Attention CAMC members (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Companies often give special deals that are unavailable to existing customers.
For years all my insurers have given me a price cut only when I've threatened to take up a better quote from elsewhere.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Just been on online chat and said I'd heard renewers were receiving a free site night voucher and I wanted to claim mine. No quibbling from them, was told they'd post one out to me.
What with this and the heads up re online Covid vaccination booking my fun membership has paid for itself.
I am going to give this a go tomorrow !

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I don’t begrudge losing out a few months of membership. As others have said most of us have saved a heck of a lot more than the value of a free night.
These like many other businesses have suffered terribly, hounding them for a messily voucher doesn’t seem right.
You are missing the point .
Nobody is hounding the club . It’s the inconsistent approach that is the problem here . Once you offer a free night as compensation to an existing member then the same offer must be extended to other members of the club . As I’ve said several times . I renewed my membership in September 2020 . I called in February 2021 to ask about an extension of the membership ( as an existing member , not one up for renewal) and I was offered a free night voucher without hesitation . Why are other people and members of the same club being treated in a different way to me ? Why are they having to ask and in some cases beg for something freely offered to me?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I am not sure that it is different to any other business, to be fair. They have a product/service that I want at a price that I am willing to pay.

How much do the directors of the company that manufactures your cornflakes earn? Quite irrelevant really.
Not really irrelevant. Corn Flake manufacturers don’t pretend to be a cosy,love me,kiss me,club.

Anyway,I don’t like cornflakes. Oaty granola for me! ;) :giggle:

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I am not sure that it is different to any other business, to be fair. They have a product/service that I want at a price that I am willing to pay.

How much do the directors of the company that manufactures your cornflakes earn? Quite irrelevant really.
The difference is in the wording Caravan Motorhome Club the other is a manufacturer.
By not doing the same as the CCC i cancelled my membership as as i would normally spend about £800 a year with CMC others will now benefit from there loss.

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Just been fobbed off via live chat that I can benefit from other member discounts like shopping at a shop I don’t use
looks like the load extra members they are getting this year mean everything to the old members

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Just been fobbed off via live chat that I can benefit from other member discounts like shopping at a shop I don’t use
looks like the load extra members they are getting this year mean everything to the old members
They tried to fob me off as well, but I stuck to it and got there in the end. Told to request a voucher after I renew membership. I kept a copy of the transcript just in case.

Patrick

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I would love to know how many vouchers they issued before they started tightening up .

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Although it’s issued as a free night voucher it is actually a first night free voucher so effectively only 50% off a 2 night booking at best.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Although it’s issued as a free night voucher it is actually a first night free voucher so effectively only 50% off a 2 night booking at best.
These are the terms and conditions . Are you sure it’s for a minimum of 2 nights ?
42C07D30-D49F-4438-89C8-1821A2774392.jpeg

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
These are the terms and conditions . Are you sure it’s for a minimum of 2 nights ? View attachment 470579

My apologies. A quick google search indicates they can be used for single nights although it was explained differently when I was offered it. I have also just read that one member used four together for a four night stay and was even given one back as because the cost of the stay was covered by just three vouchers! Very confusing!

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
My apologies. A quick google search indicates they can be used for single nights although it was explained differently when I was offered it. I have also just read that one member used four together for a four night stay and was even given one back as because the cost of the stay was covered by just three vouchers! Very confusing!
No apology needed .
And yes it is extremely confusing and again a very inconsistent message . I had hoped these free night vouchers would go down well with members and have a positive effect on the club but it has been handled in a very unprofessional manor .

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
Can’t quite get my head around this. I appreciate no one wants to be paying for something we are not getting the benefit of but as we are constantly being reminded the leisure industry has been one of the hardest hit during the pandemic. Surely we’re making their business less viable hoping to get freebies which isn’t a great deal individually but could be a colossal amount combined!! If we want these sites and groups to be available in future should we no be prepared to take a small loss individually.....???
Obviously they are offering this voucher as an incentive to renew as the uptake will undoubtably be less when the sites are closed and yes I agree it seems unfair as regardless of the renewal date we are all still loosing out on camping time but hey, is this not the nature of this particular beast / pandemic / lockdown / whatever you want to call it. Good luck to those with a voucher but I’d happily miss out on one nights holiday (if the difference in the voucher amount meant I couldn’t go) than put additional stress on the finances of an already struggling industry.
Don’t mean to offend anyone that wants the voucher and apologies in advance if that’s the case but this is just my take on it and we are members of both C&MC and C&CC.

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Am I the only one who won't be applying?
Lock down has caused huge financial stress for companies ,through no fault of their own
This has very little impact on each of us ,collectively it could be devastating to this company

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Am I the only one who won't be applying?
Lock down has caused huge financial stress for companies ,through no fault of their own
This has very little impact on each of us ,collectively it could be devastating to this company
Their wage bill went down dramatically as they closed the sites, in addition they could afford to spend money and time upgrading some sites, which, of course, they will increase charges for so no need to offer sympathy. They also benefit from various grants for tourism so they will not go bust for many years yet. 😀

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Can’t quite get my head around this. I appreciate no one wants to be paying for something we are not getting the benefit of but as we are constantly being reminded the leisure industry has been one of the hardest hit during the pandemic. Surely we’re making their business less viable hoping to get freebies which isn’t a great deal individually but could be a colossal amount combined!! If we want these sites and groups to be available in future should we no be prepared to take a small loss individually.....???
Obviously they are offering this voucher as an incentive to renew as the uptake will undoubtably be less when the sites are closed and yes I agree it seems unfair as regardless of the renewal date we are all still loosing out on camping time but hey, is this not the nature of this particular beast / pandemic / lockdown / whatever you want to call it. Good luck to those with a voucher but I’d happily miss out on one nights holiday (if the difference in the voucher amount meant I couldn’t go) than put additional stress on the finances of an already struggling industry.
Don’t mean to offend anyone that wants the voucher and apologies in advance if that’s the case but this is just my take on it and we are members of both C&MC and C&CC.

Let’s not forget CAMC have filed accounts with around £40m cash in bank for 5 years running and membership income currently £54m per year from an impressive 1 million members.

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
Let’s not forget CAMC have filed accounts with around £40m cash in bank for 5 years running and membership income currently £54m per year from an impressive 1 million members.
Well to be honest I’m thinking crack on with an excellent business model.... but if you’re then expected to issue a million freebies that would eat well into those handsome figures ???
im not bothered about those who want the vouchers it just isn’t something I’d be comfortable requesting at this moment in time......

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I am having an email conversation with the club at present suggesting that they should have a consistent approach to recompensing members for the enforced lack of use of sites and at present the responses are the normal guff about WiFi investment, discounts in the online shop etc. I have suggested that they formulate an offering giving members a choice of say 3 months extension to membership or the free nights voucher or even a discount on site charges for few bookings.
I do not think the ‘No deposit’ booking is a good thing as others have suggested it probably leads to pitches being cancelled at last minute if they bother to cancel at all. I do not see it as a benefit we should be happy with.
Being mercenary I have asked for a voucher and will use it if it arrives, though I fully expect to be excommunicated instead, which will not be a hardship. 😉😉

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Having read this and renewed on 1 March I emailed, got response ‘we are not currently issuing site night vouchers’. Are holding fees the same and no deposit bookings though

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
I have just had a live chat with Jill at the Caravan and Motorhome Club , my membership automatically renewed in January this year . Jill claims that vouchers were only issued to members who were calling to cancel membership at renewal and as an incentive to remain with the club. I hate being lied to and from some responses on this thread I suspect that I have been . Can anyone please confirm that they received a voucher and had not called to cancel membership please ? I realise the club have had a difficult time BUT there is a matter of trust here .

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Having read this and renewed on 1 March I emailed, got response ‘we are not currently issuing site night vouchers’. Are holding fees the same and no deposit bookings though
So the club is telling lies to its members if the evidence on this thread is to be believed, unbelievable 👿

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I have just had a live chat with Jill at the Caravan and Motorhome Club , my membership automatically renewed in January this year . Jill claims that vouchers were only issued to members who were calling to cancel membership at renewal and as an incentive to remain with the club. I hate being lied to and from some responses on this thread I suspect that I have been . Can anyone please confirm that they received a voucher and had not called to cancel membership please ? I realise the club have had a difficult time BUT there is a matter of trust here .
Yes I can confirm I phoned in February 2021 having renewed my membership in September 2020 . I asked if there was a possibly of getting few months free on my membership and was offered a voucher without hesitation .

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just wonder what the wage bill is for the top table directors of the club ,personally I don't think they care enough about the members .
I attended a Rally held in Cornwall to celebrate the local Centres umpteen thousandth rally.

The great and the good were there from the top table at East Grinstead.
What was striking was that they ALL had the same outfit. A Top of the range Range Rover towing a particular bespoke made caravan.
What are the odds on the chance of that being a coincidence?

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Just had reply, they are no longer running this promotion. It was only for those members who had called to cancel membership as opposed to every member who renewed.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Just had reply, they are no longer running this promotion. It was only for those members who had called to cancel membership as opposed to every member who renewed.
That information is completely and utterly untrue. Shame on them for this embarrassing episode .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back