Bonterra park, Benicassim (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all, considering this site for 3 weeks in January next year.
Anyone got an opinion on it and what the weather may be like around there in January or are we better heading further south towards Beni or Malaga?
Many thanks

Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Stayed there about 4years ago end of January for 2weeks weather could of been better. Decent place to stay but was glad to head south in the end.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
We really like this site but only ever been in September when everything is still open, beach bars and what have you. Then travel south where you'll find its warmer weather, not sure i'd want to stay there in January but i've no doubt a few will tbh.

Its a very popular site tbh and does get booked up, last year and possibly this year, was/will be, possibly completely different to the pre-covid year where it was pretty full

Good luck with your travels, Al

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Hi all, considering this site for 3 weeks in January next year.
Anyone got an opinion on it and what the weather may be like around there in January or are we better heading further south towards Beni or Malaga?
Many thanks
A good site and well located for the local amenities but a bit pricy and metered elecectricity , camping Tauro which is also in Benicassim is about 2km away is better value for money with unlimited 10amp on standard pitches and 16 amp on Gold pitches

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
We have stayed at this site for several winters but usually from mid February onwards, it's warmer further south in early January.
Just a word of warning, don't expect to just turn up to this site and get a pitch for 3 weeks, they get fully booked regularly in the winter by repeat visitors (like us). They have excellent staff who will respond quickly to your email enquiry so strongly recommend you book in advance (deposit only required to reserve a pitch) if that suits your holiday style.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
A good site and well located for the locals amenities but a bit pricy and metered elecectricity , camping Tauro which is also in Benicassim is about 2km away is better value for money with unlimited 10amp on standard pitches and 16 amp on Gold pitches
We cycled down to Tauro last September to see how it compared to Bonterra Park, maybe we saw it at its worst i'd say because it was almost empty but tbh we will never stay at Tauro.

It looked like a bomb had gone off, everywhere was just a mess, really old looking vans which looked like they'd been there years and looked very untidy, even scruffy.

Just our opinion though so take a look for yourself before deciding, i'd rather pay the extra for a nicer site tbh ;)

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Oh right, that’s worth knowing, thanks Neil. We chose Bonterra as our 1st site cos 1. We could reach it after 1 overnighter from Santander and 2. Its bookable with the C&MC and if its booked as a package with the ferry then (apparently) ‘package regulations’ kick in and they give a full refund in the event of travel restrictions due to Covid.
We’re quite new to Snowbird adventures having only experienced Villasol in Beni once in Jan.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
We stayed there when it was a C&CC winter sun site. It's handy for town and bang next to a couple of big Supermarkets Mercadona and Lidl. Some of the pitches are awkward shapes, and there's a cliché long term group. But the weather is pretty good. I've got the other Bennicasim site booked for January and February so I'll do a compare. I've tried Benidorm at the Alicante Imperium (Never Again) and Bella Vista Down in Duquesa (Several times) very nice but expensive. We go every year (except 2021) for the last 20 years and keep going back to Playa Tropicana. The weather is always better further south on the Mediterranean side. But Bennicasim is fine.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
We have stayed at this site for several winters but usually from mid February onwards, it's warmer further south in early January.
Just a word of warning, don't expect to just turn up to this site and get a pitch for 3 weeks, they get fully booked regularly in the winter by repeat visitors (like us). They have excellent staff who will respond quickly to your email enquiry so strongly recommend you book in advance (deposit only required to reserve a pitch) if that suits your holiday style.
Thanks Kups. See my reply to Neil about why we thought of Bonterra.
its exciting just pondering and planning a winter trip next year!!

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Oh right, that’s worth knowing, thanks Neil. We chose Bonterra as our 1st site cos 1. We could reach it after 1 overnighter from Santander and 2. Its bookable with the C&MC and if its booked as a package with the ferry then (apparently) ‘package regulations’ kick in and they give a full refund in the event of travel restrictions due to Covid.
We’re quite new to Snowbird adventures having only experienced Villasol in Beni once in Jan.
Only my opinion, but i'd rather stay at Villasol in january, mainly because it will be warmer and the town will be open so plenty to do

just my 2 penneth

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Having been there a few times when tugging and being a nerd I can tell you that in Jan/Feb if its a good day it might get to 22. If its wet and cloudy and the wind is coming in the wrong direction it will stagger to 8degs??

And, tugging and leaving on the French Spanish border near Irun, its doable in a day 8 1/2hrs.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We stayed there when it was a C&CC winter sun site. It's handy for town and bang next to a couple of big Supermarkets Mercadona and Lidl. Some of the pitches are awkward shapes, and there's a cliché long term group. But the weather is pretty good. I've got the other Bennicasim site booked for January and February so I'll do a compare. I've tried Benidorm at the Alicante Imperium (Never Again) and Bella Vista Down in Duquesa (Several times) very nice but expensive. We go every year (except 2021) for the last 20 years and keep going back to Playa Tropicana. The weather is always better further south on the Mediterranean side. But Bennicasim is fine.
Stayed at Alicante Imperium twice for a few weeks and found it okay and the town Villajoyosa where it is situated. Have stayed at Bonterra a few times and it’s okay but I would avoid the other one down the road which is Azahar which is not good.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
We cycled down to Tauro last September to see how it compared to Bonterra Park, maybe we saw it at its worst i'd say because it was almost empty but tbh we will never stay at Tauro.

It looked like a bomb had gone off, everywhere was just a mess, really old looking vans which looked like they'd been there years and looked very untidy, even scruffy.

Just our opinion though so take a look for yourself before deciding, i'd rather pay the extra for a nicer site tbh ;)
Are you sure your not mistaking it with the site next door camping Florida
Which has many permanent vans
Camping Tauro has brand new toilet block and the second one has been renovated this year .
The C&CC held winter rally’s there until recently and there were many good reviews
Bonterra on the other hand charges high pitch prices and extra for electricity

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Are you sure your not mistaking it with the site next door camping Florida
Which has many permanent vans
Camping Tauro has brand new toilet block and the second one has been renovated this year .
The C&CC held winter rally’s there until recently and there were many good reviews
Bonterra on the other hand charges high pitch prices and extra for electricity
well it said Tauro as we went in, and in we went, all the way to the bottom and back out again.
The toilet block did look ok btw, shame the rest of the site didn’t 😟

I know Bonterra is more expensive but from what we saw it’s a no brainer to me

As I say it’s just my opinion 😉

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
well it said Tauro as we went in, and in we went, all the way to the bottom and back out again.

Yes we did the same visitng friends who were staying on Tauro. Nowhere near a supermarket and hemmed in by other residential, pitches not as good as Bonterra.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks Kups. See my reply to Neil about why we thought of Bonterra.
its exciting just pondering and planning a winter trip next year!!
Well don't leave it too long if you want to stay on a campsite rather than take your chance on an aire or wild camping. Fortunately we've managed to carry over our winter 2021 bookings to the same dates in '22. There's so much frustrated demand that I expect pitches to be reserved earlier than previous years.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Another vote for Bonterra. No permanent pitches allowed so avoids that shanty town look. Handy for town, supermarkets, beach promenade. Very popular so would say advance booking essential. Slightly more expensive than other sites in town but you get what you pay for. Yes can be a bit cliquè (spelling?) but dont let that bother you. Plenty of nice people there. Weather not as warm as Benidorm but still pleasant.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Yes we did the same visitng friends who were staying on Tauro. Nowhere near a supermarket and hemmed in by other residential, pitches not as good as Bonterra.
Depends what you class as near
The new Consum is 2 min on your bike or 7-8 minutes walk away

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I reckon Bonterra is one of the best sites I have been on in Spain.Been twice whilst Covid has been on and could not fault their organisation and cleanliness during this pandemic.Excellent showers and toilets,decent sized pitches,good bar and restaurant and the covered pool is decent.Nice town.Good choice. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
New Consom supermarket close by.BUSBY.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Augusta08, theres' some good advice there. In light of your and other comments maybe we'll consider just a week or so at Beninicasim as a 1st stop from Santander then head further south for a longer duration (we've only got 6 weeks). We'll have a look at Bella Vista and Playa Tropicana. Thanks

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Having been there a few times when tugging and being a nerd I can tell you that in Jan/Feb if its a good day it might get to 22. If its wet and cloudy and the wind is coming in the wrong direction it will stagger to 8degs??

And, tugging and leaving on the French Spanish border near Irun, its doable in a day 8 1/2hrs.
Thanks, sounds a bit like a British summer but with Sangria! The travel estimate is useful.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009

I suppose it's a case of personal preference and cost. Thanks both

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
I reckon Bonterra is one of the best sites I have been on in Spain.Been twice whilst Covid has been on and could not fault their organisation and cleanliness during this pandemic.Excellent showers and toilets,decent sized pitches,good bar and restaurant and the covered pool is decent.Nice town.Good choice. BUSBY.
Thanks, it's beginning to look favourable.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Stayed at Alicante Imperium twice for a few weeks and found it okay and the town Villajoyosa where it is situated. Have stayed at Bonterra a few times and it’s okay but I would avoid the other one down the road which is Azahar which is not good.
I would also second Alicante Imperium. OK the sea is more than at the end of the street but Villajoyosa is a lovely town.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I like the area around there but prefer Grau. We usually stay on the Aire at Grau https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/markerMobile.php?id=25862

From Benicassim to Grau there's a decent cycle path. Grau is definitely worth a visit, there's a good market on a Friday morning and we love getting a coffee in one of the bars and restaurants in the marina.

We've stayed on Playa Tropicana several times but it's north of Benicassim, so no warmer. You do have to go further south for warmer weather. We've stayed here a few times and it's definitely warmer in this area.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
We stayed at Camping Monmar at Moncofa [about 45 miles down the coast from Bonterra Park; and then moved to Camping Allegria at Benicarlo. Monmar is nice BUT the Xmas Rally with enforced Santa jollity encouraged us to move on to Allegria.The latter has a 'super pitch' section with gated access to the beach walk into Benicarlo. Quite delightful if you can cope with geritric German roadtrains of electric bikes. The Germans just cannot grasp that the cycle lane is on the road, so diplomatic incidents were sparked on a few occasions ...

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back