Rally . Autumn at Avon Bank Sunday 27th Sept. to Thurs. 1st Oct. 2020 (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi John,

You are welcome to join us.
Give me a minute and I'll update this post with what to do etc.

Regards
Derek

Hi John W

By Bank Transfer pay £51.00 into the below account;
Full Payment IS NOW Required;
Details of Transfer are as follows; Sort Code;40-47-63 Account No.18593930. in the name(s) D and M Booth.

Click on this link.
COVID19 and MotorhomeFun Rallies – MotorhomeFun Support
Half way down the page, a paragraph after the photo is a blue "Fill in Form" Click on the Blue words and it will open a 'Track and Trace Form that needs to be filled in for each occupant in the 'van. (That Form goes to the Owner of MHF and is kept for a month just like a Restaurant)

Now go to the 'Rally Planning Forum (Its immediately above 'Scheduled Rallies)
There you will find a Thread "Rallies=Temporary Campsites, again started by Jim.

On the front page, again in Blue are the words 'Risk Assessment', Click on that and make yourself fully conversant with the risks associated with coming to the Event.

After all that, come back on here and tell me you've done it all. I also want from you, the occupants of the 'van and the Reg. No. of the Van.

I will put you on the list of attendees but I wont put your entry in Reg. No. order because, quite frankly, if I did, I would lose the will to live!!!

Off you go.

Regards

Derek

Last edited:

John W

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2020
Caterham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Viseo
Exp
3 years
Hi Derek forms completed and payment made conversant with risk assessment,
Reg no MX66FMA
Our names John & Brenda Worth
Looking forward to meeting
Best Wishes John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi John,

All Done, You're on the List.

Welcome to the Rally. See you there.

Regards

Derek

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Hi Emmit, we will already be on site as we are on the previous rally, do we need to leave the site on Sunday ?
Many thanks

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Emmit, we will already be on site as we are on the previous rally, do we need to leave the site on Sunday ?
Many thanks

Hi Roy,
You will not be on your own on this one. I understand there will be others on the field on Sunday.
We will also be there although not on the previous event.
I will seek guidance from John, the owner of Avon Bank and he will advise accordingly. He will want, (no doubt,) to cut the grass before the Fun Rally.

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Can I ask ref directions into this site..
Is it from Wyre piddle village, turning at the pub into Church st and then following the lane and enter at the boat yard.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Exactly right.

The Pub is shut, (Piesse of Piddle) and the signs for it may have been taken down.

However, for all other Funsters attending the rally.
Ignore the dire warnings posted at the entrance to the village about Sat Navs. being wrong. Might I suggest that you put Church Street, Wyre Piddle into your machine and it should take you, as Tonka has said, to 'The Pub' and get you to turn SHARP RIGHT at this point. Outside the pub is an ancient stone cross. Once you are in Church Street, the road becomes Mill Lane and, after two bends, the sign for Avon Bank is on the right with the boatyard and a Funster flag attached to the gate on the left.

I go to the junction in the village before the rallies run at Avon Bank and put a sign up at the place where the Cross is but some local seems to take exception to this and takes it down. Whether that is before the rally or after the attendees have got there, I don't know as I'm too busy booking folks in.
If you have any probs, please do not hesitate to give me a ring. The No. is 07851643026.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Can I ask ref directions into this site..
Is it from Wyre piddle village, turning at the pub into Church st and then following the lane and enter at the boat yard.
If you have a great big gold coloured burster it may not fit through the village. If it's more waterproof than your auto trail, best if you row it down the river :rofl: :rofl:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Polly as navigator do we turn sharp right at pub or carry straight o

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Shared route
From 2-6 Worcester Rd to Mill Ln via Church St and Mill Ln.

2 min (0.4 mi)
2 min in current traffic

1. Head south-east on Worcester Rd
2. Turn right to stay on Worcester Rd
3. Turn right onto Church St
4. Arrive at location: Mill Ln
For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/Rz8Jw5f4U6Rkzbec6

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Polly as navigator do we turn sharp right at pub or carry straight o
Turn sharp right, it's almost back on yourself, you will see the stone cross at the junction, turn right in front of it. Down on the right are some thatched cottages, black and white exteriors, just keep going, downhill to the left, with care as its a blind bend and narrow. The boatyard is on the left, just drive through that, slowly.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Great to be meeting up with fellow funsters. Even at a distance. Few chats since arriving yesterday. Weather fantastic but went a bit chilly as expected so no late night sit outs. They even parked me in the special Burstner corner 😁👍 few pics as I know some like to see them. IMG_20200927_182442.jpgIMG_20200927_182217.jpgIMG_20200927_182314.jpgIMG_20200927_182217.jpgIMG_20200927_193452.jpg

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
should have been there but I'm grounded, Takes me bake to teenage days except no grandparent to 'visit' when my Dad stopped me going out ( regular occurrence as I had the most unreliable watch in the world as it seemed to stop at 8pm regularly)

Have a wonderful time

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
should have been there but I'm grounded, Takes me bake to teenage days except no grandparent to 'visit' when my Dad stopped me going out ( regular occurrence as I had the most unreliable watch in the world as it seemed to stop at 8pm regularly)

Have a wonderful time
It is nice here. Cold in the morning but a lovely day. We miss you*

*but taking lessons on aiming for accurately 😋

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Great to be meeting up with fellow funsters. Even at a distance. Few chats since arriving yesterday. Weather fantastic but went a bit chilly as expected so no late night sit outs. They even parked me in the special Burstner corner 😁👍 few pics as I know some like to see them. View attachment 428525View attachment 428527View attachment 428528View attachment 428529View attachment 428530
I’m worried about the special Burstner corner, Steve, there is a real danger of my Le Voyageur catching the dreaded Burstneritis disease.......😉

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just a note to Funsters at Wyre Piddle. There were a few folk who's fridges tried to go from electric to gas last night.
This was caused by others using electric to heat their vans.
The site cannot accommodate a large overload of of 'lekky users.

Could I suggest that All Funsters use gas for fridges. This, I hope will alleviate the chopping and changing of utilities on the fridge.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just a note to Funsters at Wyre Piddle. There were a few folk who's fridges tried to go from electric to gas last night.
This was caused by others using electric to heat their vans.
The site cannot accommodate a large overload of of 'lekky users.

Could I suggest that All Funsters use gas for fridges. This, I hope will alleviate the chopping and changing of utilities on the fridge.
Yep, I had that problem a couple of years ago when staying on the CL (and the rally field was empty at the time). Phoned the dealer for advice and service manager promptly said it was “lumpy“ electricity that Dometic fridges don’t like. Heating on gas only and fridge works fine

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It’s such a lovely spot. I didn’t join the keep fit this morning as Nick and I wanted to get cracking on the Five Bridges walk. We are now sat down in The Angel about to start on their £15 three course lunch special , I will report back!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
It’s such a lovely spot. I didn’t join the keep fit this morning as Nick and I wanted to get cracking on the Five Bridges walk. We are now sat down in The Angel about to start on their £15 three course lunch special , I will report back!
You will definitely have to join us tomorrow! 😂

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Fantastic value, Thai fish cake, Mushroom tagliatelle followed by creme brûlée for me. Pork rillet, cottage pie and creme brûlée for Nick.

Slightly marred by the drunk old couple slobbering over one another. I now know that of their three children she doesn’t worry about Tom who has been ill, nor Sam who is happily married but if anything happened to Hannah she doesn’t think she could go on!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Fantastic value, Thai fish cake, Mushroom tagliatelle followed by creme brûlée for me. Pork rillet, cottage pie and creme brûlée for Nick.

Slightly marred by the drunk old couple slobbering over one another. I now know that of their three children she doesn’t worry about Tom who has been ill, nor Sam who is happily married but if anything happened to Hannah she doesn’t think she could go on!
That’ll be Bob and Sally Wilkinson, they do have a tendency to over indulge, Tom had a touch of the Delhi’s, Sam is ok but Hannah, well she is a worry, but I’ll mention you were asking after them.:giggle:(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back