MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
As an update
We have bought the NEW Elddis 175 Prestige Edition 140 Peugeot

All the extras included

Sept 1st delivery on the new plate

Taken on board all the criticisms of the brand and we have our eyes W-I-D-E open, but the value has been compelling

This will be our 4th MoHo in 30 months

Cant wait to get back in the groove

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Cheshirecat57, where did you buy it from. I bought my Prestige 175 from Vehicles4Leisure in Wales. Picket it up on the 4th January 2015 with a 64 plate brand new at a reduced price as they were getting rid of, due to new incoming stock. I assume yours will be a 70 plate?
If you have bought it from V4L is the front part bronze/gold, that used to be their colour but it might have changed..

Flook

Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New to motorhomes, had a camper van before this.
We picked up a new 115 from Glossop Caravans in July, and although we're by no means experts we have had no problems with the quality so far apart from a squeaky panel somewhere under the bench seat. Still investigating that!

Glossop Caravans did a really good PDI and handover, and fixed a couple of things on the spot that may have become niggles later on. These were
1) Fridge door marked - they replaced it before we even got there
2) One cupboard door small blemish - they replaced it when we reported it (it really was a tiny mark)
3) Front Remis blinds, the lower middle bracket was fitted too high causing the blinds to pucker inwards when they were closed. Handover chap John and one of the workshop guys figured out the problem and fixed it.

Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Just read your previous post ahhh. okay, two on tour has it about right. We love the layout, just perfect for two. For night use which is important for us as we get up to go to the loo quite often. So make the beds up in two singles which is easy enough, pull out he base bit you sit on enough to be able to drop the rest straight down and pull out the base support enough to back up the extra width taken up. With both sides done there is enough room to get out and pay that important visit. The only problem for me is this, I do not want to get up in the mornings as I am so comfy, this can be a draw back:cool:. The kitchen side is easy flowing, thereat bathroom is awesome. We don't use the shower as a shower but as an extra storage space, the other have uses the sink while I use the site facilities.

We have not had much issue with the van, no leaks, water gauge is not accurate but I have my own way of ensuring not to overfill. Easy to drive air con is brilliant until the mrs opens her window!! very annoying is that.

Never had a caravan or motorhome before, not even a tent. Sister-inlaw had one and we went to see her and she who must be obeyed liked the idea of have a small home from home and being able to go places etc and return home with ease.

I hope you like your 175 as much as we like ours, despite not being able to go any where this year, but we hope to next, and yes we have been to Chester Oakes, nice camp site.

Flook

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Cheshirecat57, where did you buy it from. I bought my Prestige 175 from Vehicles4Leisure in Wales. Picket it up on the 4th January 2015 with a 64 plate brand new at a reduced price as they were getting rid of, due to new incoming stock. I assume yours will be a 70 plate?
If you have bought it from V4L is the front part bronze/gold, that used to be their colour but it might have changed..

Flook
Pick it up from V4L on Sept 4th on a 70 plate šŸ‘

No its not got a bronze ā€œfaceā€

We are going this Friday to pre-snag it

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Just read your previous post ahhh. okay, two on tour has it about right. We love the layout, just perfect for two. For night use which is important for us as we get up to go to the loo quite often. So make the beds up in two singles which is easy enough, pull out he base bit you sit on enough to be able to drop the rest straight down and pull out the base support enough to back up the extra width taken up. With both sides done there is enough room to get out and pay that important visit. The only problem for me is this, I do not want to get up in the mornings as I am so comfy, this can be a draw back:cool:. The kitchen side is easy flowing, thereat bathroom is awesome. We don't use the shower as a shower but as an extra storage space, the other have uses the sink while I use the site facilities.

We have not had much issue with the van, no leaks, water gauge is not accurate but I have my own way of ensuring not to overfill. Easy to drive air con is brilliant until the mrs opens her window!! very annoying is that.

Never had a caravan or motorhome before, not even a tent. Sister-inlaw had one and we went to see her and she who must be obeyed liked the idea of have a small home from home and being able to go places etc and return home with ease.

I hope you like your 175 as much as we like ours, despite not being able to go any where this year, but we hope to next, and yes we have been to Chester Oakes, nice camp site.

Flook
Have you tried self-calibrating your water level guage?

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Nope, just use the pipe from drain tap, easy and simple. I see the level rise as I fill up. I have just re-read my post. So you may wonder what a pipe and drain tap has to do with the water level. I have found the meter gauge for water level is not accurate. So I used to overfill the water tank, I never liked that method, so I thought about it. The answer is simple really, I bought a length of clear tube to fit over the water drain tap, with the tube in a U position and fitted to the side by a suction pad with hook that can be purchased any where with the open end of the hose up high, with the water tap turned on the water inside the tank will show its level. Just fix to a marked section that you know is short of the hight of the tank and wala you have your immediate visual level as you are filling up. So how do you know the hight of the tank to be able to get this level. Well, with a tape measure go to the side of the van where you would fill up from and extend the tape measure between the tank and side so it hits the bottom of the flooring. Mark off where the bottom of the side of the van is and that is the max hight. Remember, the U hose will be lower than the side of the van and the open end that is not attached to the water drain tap needs to be hire that the top of the tank.
Sounds complicated, but it is nit and you only need to do this the once. Only one snag to which I found is, I fitted the hose and connected to the kook, and started to fill. I was bemused nothing was showing in the hose. It turns out I had forgotten to turn the tap on to allow the water flow. And one more thing, when full turn the water drain tap off before you remove the hose, otherwise water will flow out quite freely, and you may well say OH bugger.

Enjoy your 175, I hope that some day we may meet up at some campsite and swop stories.

Sorry for not replying sooner but went into hospital Tuesday for kidney issues only came out late yesterday.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We have not had much issue with the van, no leaks, water gauge is not accurate but I have my own way of ensuring not to overfill.

Flook our water gauge was way out when we got our van, but I re-calibrated ours which is very easy to do.

Here's a run down of how to do it :-

Ok, I calibrated my fresh water meter using the following method. Our motorhome is a 2013 Elddis Autoquest 175, but I imagine Elddis are likely to use the same or similar control panel across their range.

I wanted to know when the fresh water was likely to run out, so on this basis I wanted a reliable reading at 1/4 full.

Make sure your on fairly flat ground and then drained down the fresh water tank. Don't just chuck the water away, do something useful with it like use it to flush the loo, water the plants or rinse off the motorhome after you have washed it. While it's draining the tank down, prise off the control panel fascia,

calibrate1.jpg

the remove the 6 screws,
calibrate2.jpg

and gently pull the panel away to reveal a printed circuit board that has on it a little blue rectangle with a brass screw head in one corner of it.

calibrate3.jpg

When the tank is empty, shut off the tap (yer, all right you would have done that anyway) and add water to the tank to 1/4 full. Our fresh water tank hold 90 litres so in our case I put 22.5 litres in then have a look and see what the meter reads. In my case it read full against the stop. Now you need a small flat bladed screwdriver that will fit the slot of the brass screw.
If your meter reads high then wind the screw clockwise to bring the meter needle down to the 1/4 mark and you guest it wind the screw anti clockwise if your needle reads low.
Give the van a bit of a wobble and let the needle settle. If your happy with the reading the add more water to half the capacity of your tank and check the meter reading. I our case it was pretty well on the mark for half full. I added water to 3/4 full and the meter was reading slightly low so I noted the reading for future reference. I then filled the remainder of the tank and again it read lower than full and again noted the reading for future reference. If your happy with how the meter reads than carefully push the panel back in place, screw back and clip the fascia back in place.

Make a well earned cup of tea and show the other half how clever you have been.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Flook our water gauge was way out when we got our van, but I re-calibrated ours which is very easy to do.

Ok, I calibrated my fresh water meter using the following method. Our motorhome is a 2013 Elddis Autoquest 175, but I imagine Elddis are likely to use the same or similar control panel across their range.

I wanted to know when the fresh water was likely to run out, so on this basis I wanted a reliable reading at 1/4 full.

Make sure your on fairly flat ground and then drained down the fresh water tank. Don't just chuck the water away, do something useful with it like use it to flush the loo, water the plants or rinse off the motorhome after you have washed it. While it's draining the tank down, prise off the control panel fascia,

calibrate1.jpg

the remove the 6 screws,
calibrate2.jpg

and gently pull the panel away to reveal a printed circuit board that has on it a little blue rectangle with a brass screw head in one corner of it.

calibrate3.jpg

When the tank is empty, shut off the tap (yer, all right you would have done that anyway) and add water to the tank to 1/4 full. Our fresh water tank hold 90 litres so in our case I put 22.5 litres in then have a look and see what the meter reads. In my case it read full against the stop. Now you need a small flat bladed screwdriver that will fit the slot of the brass screw.
If your meter reads high then wind the screw clockwise to bring the meter needle down to the 1/4 mark and you guest it wind the screw anti clockwise if your needle reads low.
Give the van a bit of a wobble and let the needle settle. If your happy with the reading the add more water to half the capacity of your tank and check the meter reading. I our case it was pretty well on the mark for half full. I added water to 3/4 full and the meter was reading slightly low so I noted the reading for future reference. I then filled the remainder of the tank and again it read lower than full and again noted the reading for future reference. If your happy with how the meter reads than carefully push the panel back in place, screw back and clip the fascia back in place.

I did all that too. With ours if It's accurate for low water it's way out when full... Or if you calibrate when full it never shows empty. You can't win, never use it now.

I know we use about 10L a day on average, the tank holds 90L so I always know roughly when we will be getting low.

tommac

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
sold
Exp
Absolute NEWBIE
Congrats on your purchase. We bought an Evolution 175 (2016) last year and love it. Just got back from lovely campsite and counted 6 others. We were not in the mindset to blow 50 or 60k with 2 muddy dogs.
Only complaint so far is noisy water pump. Have fun.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp

calibrate1.jpg

the remove the 6 screws,
calibrate2.jpg

calibrate3.jpg

We have a red light that comes on to show when near empty. However, I find if I fill every other day it takes about 30 litres of water, and on the odd time nearer 40. Also like your 175 and others it is a 90 litre tank. Waste is 45 litre if I recall correctly.

I just did not like the idea of filling up the water tank until the tank over flowed and water came out of the overflow pipe, to me that was bad. But I started off in the first few trips popping into the van to check the fill gauge, however unknown to me the gauge was well out. So now I use the tube method which is so easy when set up, the fill level is shown right there as you fill.

I must try to get out to the van and set it up and do you did, take photo's so you can see what I mean. However, I am under strict orders from her indoors to take it easy for a few days as just came of Kettering General Hospital late yesterday. But will se what I can get away with.

Thanks for your post very informative and helpful, and the pics do explain a lot.

Flook

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
a question for Elddis owners is there room for two leisure batteries in the compartment , I like the latest models and fancy a change

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Be interesting to read if since Hymer took over Elddis whether they have changed any of the build techniques from what went on before the merger/takeover, however you want to call it.
Have fun & enjoy your vans, at the end of the day, thats what its all about.
LES

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
a question for Elddis owners is there room for two leisure batteries in the compartment , I like the latest models and fancy a change

No space for an extra battery in the battery compartment, but plenty of space in behind the PDU/fuse board compartment which is where I have fitted our 220Ah lithium battery, B2B charger and other electrical bits and bobs..

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
I agree with Paul, though I can only speak for the 175 model, cannot comment on the others.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
No chance,, swapped ours for a gel though and there's plenty of power for us, that's with fans running all night and TV on half the night (with Ann usually asleep šŸ˜‚) I never watch.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
New one has a bit of solar, should be enough but will monitor it

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Nope, just use the pipe from drain tap, easy and simple. I see the level rise as I fill up. I have just re-read my post. So you may wonder what a pipe and drain tap has to do with the water level. I have found the meter gauge for water level is not accurate. So I used to overfill the water tank, I never liked that method, so I thought about it. The answer is simple really, I bought a length of clear tube to fit over the water drain tap, with the tube in a U position and fitted to the side by a suction pad with hook that can be purchased any where with the open end of the hose up high, with the water tap turned on the water inside the tank will show its level. Just fix to a marked section that you know is short of the hight of the tank and wala you have your immediate visual level as you are filling up. So how do you know the hight of the tank to be able to get this level. Well, with a tape measure go to the side of the van where you would fill up from and extend the tape measure between the tank and side so it hits the bottom of the flooring. Mark off where the bottom of the side of the van is and that is the max hight. Remember, the U hose will be lower than the side of the van and the open end that is not attached to the water drain tap needs to be hire that the top of the tank.
Sounds complicated, but it is nit and you only need to do this the once. Only one snag to which I found is, I fitted the hose and connected to the kook, and started to fill. I was bemused nothing was showing in the hose. It turns out I had forgotten to turn the tap on to allow the water flow. And one more thing, when full turn the water drain tap off before you remove the hose, otherwise water will flow out quite freely, and you may well say OH bugger.

Enjoy your 175, I hope that some day we may meet up at some campsite and swop stories.

Sorry for not replying sooner but went into hospital Tuesday for kidney issues only came out late yesterday.

I now attach photo's of what I tried to appallingly describe.
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014