Rally . Autumn at Avon Bank Sunday 27th Sept. to Thurs. 1st Oct. 2020 (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Big thanks to Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Teresa for all their hard work in running this “Temporary Campsite”
The weather was kind to us except for yesterday afternoon but it was nice to have the sun back this morning so we could pack up in the dry.
Back home now, Motorhome emptied and put in storage but hope to get out again this month if the weather is kind.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks to Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Teresa for their organisations, raffles, quizzes and much more, a lovely few days at Avonbank and a few new faces to remember for the next time. Sunny back at home so washing in, hopefully it will be breezy enough to dry it,.
Thanks again (y) :h:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Big thankyou to Derek and Mary. Malcolmand Theresa for persevering with this rally..it has been great to meet up with old friends some who I haven't seen for such a long time. Thanks also to Geraldine and Janine for the music it's been a lovely few days.. great weather great company can't wait to return in fact haven't left yet as am staying on the cl for a few more days. Love this place 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Back home. Thanks to everyone who made our 'temporary campsite' so great especially the Marshals, Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Teresa. Also thanks for the entertainment from Geraldine, Cliff, Janine and John.
It has been a lovely relaxed few days, and it worked perfectly with Covid 19.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well done both. Derek, did any of my made up capitals come close to the real names? :rofl:

What can I say?

The only 'bloomer' I could find was when you renamed the Capital of Kosovo 'Puristan' when the name you were looking for was Pristina.

That was excusable.

More so than others.

For those not attending, we asked for the Capital cities when the consantants were turned the wrong way around and the vowels were missing.
Thus LONDON Was NDNL, OK?
So, one of the questions was, SL, AND we told the assembled masses that 2 vowels were missing.
How more than one entrant put SOEUL is a mystery.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
What can I say?

The only 'bloomer' I could find was when you renamed the Capital of Kosovo 'Puristan' when the name you were looking for was Pristina.

That was excusable.

More so than others.

For those not attending, we asked for the Capital cities when the consantants were turned the wrong way around and the vowels were missing.
Thus LONDON Was NDNL, OK?
So, one of the questions was, SL, AND we told the assembled masses that 2 vowels were missing.
How more than one entrant put SOEUL is a mystery.

So close! What was the two word one?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Mary and I would like to thank all the attendees to the Hokey Cokey Temporary Campsite at Avon Bank.
Your persistence in ensuring you went there is a credit to you all.
We would also like to thank you for your social distancing, especially on Sunday when that North wind was threatening to cut everyone in two and the temptation to cuddle together was great.
Thank you one and all and see you on some sort of event, next year. Keep safe.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
In case any of you didn't get to the park in Pershore I would like to share this stunning sculpture made from horse shoes . ..it is so beautiful and appropriate ❤️

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Hopefully photos will upload soon lol😂

Attachments

• IMG_20201001_131114867.jpg
    IMG_20201001_131114867.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20201001_131205593.jpg
    IMG_20201001_131205593.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 37
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Would just like to say a big thank you to Derek Mary Malcolm and Teresa for organising such a lovely get together at Avon Bank we had a Fab!! time (thanks again for our winnings didn't know what to expect when we heard you singing Merry Christmas when I opened the door lol) Thank you to the lovely Geraldine and Janine for the brilliant entertainment with special guest spots from Cliff and Dave and thanks to Polly and Irene for the lovely strawberry shots😜 Mrs Julio did us all proud again with her keep fit sessions well done ladies 👏it was so nice to have a catch up with old funsters and meet lots of new ones sorry we didn't get to say goodbye to everyone this morning hope to see you all next year
Stay safe
Diane Dave Daisy & Dexter xx

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
A big thank you to Derek and the team for their sterling work. Geraldine, Janine, Dave for entertaining us, plus the guest appearance of Benny Hill, AKA Cliff. Another great weekend enjoyed by all.
Stay safe every one.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
A big thanks from the resident duck. Sorry that I wasn’t as sociable as usual but I did a lucretia Borgia on myself and kept away in case it was a bug. It wasn’t, and my malt supply is safe😉

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hopefully photos will upload soon lol😂
Hilary what a beautiful memorial. We’ve been to Pershore many many times and have never seen it!

It was lovely to meet up with you again. Hopefully when this rubbish time is over, we can all get back to ‘normal’ (whatever that will be) and get together in a marquee somewhere! xx

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Home now .good meet pop up whatever just like to thank Derek Mary Malcolm Teresa great organisation
well done to all singers musicians it was brill we loved it especially Ernie could of listened to that all day.
Well done everybody .

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning All,

Mary and I are finally home after 'Autumn at Avon Bank".

We hope you all had an enjoyable time, I know we did.

I am very pleased to announce that, later today, I will be sending off a Cheque in the sum of £270 to Prostate Cancer UK. Well done!

I know they will be very appreciative in these difficult times.

Once again, Thank you.

Kindest Regards

Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Teresa aka Emmit and Damelza

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning All,

Mary and I are finally home after 'Autumn at Avon Bank".

We hope you all had an enjoyable time, I know we did.

I am very pleased to announce that, later today, I will be sending off a Cheque in the sum of £270 to Prostate Cancer UK. Well done!

I know they will be very appreciative in these difficult times.

Once again, Thank you.

Kindest Regards

Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Teresa aka Emmit and Damelza

Ahm?

We have just 'found' another £30 that was donated as we were leaving, so, as a result of me not sending that cheque off yet, the revised total will be £300.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good morning all,

The postie has just been and delivered a letter in receipt of the money raised at Avon Bank during the Autumn "Temporary Campsite"
To all those who contributed to that magnificent sum, give yourselves a round of applause and bask in our thanks.
In addition, could I give a heartfelt thanks to welshcake lady for sending me a cheque to go to PCUK which they raised by making and selling anti COVID masks. Chris and Jeff, I salute you.
IMG_20201105_094832.jpg

Derek and Mary aka Emmit

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Well done , it was a brilliant rally thank you. Glad you raised so much for a great cause.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
what a great personal thank you

Join us or log in to post a reply.