Cheap and easy TV reception in Scotland? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Can it be achieved without resorting to expensive hi-tech solutions, even in the Highlands?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Most places we go we get a signal for Freeview on our directional aerial, remember, Scotland had digital TV long before the rest of the country.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Most places we go we get a signal for Freeview on our directional aerial, remember, Scotland had digital TV long before the rest of the country.
Can you tell me which one you have? Is it an Omni-directional one or does it need 'tuning in' ?
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Vision Plus Directional. Seems to do the trick, though a couple of weeks ago I only got a poor signal in Ayr, due to trees and an adjacent lampost. You would need to be in a really remote glen not to get a signal.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can you tell me which one you have? Is it an Omni-directional one or does it need 'tuning in' ?
Thanks
ALL tv's with a terrestrial aerial need turning to the local mast every time you change location regardless of aerial type/make.
Satellite systems mostly work throughout the UK without retuning as the satellite is in a stationary orbit and the dish points to the same one everywhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back