Arrived in France (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
For those of you thinking about travelling to France. We arrived here on Wednesday, Britanny Ferries Portsmouth to Caen. Ferry less than half full, although we were in our cabin most of the time, except when we had breakfast, and coffee out on deck.
It was straight forward boarding, with no checks other than our paperwork. We had everything printed off for ease. Although we noticed some cars were being pulled over. We were the very first vehicle off the ferry, and the first to hit border control. It took literally one minute for them to stamp our passports, scan our Covid vaccination certificates and glance at our sworn declarations.
Stopped enroute for a big shop in Intermarche for meat, dairy and veg etc. Campsite in Mayenne is very quiet, out of 77 pitches only 5 occupied. Weather is beautiful!
Have had lunch in a local restaurant where they glanced at our Frencg Covid pass on our mobiles. Have not been asked for the pass when stopping outside for a coffee.
Hope this is useful to any fellow travellers.
Can you please tell us which site in Mayenne, and which restaurant? We might be going in that direction.

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
Can you just show your printer NHS covid vacine paper to get into resurants etc, our phones are not very modern, just one up from running on calor gas
Yes you can as long as you have the QR code, just show the 2nd vaccination one. Been in france for a week now and asked for it at every cafe we have been in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Now i am on the Eurotunnel Frequent traveller filling that out and I have just done the "Outbound Health Declarations"

Is this the same thing as "statement of honour" that the french request or do i need to find another form somewhere ?

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Now i am on the Eurotunnel Frequent traveller filling that out and I have just done the "Outbound Health Declarations"

Is this the same thing as "statement of honour" that the french request or do i need to find another form somewhere ?
I took it to mean the Covid vaccination certificate, technically you need both but there are multiple reports they are only worrying about the vaccination proof

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I took it to mean the Covid vaccination certificate, technically you need both but there are multiple reports they are only worrying about the vaccination proof
In order to cross the "I"s and dot the "T"s i have found this so will fill this out as well

Deleted User
In that link under rules from 30th July from 'Orange' countries.

2) You wish to enter French national territory​

2.1 Traffic regime​

If you are vaccinated , entry into metropolitan territory is not subject to any restriction

2.2. Health control measures​

If you are vaccinated , you only need to present proof of vaccination status and a sworn statement attesting to the absence of symptoms of covid-19 infection and contact with a confirmed case of covid-19.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
The authorities check that your gas bottle/tank is turned off

Update from my previous comment ... we downloaded the French TousCovid App, which is in English, and added our NHS certificates to it via the QR code.

Just used it to get into a bar without any problems.
Another vote for the French App. easy to download and setup, you don't have to give personal details and it scanned the NHS QR codes without a hitch. All in English too.
Apparently it's accepted across the EU as well....

Deleted User
Another vote for the French App. easy to download and setup, you don't have to give personal details and it scanned the NHS QR codes without a hitch. All in English too.
It also has a track and trace function which may not be wanted by some.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Yes but it is deactivated unless you allow it.
For clarity when loading this last night the location pinging put me off downloading it after experiencing the NHS one.
Clarified on here and downloaded it and the location pinging default is off.

One other thing I did was to print out both our QR codes and then I laminated them just in case I lost my phone.

I amy yet to find out if this is a clever idea or a waste of time

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Just arrived in France. I can confirm the process at the eurotunnel terminal is painless. Passports yes. Covid passes and declarations not interested. Got diverted to the security check lane only for the gas bottle check. Thought I was in for the bomb check and burger smuggling search!

now in Dunkirk- masks ARE being worn everywhere. The barcode checks are happening everywhere - UK paper and TousAntiCovid App are fully acceptable. Feels a lot safer than Sainsburys at home.

Stopped at Fleet services for a coffee. Place was heaving. Social Distancing and masks non- existent.

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Just arrived in France. I can confirm the process at the eurotunnel terminal is painless. Passports yes. Covid passes and declarations not interested. Got diverted to the security check lane only for the gas bottle check. Thought I was in for the bomb check and burger smuggling search!

now in Dunkirk- masks ARE being worn everywhere. The barcode checks are happening everywhere - UK paper and TousAntiCovid App are fully acceptable. Feels a lot safer than Sainsburys at home.

Stopped at Fleet services for a coffee. Place was heaving. Social Distancing and masks non- existent.
It’s so easy and so empty over here! Totally safe! Enjoy 😉

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
One other thing I did was to print out both our QR codes and then I laminated them just in case I lost my phone.
We did the same. We don’t have the app on our phones just the laminated ones and a spare paper copy for emergencies. Been here since early Saturday and haven’t been asked for anything other than sight of our passports, and that was at the tunnel!

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We’ve still no idea where to or when we’ll be off, but I’m printing off and will be laminating any forms in order to have a hard copy. (y)

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Just returned from Spain no gas check either way but drug and under vehicle check both ways. So watch out for illegals on your return been there before.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

I’ve downloaded the App to our phones, easy enough. How do I transfer our NHS code onto it?

Tried putting our NHS letters in front of the scanner, but it came back ‘incorrect format’……I know I’m doing something wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I’ve downloaded the App to our phones, easy enough. How do I transfer our NHS code onto it?

Tried putting our NHS letters in front of the scanner, but it came back ‘incorrect format’……I know I’m doing something wrong. 🤷‍♂️
I got our QR codes up on the NHS app on my iPad and then used the phone to scan them into the French app, also on the phone.
Did the same on my wife’s phone.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013

I had to download a PDF copy from the NHS site and scanned that as the codes on the printed NHS letter were not recognised like yours is doing.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I had to download a PDF copy from the NHS site and scanned that as the codes on the printed NHS letter were not recognised like yours is doing.

I’ve got the NHS letter which will be laminated sobI can wipe it clean should anyone want to hold it.

When I printed the pdf one it said it was only valid for 30 days. 🤷‍♂️

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I’ve got the NHS letter which will be laminated sobI can wipe it clean should anyone want to hold it.

When I printed the pdf one it said it was only valid for 30 days. 🤷‍♂️
yes its the same as in the app you need to download/update once a month. If you get the covidverif app try scanning your letter vs the pdf to see which one works and you need to scan the second vaccine code not the first.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I found that the Tousanticovid app would not accept the QR code if the expiry date has passed, I emailed a new one to myself and that scanned in okay, I scanned both the first and second jabs and both were accepted, there doesn't appear to be an expiry date once in the Tousanticovid app unless I've missed it. Also the Tousanticovid verif app is for others to verify that your QR codes are genuine, so unless you are running a business over there you shouldn't need it.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I found that the Tousanticovid app would not accept the QR code if the expiry date has passed, I emailed a new one to myself and that scanned in okay, I scanned both the first and second jabs and both were accepted, there doesn't appear to be an expiry date once in the Tousanticovid app unless I've missed it. Also the Tousanticovid verif app is for others to verify that your QR codes are genuine, so unless you are running a business over there you shouldn't need it.
As a matter of interest, can you not just show the QR code from the NHS app?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I haven't travelled yet so not sure if the verif app will scan the NHS app or not.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Facial recog
I set my NHS App up without any bother, but when we came to do the one for my OH it required more info for identity - not sure why. We did it by taking a photo of her passport and uploading it; the app then asked for a scan of her face which was duly done. Five minutes later she got an email saying it was all approved. It's all done from within the app and was surprising easy and well explained - well done to the App delelopers.

Given that facial recognition is that good it shows that if the authorities were to take a photo of a crowd then everyone with a passport or a driving licence could be identified in short order; not that that bothers us, but if anyone is any doubt, big brother is well and truely with us.
Facial recognition is truly not that good, it’s good but not that accurate

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
I belive others have posted on here to say the NHS app or certificate is accepted in France.
However I'd recommend getting 'tousanticovid' anyway, would be a bummer if you are refused entry to your favourite Moule frite cafe by a zealous garcon, non?

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
print off form available French gov site or loads of other places ( google is your friend) Fill it in “ on your honour “ and show if asked.
I'm confused. That form specifically states it does not apply to travellers from the UK. Right at the very top.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back