LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
A bit further south in Murcia province you will find the driest of all the provinces and the temperatures are just a bit warmer. A few of the members live there & we once did for a short time. Lovely place to be
Don't want to be argumentative but the driest of all the Provinces is in Almeria which is in Andalusia. This is relevant because of the area's, Murcia has been problematic in the past when it comes to Wilding or FLTing.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Don't want to be argumentative but the driest of all the Provinces is in Almeria which is in Andalusia. This is relevant because of the area's, Murcia has been problematic in the past when it comes to Wilding or FLTing.
You may be correct there. The adjacent province & only a short distance away compared to the vast size of Andalucía as a whole. During the 18 months we lived there it definitely rained on as many as 5 days, but not as many as 10, although I wasn't counting & I could sail all winter on the Mar Menor still in shorts & shirt rather than donning a wet suit. People used to winter wild camp on our prom for weeks on end and on nearby parkland, mainly Dutch & German, but I cannot really understand why they do that unless it is solely cost reasons. Getting water & disposal of waste was a real problem & many wild campers used to simply tip it all! There is no wonder the wild camping is being targeted by the authorities, but I understand there are problems as to jurisdiction between National & Local powers resulting in no enforcement being taken very often. I personally only ever stay on campsites so I wouldn't really know the issues.

Feb 27, 2018
Monforte del Cid, Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 463
Exp
Not enough
A bit further south in Murcia province you will find the driest of all the provinces and the temperatures are just a bit warmer. A few of the members live there & we once did for a short time. Lovely place to be
Wasn't that dry for us in September 2019

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_130500.jpg
    IMG_20190915_130500.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 29

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We drove around it a few years ago and that was enough to put us off for life after staying at Bonterra Park!

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Which other site ?
There are 3 others apart from Bonterra
Tauro? We went for a preview visit in Jan 2019 [to escape the imminent Rally at the existing site] and were almost set on a pitch when an existing camper suggested it may not be right for us, claiming that he had been physically assaulted by another visitor in the Bar 2-3 days earlier. No proof, but we decided that we didn't need to take a chance. Moved on to visit Camping Florida and met the very friendly Moroccan [?] owner, who introduced us to his mother and sundry other members of his family, promising that we would have a great time and that he would match the price of the site we were about to leave. It was like a scene from the outtakes of Carry on Camping, totally mad/bonkers in a charming sort of way, and we would probably have taken the pitch, except that the site was almost deserted, and when we walked up through the town, most of the surrounding properties, hotels and cafés etc were also closed, and it was a Day's March to Mercadona! So we resumed the search for a new site the following day and chose Camping Allegeria at Benicarlos. It was an entertaining, if somewhat chaotic weekend, that gave us concerns and laughs injust about equal measure!

Steve & Elaine

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Tauro? We went for a preview visit in Jan 2019 [to escape the imminent Rally at the existing site] and were almost set on a pitch when an existing camper suggested it may not be right for us, claiming that he had been physically assaulted by another visitor in the Bar 2-3 days earlier. No proof, but we decided that we didn't need to take a chance. Moved on to visit Camping Florida and met the very friendly Moroccan [?] owner, who introduced us to his mother and sundry other members of his family, promising that we would have a great time and that he would match the price of the site we were about to leave. It was like a scene from the outtakes of Carry on Camping, totally mad/bonkers in a charming sort of way, and we would probably have taken the pitch, except that the site was almost deserted, and when we walked up through the town, most of the surrounding properties, hotels and cafés etc were also closed, and it was a Day's March to Mercadona! So we resumed the search for a new site the following day and chose Camping Allegeria at Benicarlos. It was an entertaining, if somewhat chaotic weekend, that gave us concerns and laughs injust about equal measure!

Steve & Elaine
Camping Florida is a bit run down
Tauro is certainly better and there is big new Consum supermarket 400 metres from the site
The C&CC held Winter rally’s there until Covid started

Bonterra park used to be reasonably priced but they got greedy and their rates are now extortionate at over €20 euros a night and then they charge you for every kilowatt of electricity.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Tauro is certainly better

Bonterra park used to be reasonably priced but they got greedy and their rates are now extortionate at over €20 euros a night and then they charge you for every kilowatt of electricity.
is this recently as we’ve never been charged €20, I think the most has been €17 for us in 2019/20 and that’s on a fully serviced pitch

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Tauro is certainly better and there is big new Consum supermarket 400 metres from the site

I paid 20 euros last July and the huge amount of 4 euros for leccy in the three weeks we were there in June,July this year.Good value in todays market for an excellent site in a great location.BUSBY.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I paid 20 euros last July and the huge amount of 4 euros for leccy in the three weeks we were there in June,July this year.Good value in todays market for an excellent site in a great location.BUSBY.
I take it you didn’t use much then

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I've just payed €21.5 premium pitch 4kw included and a extra dog which was charged at €1.5 for 14 nights mid December

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We were quoted similar price
Given that 4 kilowatts will barely run a tall fridge for 24 hours
Before you know it you end up with a hefty bill after 2 months
Still cheaper than coastal sites in UK. BUSBY

Tim Forsey

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Newark
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Try Oropesa, used to stay at Bonterra Park but found Oropesa and much prefer, Bravo Playa is a top site and ACSI but there is Didota and Torre de la Sal also all direct access onto coast walk and beaches, all facilities but a lot of the main tourist area restaurants close for winter, but still great for walking, cycling.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Rubbish! We’re paying £8 a night in Devon, with a sea view.

you can’t compare Leddon Farm with Bonterra, according to their facilities they list good tv reception and a shop.

Whereas Bonterra has lovely immaculately clean toilet/shower blocks, indoor and outdoor pools, restaurant with excellent food and a fabulous bar.

Then theirs serviced pitches with hard standing, water, waste and ehu.

Washing facilities even for your dogs as well as clothes

compare a like for like site in the UK and I think you’ll be paying £40-50+ depending on location 😉

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2012
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For over 50 years
Bonterra Park is good. Also try Almafra in Benidorm and there is a UK organised rally there over this coming winter. Good cycling.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Rubbish! We’re paying £8 a night in Devon, with a sea view.

With two pools,bar restaurant,gym, and of course 10 months of sunshine? Can get what they are offering free opposite the beach just 10 miles along the coast from bonterra Park,, Plus sunshine most of the year.
.BUSBY.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
you can’t compare Leddon Farm with Bonterra, according to their facilities they list good tv reception and a shop.

Whereas Bonterra has lovely immaculately clean toilet/shower blocks, indoor and outdoor pools, restaurant with excellent food and a fabulous bar.

Then theirs serviced pitches with hard standing, water, waste and ehu.

Washing facilities even for your dogs as well as clothes

compare a like for like site in the UK and I think you’ll be paying £40-50+ depending on location 😉
I don’t think one is necessarily better than the other, just different.

Deleted User
Yes but apart from the great campsites, swimming pools, sunshine, wine, food, local markets, beaches, Mediterranean sea, mountains, plains, architecture, history, welcoming and cheaper fuel what have the Spanish done for us?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back