Rally . Autumn at Avon Bank Sunday 27th Sept. to Thurs. 1st Oct. 2020 (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It is raining if that is any consolation

Stop trying to make them feel better. Tell the truth..
It rained about 9pm when everyone had gone back to their vans. It lasted 10 mins and not enough to fill a Thetford cassette.

Another glorious day here so once again an opportunity to sit out chat and drink 👍😁

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Stop trying to make them feel better. Tell the truth..
It rained about 9pm when everyone had gone back to their vans. It lasted 10 mins and not enough to fill a Thetford cassette.

Another glorious day here so once again an opportunity to sit out chat and drink 👍😁
Well, it was certainly raining into my Thetford most of the night. Something I ate violently disagreed with me. Finally felt safe enough to crawl into bed about 0500........ I blame the cook. Oh, hang on a minute....:blush:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Well, it was certainly raining into my Thetford most of the night. Something I ate violently disagreed with me. Finally felt safe enough to crawl into bed about 0500........ I blame the cook. Oh, hang on a minute....:blush:
Well I hope you are self-isolating now!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Music afternoon has started.

Attachments

• IMG_20200929_145146.jpg
    IMG_20200929_145146.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 50

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
At this afternoon's Jam in the beautiful sunshine of Avon Meadow Caravan Site a new song was dedicated to alvinlee01 courtesy of Geraldine and Janine.
Hope he likes it and managed to find a replacement. No offence, it all part of being a Funster.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Could I thank all the 'troubadours' (in the form of Geraldine and Clif, aka cliffandger and Janine) for providing the entertainment this afternoon.
I would also like to thank Cecil b de mille aka JaG for recording the event for posterity and providing proof that the assembled masses were spread thinner than a British Rail buffet sandwich thus not breaking Covid guidelines.
If I've omitted anyone else I apologise. I was otherwise engaged looking after the chocs and booze that comprised 90% of the Raffle prizes.
When I said, 'please provide a prize you would like to win yourself' I didn't mean for you all to take me literally!!!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Home now - travelled through rain, and its continuing now were home.

Just wanted to say what a brilliant end to an otherwise weird season for us all. We, as usual, made new friends as well as catching up with old ones.

Thanks to my Ukey mentor and mate Janine. We’ve never played together as a duo, but I think we did our bit to brighten up an already sunny afternoon (did anyone else think, like me, that it was Sunday all day yesterday? 🥴 (not sure if that’s the right emoji, but couldn’t find one that signified a befuddled brain.....) It had nothing to do with toledo Polly’s strawberry liquor by the way, I only had one!

I loved the sound of your Uke Janine, and it’s only the fact that I would have to learn all new chords that stop me from adding a Baritone to my (already) large collection of little instruments! :rofl:

Thanks also to my keep fit ladies - I didn’t think we’d ever get any more than three (including me!), but we had a good turn out every day. As you can see I’ve given you the link to Handsome Julio, so you can carry on while you’re at home girls.

The company was good. The organisation (as usual) was faultless, thanks to Emmit Derek and Mary and Damelza Teresa and Malcolm, and even though I won nothing at the raffle AGAIN, Mary ensured that non of us went home empty handed. I ate my After Eight’s after 8 and felt sick by 10.

Thank you to all, and I really hope that some of us can meet up in Spain, or in a field somewhere in 2021. xx

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The winners of the'CAPITALS' quiz were daveandsan and carolyn.
Congratulations! Hic!
I must confess that credit goes to Nick for most of them. He has far more patience than me. He will be drinking the wine as well.
Thank you for another lovely visit to Avon bank. Haven’t we been lucky with the weather.
Grateful thanks to Theresa and Malcolm for the loan of their chocks, helped with shower drainage no end.

Merry Christmas (we are celebrating in 3 weeks) and see you next year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back