Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
To be honest I think there 10%discounts they give to members for various things is a bit of a laugh really, if you approached these companies and were not a member of the CAMC and asked for a discount they would offer you 10% anyway, I've done it when purchasing items before .

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
PJGWiltshire Thank you for the info just had a live chat with Jane who did not offer up any of the information regarding the free night only to give me all the usual speel but got there in the end and a voucher is on it's way.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I simply pointed out that I don’t use any of their member benefits and the only reason I am a member is to use the sites which have been closed for much of the season. Voucher offered instantly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Is there anything the voucher doesn’t include for a nights stay?

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I think they may have tightened up on the free voucher. I phoned and no offer was made, only that there was a possibility at renewal. I tried live chat, same result.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Is there anything the voucher doesn’t include for a nights stay?
No restrictions .
6AA78D59-5D5A-427C-B630-EBA5B8D51007.jpeg

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Got told on the Chat that it was an offer for new members only during February. Sounds total b*ll*cks, but they've probably realised all these vouchers were costing their management their holiday time in the Bahamas.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Got told on the Chat that it was an offer for new members only during February. Sounds total b*ll*cks, but they've probably realised all these vouchers were costing their management their holiday time in the Bahamas.
It’s a separate offer I believe but not surprised they weren’t aware of this . I imagine the free voucher now being pretty much public knowledge has resulted in them having to issue many more free night vouchers than they originally forecasted . The message seems to have changed from just issuing a voucher as soon as a member queried extension of yearly membership etc to fighting tooth and nail not to issue a voucher unless the member really pushes the point . Disappointing . Are they not aware we discuss things on forums ? 🙄

Feb 11, 2017
HALSTEAD ESSEX
Funster No
MH
ih VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2001
Just been on the CMC chat line and was told I was not eligible for the voucher as we renewed in October 2020 , but if I had phoned up to cancel our renewal I would have been offered the voucher as an incentive to stay , when I pointed out that the week before renewing they had sent me an email asking me to support the club by renewing my membership to help them out which we did , so once again loyalty counts for nothing , she just said she would pass my feedback on to the relevant department, it seems like a lot of business nowadays the CMC is top heavy with fat cats , and the members don't matter , needles to say we won't be renewing with them in October

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Whilst I agree they have handled this issue very poorly, I think ALL members will suffer because they will put up the rates to pay for the so called "free night vouchers". Nothing is "free"
It is my birthday today and I feel chilled and at peace with the world, if you should happen to disagree with my view that all members will suffer then please do not write back to me because I am in my bubble of peace and calm, looking forward to mug of tea and a scone this afternoon before a large Ophir Gin and Tonic followed by a lovely 3 course dinner including wine and possibly followed by a large Brandy.
Peace and tranquility to all ☮️🕉️

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Whilst I agree they have handled this issue very poorly, I think ALL members will suffer because they will put up the rates to pay for the so called "free night vouchers". Nothing is "free"
It is my birthday today and I feel chilled and at peace with the world, if you should happen to disagree with my view that all members will suffer then please do not write back to me because I am in my bubble of peace and calm, looking forward to mug of tea and a scone this afternoon before a large Ophir Gin and Tonic followed by a lovely 3 course dinner including wine and possibly followed by a large Brandy.
Peace and tranquility to all ☮️🕉️
Happy birthday .
A free night can be worth upto and above probably £52. Nearly a years membership, why didn't they give a free 3 month extension like CCC.
I was more happy with the voucher rather than a membership extension and like you said it nearly covers the membership fee .

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Shoddy approach by this so called club. It isn’t really a club,it’s a limited company.......but they don’t pay us a dividend!!!!!!!

I really can’t be bothered to contact them and argue the toss,the amount of money is not worth me chasing after.

The approach by Camping &Caravanning Club is much fairer in my opinion.

Shakti Yoni

Free Member
Oct 17, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
several years
Just been on online chat and said I'd heard renewers were receiving a free site night voucher and I wanted to claim mine. No quibbling from them, was told they'd post one out to me.
What with this and the heads up re online Covid vaccination booking my fun membership has paid for itself.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
not worth me chasing after.
That’s the key point here . Nobody should be chasing the voucher regardless of its value , it should be a quick and easy online form or automated phone call taking less than a minute and everyone should receive the same level of compensation .This manipulation of members by mentioning the (limited ) benefits of the club and that campsites are only a small part of what they offer , whist in lockdown is cringeworthy to say the least . It’s a club that we pay membership for and that is for one simple reason ,to stay away from home at camp sites . The other benefits are not a reason for joining .

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
That’s the key point here . Nobody should be chasing the voucher regardless of its value , it should be a quick and easy online form or automated phone call taking less than a minute and everyone should receive the same level of compensation .This manipulation of members by mentioning the (limited ) benefits of the club and that campsites are only a small part of what they offer , whist in lockdown is cringeworthy to say the least . It’s a club that we pay membership for and that is for one simple reason ,to stay away from home at camp sites . The other benefits are not a reason for joining .

Mine was a quick phone call, less than 5 minutes and 4 of those were chit chat about lockdown and her asking if myself and my family were all ok and looking forward to being allowed to touring again.

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Renewed our membership 28Feb I got in touch with them today after reading this thread, they going to send me a site voucher as a thank you for renewing. Thank you for the heads up.Will save the voucher till we take the grandchildren away in August.👍😁

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
We understand that 2020 was a difficult year and some of our Members wanted to cancel their subscription. As an incentive to stay with the club, a site night voucher was offered to those who telephoned to cancel, if they stayed with the Club. So would not be able to send this out at this point. The Club is hugely grateful to all the members who have continued to support the Club and as a result are holding membership prices for 2021, there are also zero deposits and no cancellation fees to help provide you with peace of mind.

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Just wonder what the wage bill is for the top table directors of the club ,personally I don't think they care enough about the members .

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
We understand that 2020 was a difficult year and some of our Members wanted to cancel their subscription. As an incentive to stay with the club, a site night voucher was offered to those who telephoned to cancel, if they stayed with the Club. So would not be able to send this out at this point. The Club is hugely grateful to all the members who have continued to support the Club and as a result are holding membership prices for 2021, there are also zero deposits and no cancellation fees to help provide you with peace of mind.
So basically, reward for:

- Continuing supporting and holding the line: Nothing

- Wimping and threatening to run away: Victoria Cross Free Night Voucher

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Just wonder what the wage bill is for the top table directors of the club ,personally I don't think they care enough about the members .
I am not sure that it is different to any other business, to be fair. They have a product/service that I want at a price that I am willing to pay.

How much do the directors of the company that manufactures your cornflakes earn? Quite irrelevant really.

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
I don’t begrudge losing out a few months of membership. As others have said most of us have saved a heck of a lot more than the value of a free night.
These like many other businesses have suffered terribly, hounding them for a messily voucher doesn’t seem right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back