CD or Cassette player for Pioneer head unit. (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Hi all,

We have a Pioneer avic-evo1-dt2 head unit that does nav, radio and phone, but not cd playing.

It has two usb inputs for media and can take Bluetooth from a smartphone. But, we have tons of music on cd and cassette that we would like to play through it.

Anyone using a good quality portable cd or cassette player into the usb inputs? It could be powered by the usb or 12v socket.

I know I could load the phone with music but being able to play already recorded music would be a bonus.

Thanks

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I've loaded dozens of CDs onto phone but just discovered the music player doesn't recognize some of them so doesn't play them on shuffle ā˜¹ļø
Tech always brings it's own challenges

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I could do that I have hours of music and want to avoid recording stuff again if I can. Otherwise that is a possible solution to music on the go.
How many CD do you have?
A ripper application like dBpoweramp's CD Ripper can rip/copy a CD to MP3 or FLAC much faster then real playback time.
I do a dual rip to lossy MP3 v0 and lossless FLAC in a couple of minutes.

The MP3 are for my iTunes managed iPhone (64GB) / iPad (128GB) and the FLAC for my home hifi's media player.

If your cassettes are important, look for the album on ebay.
musicmagpie & momox_uk are sellers there that often have the old cassettes or vinyl I need as compact disk at less than Ā£3 :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I've loaded dozens of CDs onto phone but just discovered the music player doesn't recognize some of them so doesn't play them on shuffle ā˜¹ļø
Odd.
Is that because they're not tagged (artist, album, track, etc.)?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
In my Motorhome, the iPhone is connected to the head via Bluetooth and a Pure Highway. (y)
The Little Pug runaround is new enough that I can use Carplay & have the iPhone be the music, phone & navigation.

My last car with a CD player was an MX-5 with an upgrade Bose multi-cd thing. Not needed now. :gum:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Wow... The Phillips compact cassette šŸ‘ my dad bought me a Phillips cassette recorder in 1978, I used to connect it to his HMV portable VHF radio via a 5 pin din lead to record the chart show. Not used a cassette for 20+ years. From that I went to minidisc in 1997, never took to CDs at the time because you couldn't put your own stuff on them (I remember the recordable ones though) . Ann bought me an ipod in 2007 and now I have an ipod touch and android phone with music on. šŸ˜Š

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Bite the bullet like we did and go with Spotify, you can go free but we chose the Ā£10 per month option, we have 1000's of tracks and if you want anything new you just search and play, more than worth it, plus you then take your whole music library with you anywhere in the world.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We have free Spotify. Use it a lot but those adsšŸ‘ŽšŸ‘Ž

Too tight to subscribe just yetšŸ˜
The ads on the free version are a blight, but I guess they they have to fund it somehow, plus it keeps the full membership cost down, not being a Tele type person I mostly listen to music in the evening, now winter is almost with us there is nothing like lighting the log burner, cooking dinner, opening a bottle of vino and listening to my music playlists collection, happy days. (y):cool:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Probably Mpeg 4a it's not recognising they work OK in Android 10 onwards.
I had all my CD's ripped and also on an ipod, the ipod died & I started converting them to Mpeg 3 then found out my latest phone could play Mpeg 4a.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Odd.
Is that because they're not tagged (artist, album, track, etc.)?
I'm not sure, the albums are listed under artist in same way as all the others are on the SD card in folders, but some don't appear in the player šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I'll have to travel through the hundreds and try and find out which are affected :mad: and try to resolve

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The other thing with Spotify on the road is it will nibble away at your data and only work if you have a mobile signal.
I checked Amazon music I found it was using up to 65mb an hour.
Been driving most of the day in France with Boom radio on but have a Superdrug Sim with unlimited data in the Mifi.

Deleted User
I checked Amazon music I found it was using up to 65mb an hour.
Been driving most of the day in France with Boom radio on but have a Superdrug Sim with unlimited data in the Mifi.
Yeay, we do the same over there but with Greatest Hits Radio.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
It's cd's all the way for me. I know what I put in the slot and it plays, no adverts, mo extra costs, no fiddling and getting xxxxx with computers thinking that are helping when they are not. No different apps and systems not talking to each other. As for weight, all that extra equipment required, phones, laptops, tables, before having to load up with jackerys, or poweroaks etc how much does a cd weigh šŸ™‚ peace.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
It's cd's all the way for me. I know what I put in the slot and it plays, no adverts, mo extra costs, no fiddling and getting xxxxx with computers thinking that are helping when they are not. No different apps and systems not talking to each other. As for weight, all that extra equipment required, phones, laptops, tables, before having to load up with jackerys, or poweroaks etc how much does a cd weigh šŸ™‚ peace.
I donā€™t have any of the draw backs you describe with my none CD digital music.
I hope you at least can use cd-r to get 11 original CD in the same space of one uncompressed CD.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Apart from DAB radio, I only use Deezer to play music in the van, I can search & find & save any track artist or track, I have hundreds of my favourite tracks saved plus it "suggests" other artists of similar genres that may be of interest to me, and I consequently have discovered many wonderful artists that I would never have discovered otherwise.
The difference in sound quality when playing tracks via Deezer versus Radio is Amazing! I know I have gone over the top with my Audio Hi Fi in the van with a Pioneer AVIC head unit & Apple Carplay with separate Amps & Component Speakers, with active crossovers, but nowadays I will always choose Deezer as a source for decent sound.(y)
Must admit though I am a tight A##e I listen to the adverts rather than pay for the premium membership, after all you have to listen to adverts on regular radio stations, but the enhanced sound quality is worth it.
So my advice to David & Sally is get the Deezer App on your phone, set up an account Free, then spend some time searching out your favourite bands, artists, then save them for life under your "Favourite Tracks" Let "Flow" suggest other artist that may interest you, you will be amazed, just skip the tracks that you dont like, save the ones you do like....simples as they say.(y)
LES

Last edited:

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
The unit has aux in Here so Iā€™d simply rip your cdā€™s to a media player (such as an iPod) and play from there. You need to keep an eye on the file names when you do so to ensure the file names stay compatible. I use dBpower amp Here I rip as Flac and store on a A&K SR15 Here but your head unit will take a USB stick so that may be easier and cheaper.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
The unit also connects to your phone via USB btw.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Any chance of a link please?
This is it:

Amazon product ASIN B07BF52BY7
The phone sat nav instructions come through it, also phone calls and we could even have the tv sound on the stereo if we wanted.
Ann likes TRE radio so when we're camping at home I get that through my phone to it too. Highly recommended šŸ˜

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back