LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Had you phoned to cancel membership renewal ? This is an absolute shambles from an organisation where it appears they are making up the rules as they go along.
A shambles indeed and an example of how not to try and compensate customers .
Members talk to each other and when some people from the same club are given preferential treatment to others it can only ever end badly and result in negative publicity .
I would hazard a guess they had a limit of around 1000 vouchers to play with and when they were claimed the script changed .
You couldn’t make this up .

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
I wrote off to them 2 days ago and received this today. As Tesco say "every little helps "

Good afternoon Mark.

Thank you for your email and I am sorry you were not offered a voucher.

I can see your membership is on an automatic renewal so as we didn't receive a call from yourself we weren't able to offer the voucher.

However, I will add you on to the list now to receive one.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jordan Stell-Duvall
Email Support Team
Caravan and Motorhome Club
East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA
T +44 (0)1342 318813 – Enquiries/Membership
T+44 (0) 1342 316101 – Overseas Travel
W www.camc.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
The chat room is closed. I have sent the following email

Hi

I have been reading on MotorhomeFun forum that you are giving a 1 free night voucher to compensate for the loss of ability to use the club sites during lockdown. I would appreciate you posting me a free voucher.
My membership is due for renewal on 31/5/21.

Regards Vic Parrott
membership No 2339......

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Nov 10, 2019
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
I have just called 10 mins ago and got a firm no, even after getting quite frustrated. I was told to email with my complaint. When I got on line trying to find email address, I joined a webchat, had to wait a few mins for someone the other end. Said we had just auto renewed and understood there was a free night voucher to be claimed due to site closures during the last 12 months. Straight away offered voucher thanking us for our renewal asked for membership no and 1st line of address. All done.
Seems like a PR nightmare, giving to some and not others.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I have just called 10 mins ago and got a firm no, even after getting quite frustrated. I was told to email with my complaint. When I got on line trying to find email address, I joined a webchat, had to wait a few mins for someone the other end. Said we had just auto renewed and understood there was a free night voucher to be claimed due to site closures during the last 12 months. Straight away offered voucher thanking us for our renewal asked for membership no and 1st line of address. All done.
Did you get details of who refused you? It would be very useful to collate the responses so we can have the evidence to show them that they really need to get a consistent act together. Is this PR nightmare just a reflection of the management structure of exec and local committees who make decisions.

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017

This is crazy , I was also asked for my membership number and first line of address but still told by Jill I wasn't getting a voucher . I have sent an e-mail asking for an explanation . As already mentioned this is a PR nightmare but keeps me occupied during lockdown I suppose . I would be interested if it is only Jill who is turning everyone down and telling porkies .

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
This is crazy , I was also asked for my membership number and first line of address but still told by Jill I wasn't getting a voucher . I have sent an e-mail asking for an explanation . As already mentioned this is a PR nightmare but keeps me occupied during lockdown I suppose . I would be interested if it is only Jill who is turning everyone down and telling porkies .
Well my Chat operator was Lynn and as we know she said 'yes'

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Related to Trustpilot ^^
There's also a fair amount of recent positive CAMC feedback, odd?
tbf, other than premium pricing, until this PR balls up, the kevenh's do have a good experience with CAMC in their <2yr of Motorhoming.

Nov 10, 2019
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Did you get details of who refused you? It would be very useful to collate the responses so we can have the evidence to show them that they really need to get a consistent act together. Is this PR nightmare just a reflection of the management structure of exec and local committees who make decisions.
Sorry no, did give name I failed to write it down...she did speak to her line manager to check as I pressed her, but could/would not transfer me so I could speak to her as she was working from home...

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Related to Trustpilot ^^
There's also a fair amount of recent positive CAMC feedback, odd?
tbf, other than premium pricing, until this PR balls up, the kevenh's do have a good experience with CAMC in their <2yr of Motorhoming.
Cannot see any good reviews on Trust Pilot going back to August 2020. The standard replies from the ‘Club’ spout the WiFi upgrade, site upgrades and discounts from 3rd parties Are taking the p@ss and is getting boring, as though they haven’t reviewed what’s going on and don’t care what current membership thinks.
it is a business classic, that it is cheaper to retain a customer than find new ones, they really need to start thinking about the membership and what is fair to them.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I tried on chat and the answer was that initially some vouchers were issued on threats of cancellation but they have now stopped issuing .

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Cannot see any good reviews on Trust Pilot going back to August 2020. The standard replies from the ‘Club’ spout the WiFi upgrade, site upgrades and discounts from 3rd parties Are taking the p@ss and is getting boring, as though they haven’t reviewed what’s going on and don’t care what current membership thinks.
it is a business classic, that it is cheaper to retain a customer than find new ones, they really need to start thinking about the membership and what is fair to them.
Have you got a filter on?
Or are we writing about different positive reviews?
1614873069761.png

Sep 2, 2017
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Reply from CMC

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your email.

I have spoken to my supervisor and this offer was for members who were cancelling their membership due to covid and has now been discontinued.

I am sure you are looking forward to getting away with the Club very soon.

Stay safe and if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kindest regards

Kathy

I have cancelled my standing order to CMC for next year

villades

Free Member
Aug 19, 2020
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
3 years
Hi Mr. and Mrs. White. Thank you for renewing your membership. We were offering a site night voucher to members who were having to cancel their membership due to covid related reasons to persuade them to renew. This offer has recently come to an end but we are looking into other initiatives in the future. ^Iain

I’ve just spoken with them, this is the reply?

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Mr. and Mrs. White. Thank you for renewing your membership. We were offering a site night voucher to members who were having to cancel their membership due to covid related reasons to persuade them to renew. This offer has recently come to an end but we are looking into other initiatives in the future. ^Iain

I’ve just spoken with them, this is the reply?
But we know that is not true . I wonder if staff are all working from home and individually have no idea what others are doing . We need a conspiracy theory to add to this as it reads better than utter incompetence . I think I was refused because I am a white ,hetrosexual , male OAP, who was born in Norfolk . Does anyone else fit into any of those categories ?

Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
Yes I can confirm I phoned in February 2021 having renewed my membership in September 2020 . I asked if there was a possibly of getting few months free on my membership and was offered a voucher without hesitation .
I also can confirm free voucher nothing to do with cancellation.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
This offer has recently come to an end

I have spoken to my supervisor and this offer was for members

It’s priceless that they refer to this is an offer ? Was this offer advertised and open to all members ?
Edit . I’ve mucked up my quotes here but as you can see at least 2 funsters have been told this was an “offer “. That has now come to an end .
Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Messaged them regarding free voucher and they said it was only an incentive for people cancelling so told them not to renew my membership and cancel my site bookings.Awaiting a reply.BUSBY.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
But we know that is not true . I wonder if staff are all working from home and individually have no idea what others are doing . We need a conspiracy theory to add to this as it reads better than utter incompetence . I think I was refused because I am a white ,hetrosexual , male OAP, who was born in Norfolk . Does anyone else fit into any of those categories ?
How about utter incompetence and a conspiracy theory ? This has to be one of the poorest examples of a public relationship exercise I have ever witnessed . Do they presume the democratic of the club are too old to communicate on social media and forums and that people won’t see the inconsistent approach . CAMC management need to grow a pair and issue a voucher to every member who has been with them throughout the pandemic . People with over 20 years membership being told by a chat box that they are not worthy of a free night away . Disgraceful

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
I got fobbed off last night on the live chat as I reported on here
I’ve now found out another member never renewed during covid as they guessed that they wouldn’t be able to use it
Same person renewed at the start of this week got it cheaper than before and got a 1 night voucher 😡

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Anybody else just got in their email entitled "We look forward to welcoming you back"?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back