Beware. Mugged In Beni !!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Last night at 11:30 returning alone on the road to Camping Villasol from up by The Tropical I was mugged by a pair of well dressed young 'North African' gentlemen, fortunately I do not carry my wallet, do not wear bling and have both a cheap watch and phone, so the b******s left empty handed.
A bit further on and around the corner on the campsite perimeter footpath, I used my phone to call the police and was just beginning to explain what happened when one of my new found mates rushed me from behind snatched the phone and threw it onto the waste ground across the road, he chucked it a fair old way and I have not been able to find it and it is dead to the world when called. (Another order for Cubot pending)
The plod arrived very quickly but there was not a lot they could do, other than register the incident and ask me to report to the main Police station in the morning, which I did earlier today.

I have now calmed down, the sun is shining and I'm about to go out and drown my sorrows with some Funsters on the Terrace.

Be careful out there folks.

Cheers
Ed

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Just think yourself lucky that you were mugged in Benidorm. If that had been in the UK you would have been stabbed as well :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry to read this but Icant quite make sense of your post. If they didn't take anything why would you be calling the police, perhaps I have misread your post.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sorry to read this Eddie, no matter that they got nothing understandably you must have been quite shook up
Hope your feeling ok today.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry to hear about that.

Glad you weren't hurt(y)

I guess the answer these days in most places is try not to walk alone at night.

OP
OP
Sheddy
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry to read this but Icant quite make sense of your post. If they didn't take anything why would you be calling the police, perhaps I have misread your post.
Perhaps I have also misread your own post, but what part of being held in restraint by one person while the other frisks your body for valuables and threatens you is normal and shouldn't be notified to the police, they tried to rob me and probably would have tried other folks walking down the road later.
Cheers
Ed

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Really sorry to hear this Ed. As you know @JockandRita happened upon a mugging in the same place last week.

Hope you’re feeling a bit calmer today - and of course you should have reported it to the police.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Perhaps I have also misread your own post, but what part of being held in restraint by one person while the other frisks your body for valuables and threatens you is normal and shouldn't be notified to the police, they tried to rob me and probably would have tried other folks walking down the road later.
Cheers
Ed
Thanks for giving me a more detailed account of what happens and I now understand why you called the plod. In your initial post you did not say you were being accosted. I'm glad you came to no harm.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
As I said to you this morning Ed, I'm just pleased that you weren't injured at all. (y)

As for reporting the incident, I would have taken the very same action.

Really sorry to hear this Ed. As you know @JockandRita happened upon a mugging in the same place last week.
It was 2-3 weeks ago now Geraldine, and was all over by the time we arrived on the scene, whereupon the youngish Brit chap was being assisted by an elderly man who heard the shouts, and came running back to assist.
The young Brit was robbed of €30, and had his hand slashed. We all took him back to reception, where the night security chap came out to clean and dress the wound. I advised the lad to report the incident to the Police, but he wasn't keen. :(

Seconds prior to our arrival on the scene, Rita heard voices in the bushes at the bottom of "windy hill", which had us on immediate alert from then on. We can only suspect that they were the voices of the robbers thieving barstewards.

Regards,

Jock. :)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Glad your ok Ed and that you weren't hurt, not a pleasant thing to happen

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Glad you escaped unscathed ED,,,you deserve your beer tonight,,BUSBY..

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
That sounds awful. Good to hear you weren't hurt but it must've been very frightening. I've just rang mum and told her to be alert as she's in Beni now.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hello Eddie , Im sorry to hear about this incident but at least you weren't hurt it could have been so different. I hope you get over it quickly and Shirley is OK, sooner or later those two guys will get their comeuppance .
I will buy you a pint next time we meet up stay safe and don't let it upset you . Mike and Tina.:cool:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Worrying and concerning, if they aren’t making much from their attempts they are going to try harder with more violence, just glad your unscathed Ed.
As for the why are you reporting it, enough said, the likes etc. cover those comments nicely.

Pamelaaar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2009
The Tropical Bar, Benidorm.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Glad you weren’t hurt Ed. Brian says he has a Cubot phone that hasn’t been used very much at all. ( he couldn’t get on with it). He says you can have it if you want. Save you getting a new one. Love to you and Shirley x x x

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to hear of your horrible experience Eddy, how frightening. I'm glad there's no lasting physical damage.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Glad you’re ok Eddie, being accosted and outnumbered must be frightening, glad you reported it as it might save someone’s life as police will hopefully patrol the area.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back