Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
Me too 🙁 Evan tho we are toying with the idea of last 2 weeks ofSeptember, just can’t be arsed with the testing:rolleyes:
I'm heading over the same time to Roscoff then south. Paperwork is just that- a pain. and it has been putting me off somewhat, but needs must etc. Guess it's the future of travel at least for a while. Best get used to it.

Jul 1, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just booked tunnel my my their taking no prisoners this year Tuesday train ÂŁ365 Wednesday train ÂŁ185 ???

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
Very easy. Down loadable - you need the one from an orange zone. It’s available in english

For the destination I chose our first booked campsite

Print it and sign it and Robert est la frere de votre pere ..
Surely that should be ” le frĂšre ” ? đŸ€”đŸ€“

May 21, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 1986
Can you just show your printer NHS covid vacine paper to get into resurants etc, our phones are not very modern, just one up from running on calor gas

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
Very easy. Down loadable - you need the one from an orange zone. It’s available in english

For the destination I chose our first booked campsite

Print it and sign it and Robert est la frere de votre pere ..
According to Eurotunnel they say this declaration for fully vaccinated travellers is no longer required - which is correct?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
According to Eurotunnel they say this declaration for fully vaccinated travellers is no longer required - which is correct?
I’m going with French government website. It is trivial to do and you could be stuffed without it

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
I’m going with French government website. It is trivial to do and you could be stuffed without it
Totally agree - best to have the belt and braces approach. We have also downloaded the forms to be sure but it is very confusing when trolling through both UK and French websites as they both contradict each other and confuse us all

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I came to France on Thursday via the tunnel. Gas check, passport stamped (in the middle of the available pages!), no Covid pass asked for, no statement of honour asked for.

Today, at two different venues, I have twice used the NHS Covid pass on my phone when asked for the “Pass Sanitaire”. This is the one “Valid in England”, since it was easy to put in the wallet of the iPhone and therefore easy to get to without logging in to the app (the general NHS app, not the Covid tracker).

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I got the NHS website to email me the certificate as a pdf and then uploaded the pdf to the French app!
I also got them to email the cert as a pdf, opened it on my laptop, and scanned it onto my phone 🙂.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Going to France? Absolute doddle. We went 1 week before French said we didn't a PCR test !!!
Dover Port, French Border control looked at paperwork and stamped Passport, UK control he looked from his newspaper and waved us through, directed then to shed for swab test on door handles and lock! Luckily no drugs or Semtex detected so onto P and O check in and we are ready to board. Wife said ah the meat and dairy products are safe.
French customs at Calais stopping the few private vehicles and chatting, I spot a "declarations" lane! We got to head of queue, he looked at British number plate, eyes the "angle morts" stickers, smiled and waved us through. He realised we were good people. I said to wife " now the Marmite sausages, bacon, Clover and the genuine Cornish Pasties were safe!
Spent time in the Bordeaux region, became a hotspot so masks to be worn in pedestrianised areas and shops etc. French anti-vaxxers upset as we could go into restaurants and they couldn't !!!!
Now comes the hard bit, trying to return to my own country.

1) You need a French administered Antigen test no more than 72 hours before departure to the UK. Most Pharmacies are equipped for the French citizens, had ours done at Pont de L'Arche near Rouen. Very helpful and perfect English. Booked on Tuesday for 1st slot on Thursday.
Got a certificate within 5 minutes ! €25.01
2) Fill in a Passenger Locator Form, ah, no more than 48 before departure! You can't view questions until you complete each page (several pages !!)
3) Now book ferry for Friday as Antigen test was Negative, 1 way ÂŁ166, used to be around ÂŁ60.
4) Now receive email from P and O to fill out Passenger Detail Form
5) Now complete Government passenger locator form (lose will to live!) Can be saved and return later.
6) Book day 2 test, to be done within 48 hours of arrival, ah, long week-end and tests to be delivered, administered and returned!
Reurn to Locator form. Enter booking details for day 2 test. I live close to Stansted Airport, pay extra for drive-through on Saturday and complete the requirements. Well organised and simple to book and take tests.
7) The above was x2 as wife also had to complete tests and forms. And I can now relax, not quite.......
8) Get to terminal very early, it took an hour and a half to queue and wait, French and others not completing forms, we waited 20 minutes behind one at kiosk, missed the ferry and had a 2 hour wait for the next one!

Still want to go ????? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Update from my previous comment ... we downloaded the French TousCovid App, which is in English, and added our NHS certificates to it via the QR code.

Just used it to get into a bar without any problems.

Aug 30, 2010
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 772f Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
We travelled via Eurotunnel on Tuesday 24th August, no problems, never got asked to show our Covid QR code, but then all details are entered onto their API site. Have found campsites which have a pool / restaurant/bar need to scan your NHS QR code, the same goes in towns. We are currently close to Royan, face masks are Mandatory when entering any building but, covid QR code checks are only being asked for as i mentioned before, cafes, bars, restaurants, pools, oh and its clear blue skies and 28 degrees at present......happy travels everyone.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We travelled via Eurotunnel on Tuesday 24th August, no problems, never got asked to show our Covid QR code, but then all details are entered onto their API site. Have found campsites which have a pool / restaurant/bar need to scan your NHS QR code, the same goes in towns. We are currently close to Royan, face masks are Mandatory when entering any building but, covid QR code checks are only being asked for as i mentioned before, cafes, bars, restaurants, pools, oh and its clear blue skies and 28 degrees at present......happy travels everyone.
The Early information was useful but there was no need to mention the lovely weather..Tunnel on 8 th Sept.BUSBY.

Jun 13, 2021
Pevensey Bay, Pevensey, UK
Funster No
MH
IH680 cfl
Exp
Likewise. Paying for testing on return is part of the ‘racket’. Recently went to Guernsey as a foot passenger and, even though I had 5 x NHS LFT kits in my bag, was required to purchase 5 more from Guernsey COVID welcome team on entry for £25.00. When asked did they want me to do a test there & then which would have taken about 10 mins, they said not necessary but could do one when I got to Hotel if I wanted!! Family member returning from Spain said he had to book and pay for test on return but wasn’t required to send the result to anyone. He said he’d book and pay for test but wouldn’t bother collecting it when he got back.
Seems to me the only people profiting here are the test kit suppliers. I won’t be making a contribution to their coffers this year, thankyou very much.
Likewise. Paying for testing on return is part of the ‘racket’. Recently went to Guernsey as a foot passenger and, even though I had 5 x NHS LFT kits in my bag, was required to purchase 5 more from Guernsey COVID welcome team on entry for £25.00. When asked did they want me to do a test there & then which would have taken about 10 mins, they said not necessary but could do one when I got to Hotel if I wanted!! Family member returning from Spain said he had to book and pay for test on return but wasn’t required to send the result to anyone. He said he’d book and pay for test but wouldn’t bother collecting it when he got back.
Seems to me the only people profiting here are the test kit suppliers. I won’t be making a contribution to their coffers this year, thankyou very much.
Ironically test kits made in China

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Have been in Germany and France for over 5 weeks, will leave sometime in October. Have downloaded the TousCovid app and added our vaccination details. You will be asked in the majority of places for this. Only things to be added to previous. We have only just seen our first GB plated vehicle, after 5 weeks. We have booked into a holiday park for 2 nights(maybe longer) for €30.30, in the south of France, bargain. Everything included, EHU, showers, pool etc, hopefully find more bargains like this on our way to Spain. No reason, as far as I can see for you not to come over(apart from the hassle of the checks coming back to UK, I’m leaving it to the latest possible moment, in the hope it becomes easier đŸ€”

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
eyes the "angle morts" stickers, smiled and waved us through. He realised we were good people. I said to wife " now the Marmite sausages, bacon, Clover and the genuine Cornish Pasties were safe!
Brilliant thinking

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Update from my previous comment ... we downloaded the French TousCovid App, which is in English, and added our NHS certificates to it via the QR code.

Just used it to get into a bar without any problems.
I ve just tried downloading the app and had a choice of 2.
The "tousanticovd" and "tousanticovd verif"

I went with the "tousanticovd verif" one first and scneed my QR code then scanned the wifes. All good so far apart from I dont know where they are in the app if i were to show someone at a bar.
So i then downloaded the "tousanticovid" but that looks just like the NHS track trace app that tells me if i have been near anyone, which I dont really want.

Do you have a pic of the app I should download or am i just being an idiot ?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

I went with the "tousanticovd verif" one first and scneed my QR code then scanned the wifes. All good so far apart from I dont know where they are in the app if i were to show someone at a bar.
So i then downloaded the "tousanticovid" but that looks just like the NHS track trace app that tells me if i have been near anyone, which I dont really want.

Download tousanticovid . There is an option Scan QR code so do that . You find it in section My Wallet . Simples The Tousanticovid verif
is for establishment to use to verify your code !

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

5AE99C3A-9DE9-4BB5-BF53-12E714BFD0A2.png

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016

The verif version is for the bars and things to use to verify your document. You need the first one. It’s in English

As the screenshot from spitfire showed click in “your Wallet” and add your certificates. You can photograph the bar code or upload the pdf version.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back