LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
The IBT (Elsan is full), please be patient while we work with the organisers to try to resolve the situation.

Aswel as the porta loos there are "proper" toilets at the shower block.
Not great to see people emptying their cassettes into the portaloos...especially as there's a sign saying the IBT will emptied about 1pm.

Great news about TerryL
Hopefully he's not in too much discomfort.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Have raft, will hitch a ride...

20210829_125257.jpg

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Great news about Terri L
Apologies as i was one who emptied a cassette in a portaloo. The one I used was disgusting, would not have used it for it’s purpose, the holding tank was pretty empty and sluicing in the contents of my casette left it in an almost usable,if desperate, condition.
Not only could i not wait till 1pm for emptying I certainly would be unable to get to the loos at the top in time. TMI possibly but there is a reason we have a van with a loo.
hope you all enjoy the rest of the day, show a bit disappointing but it is the getting away that is important to us..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
We left this morning and I have to admit I did empty my cassette into the portaloo as neatly as I could , I reasoned it's the same process and chemicals.
Sorry.
Anyway thank you Carol and Janine and everybody else who helped and organised.
It was our first rally , we enjoyed it , it will not be our last.

Hezbez

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Whoosh Bang
Exp
Since 2009
Our second day using the
20210829_151725.jpg
48 hour bus tour ticket, plus we did the river cruise which we really enjoyed. Then some good food and cider in the Brewery Tap. As good as the recommendations, and the dog got treated even better than us.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
A update for those at Chester on Terry L you probably seen the
Ambulance he has has a successful operation and hopefully he will be out of hospital tomorrow.
Brenda would like to say thank you to all who have asked how he is and helped.
Funsters have been brilliant..
Just like to add my thanks too to everyone who turned to at "the event" and are looking after Bren and Jamie.
Without getting too gory I lost 2/3 pints of the red stuff very quickly but brilliant staff at the hospital pumped some more back in and brought me round. Now lying (not allowed out of bed yet) extremely bored with pipes sticking in and out. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend more than me! Maybe tomorrow more likely Tuesday.
Once again thanks everyone - it's a great community.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I would say especially to our first time visitors the Food Festival is not as big as usual probably a third of the size, but thankfully the sunshine and the city of Chester has provided a good weekend.
Fingers crossed for more good weather.
For those staying until Tuesday 11am the Very latest please ensure you get any water you need and empty your toilets as they will disappear Monday afternoon when the festival ends.
It is only a special arrangement I made with the Food Festival that Motorhome Fun are allowed to stay until Tuesday.
Thank you everyone and I hope you have enjoyed your weekend.
I have to say thank you for all the help Eddie and I have had from the Marshall's RedFrame Red & Chris. Janine. grumps147 Eddie and Margaret. I really couldn't have done it without your help.

Poodlepower

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
since 1983
My calor gas has just run out. I use 6kg propane and have 2 empty bottles. Can anyone help me out? Had completely forgotten that the mobile caravan man swapped them when he did my gas safety check.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My calor gas has just run out. I use 6kg propane and have 2 empty bottles. Can anyone help me out? Had completely forgotten that the mobile caravan man swapped them when he did my gas safety check.
Which van are you in.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Could you walk over to the Marshall's tent?

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Well second night and most are in bed by 9 30 not sure where the fun bit is lol I may be a bit young for all this.
🤣😂🙃😙😙😙

After getting back from work at 22:30, I hear you had an enjoyable evening tonight, and got to know a few of us...❤

It's well gone 9:30..

I have poured a shot for you both.... If you're still up....

20210830_002151.jpg

If you're not... Then I suppose I'll just have to down them all
otherwise the alcohol will evaporate..

Love always
Red :drinks:

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
:mnythnks:
Carol, Janine & Red frame and anyone else involved, for all the time and hard work that you's put in organising another brilliant weekend. All your effort was much appreciated. You's even managed to to arrange the glorious weather 🌞👍well done. Was great meeting up with friends we hadn't seen for a long time.
Take care everyone and safe travels too you all until we meet up again.
MewnMick

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Still here at Chester but not sure till when but the planning department is still asleep, but it will have to be in time for her to be in work by 6 tonight.
The planned cooked breakfast may be postponed as ate very late in the city centre with friends that stayed in town and I am still fuller than a full thing.
La Fattoria table booked for 9pm think it was at least halfpast when we sat down. The food was excellent and the service great. Pics to follow with luck.
If we woke anyone last night when we stumbled back SORRY 😞 😔
Hope everyone travelling stays safe and not stuck in too much traffic.
Thanks to Carol Janine and RedFrame for their hard work.

Newt

Free Member
Sep 30, 2019
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
🤣😂🙃😙😙😙

After getting back from work at 22:30, I hear you had an enjoyable evening tonight, and got to know a few of us...❤

It's well gone 9:30..

I have poured a shot for you both.... If you're still up....

View attachment 531318

If you're not... Then I suppose I'll just have to down them all
otherwise the alcohol will evaporate..

Love always
Red :drinks:
Thanks for the offer Red, sorry only just seen this but yes we had a great evening thanks. We were up late (2330) so a bit groggy today 😆

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have had a lovely time at Chester, will go and have another look at the Turkish towels suppose if i am dithering I should leave it. Home later today as John has 🏌️‍♂️Tomorrow his last game for the Tuesday club before we are away again. Not relishing the bank holiday traffic though.
has been lovely putting faces to screen names
A massive big thank you to Carol Janine RedFrame and all others who have made this rally so enjoyable.
Glad to hear our neighbour TerryL is on the mend too.
Hope the day brightens up for you all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back