Sept 2017
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Will we be OK coming in on the A41 please ?

Weā€™ve never been here before so there really is a route we could take that goes cross country and instead of coming in on the A41 we can go further West via Shrewsbury Oswestry and Wrexham. Adveicr urgently required as weā€™ve passed Worcester!! Thanks

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Will do tell them to come and ask me for them if you would.
Glad your still making Chester one way or another. Xx
The garage rang an hour ago to say they've got the van sorted, hopefully be there by four o clock today !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Will we be OK coming in on the A41 please ?

Weā€™ve never been here before so there really is a route we could take that goes cross country and instead of coming in on the A41 we can go further West via Shrewsbury Oswestry and Wrexham. Adveicr urgently required as weā€™ve passed Worcester!! Thanks
Come in along the A483 past Wrexham and then straight over the A55 towards Chester city centre. Once you get to the racecourse on your left go up to the next roundabout and turn left. Next lights left and then into the racecourse.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
No worries, it was after RedFrame post. Weā€™re on the A41 now. Iā€™m the navigator for a change. I was just wondering if it was worth approaching Chester from further West. We donā€™t exactly have a plane to catch! Iā€™m not worried about getting lost .

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Hi Carol we are waiting for a delivery from Jacksons Leisure which should have arrived yesterday but they forgot to send, so will arrive today. What is the latest we can book in? Might have to change arrival to tomorrow.

Hi just found out Fun can park you up until 9 pm after that you can pill in until 10 on the side and we can park you I. The morning

Hezbez

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Whoosh Bang
Exp
Since 2009
Depending on your approach...

If you're comming in on the M56 and following the advice to stay on it to Deeside and take the A540 into Chester, then you have Deeside service station, current price 62.9, I passed it today and took note exactly for this reason.

Asda in Queensferry, avoid like the plague... It will take you ages to fill up, don't know why but it will, and the exit is not particulary nice.

If you're comming in on the A483, you could try Morrisons at Wrexham showing 57.7, but Morrisons have a non hab gas policy.

The other option on the A483 approach is an Independant garage, Smithy View Service Station, showing 69.9, this is where I fill up, high I know but they're independant and NEVER refuse a MoHo....

Flintshire AutoGas is also an independant option and one I support, but it will place you badly for entry into the Racecourse.

Cheers
Red.
Thanks for the info.

Phoned Flintshire - they are out of gas until next week at the easiest.

Got it no problem at Smithy View, and a nice clear run to the racecourse from there.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I am seldom awake at such an early hour but the racecourse did look pretty in the mist just before sunrise.
IMG_20210827_061148364.jpg

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
All set up at Chester, ready for the eating and drinking to start!!
Sun is in and out like a fiddlers elbow.
Music night tonight. :whistle2: :drink::beerchug:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back