as immigrants were constantly pacing the road and car parks between Lidl's and the Police Station. The area was heaving with MHs coming home. We had to warn a couple of owners that their vehicles were being eyed up as potential carriers. 😮
One elderly lady threatened a couple of immigrants with her walking stick. 😂

Cheers,

Jock.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We were there Wednesday morning for an hour. We saw a car pull in towing a big caravan. A few minutes later 2 black people walk into the car park at the other side, they make a beeline for the caravan, but before they get there they see a policeman walk in the motorhome entrance. I don't know if he shouted anything to them as he was behind us but I saw them look over to him and laugh, then change direction and walk out past him towards Carrefour 🙄

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
thanks for the heads up..... not that I have been to Cite Europe for 10 yrs.... I always drive straight into the port (whichever crossing I use) and shop further out.... tend to diesel top up 10-20km from the port.
Gravelines is a good choice, but often I am heading into Dunkirk from the Low Countries so pop into Bray-Dunes....again thanks for the heads up for others so that they are aware

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
a couple of weeks ago we decided to go to Auchan rather than Cite d'Europe, but as we drove in there was a large group of immigrants under the trees by the entrance. We've a couple of dogs, but parked over the other side close to the Norauto workshops.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We pulled into the motorhome parking for a few minutes on Wednesday evening, we didn't leave the van, there are some trees/bushes to the left hand side of the parking as you enter, we saw several people 'hiding" in said foliage, they kept peeking out to have a look

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We used to use Auchan near Dunkirk but last time we were there I felt very unsafe with lots of people who looked rather untidy around the fuel station. The shop carpark was being patrolled by armed guards.

It's unlikely we will be traveling in Europe anytime in the near future but information is always useful so thanks for the heads up and directions to the Police Station!

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It's now part of the journey in Europe. We've had them under the van in Bilbao, Calais, St Malo etc.
Two even fitted the cradles on the chassis and came back later to climb on.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I feel so sorry for someone who thinks climbing under a Van is his only option in life! I know there are so many arguments & debates about this, but it basically just makes me sad! Thanks to the op for the reminder to check tho! 😔

Peatmoor

Free Member
Aug 19, 2014
Matlock Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Premium Liner
Exp
Since 1986
We parked in cite europe car park yesterday (31-07-20) until about 3.30pm for a couple of hours shopping. After getting fuel I pulled up at the bourne and did my usual checking under the van and visual inspections before driving to the tunnel. I found a young man had wedged himself on top of the rear axle.

I am posting this for information as I feel it is important for other motorhome users who like me enjoy their holidays in France and use cite europe. People should be aware this has happened in the middle of the day. We enjoy shopping at cite europe but for now we will be avoiding the area. I am not interested in anyone's opinions regarding the subject of illegal or legal immigration in general and prefer this thread is used to inform only. thank you

We had the same experience last January. We were parked opposite the immigration office, which is on the other side of the fence from the car park. In broad daylight, we were inside the locked motorhome when an migrant tried all of our locked doors and lockers, and having failed to gain entry to either, he then climbed under the motorhome and onto the back axle. He was seen doing all of this by an immigration officer who eventually cleared him off. We later saw this Migrant trying his luck with another MH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back