Arrived in France (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2015
Horley, Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2015
For those of you thinking about travelling to France. We arrived here on Wednesday, Britanny Ferries Portsmouth to Caen. Ferry less than half full, although we were in our cabin most of the time, except when we had breakfast, and coffee out on deck.
It was straight forward boarding, with no checks other than our paperwork. We had everything printed off for ease. Although we noticed some cars were being pulled over. We were the very first vehicle off the ferry, and the first to hit border control. It took literally one minute for them to stamp our passports, scan our Covid vaccination certificates and glance at our sworn declarations.
Stopped enroute for a big shop in Intermarche for meat, dairy and veg etc. Campsite in Mayenne is very quiet, out of 77 pitches only 5 occupied. Weather is beautiful!
Have had lunch in a local restaurant where they glanced at our Frencg Covid pass on our mobiles. Have not been asked for the pass when stopping outside for a coffee.
Hope this is useful to any fellow travellers.

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
I've 2 weeks in October but the wife doesn't, however we have two weeks in January and are just looking at using that for our first foray into Europe, probably a circumnavigation of france including some nice time on the south coast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Stop posting these french threads please, its making me want to go!! :LOL:
Come over - it’s great! Weather is fab in the Charente Maritime, plenty of space and great food.

Couple of pics taken last night in La Rochelle from the water bus heading back to the central campsite.

2FA5667D-17F3-4646-9DC2-77735B98F88A.jpeg
6C0D72FB-24BC-41C6-B660-F1B096243A74.jpeg

May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yosemite
Exp
Since summer 2019
We are also thinking of France in September. I see that the Sworn Undertaking requires a 'Final destination' of city and country. What are people putting for city if they have no more detailed plans than simply France?

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Sworn Declaration??
Very easy. Down loadable - you need the one from an orange zone. It’s available in english

For the destination I chose our first booked campsite

Print it and sign it and Robert est la frere de votre pere ..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We are also thinking of France in September. I see that the Sworn Undertaking requires a 'Final destination' of city and country. What are people putting for city if they have no more detailed plans than simply France?
Don't think they will check or you could just put Spain
BUSBY.

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
I just put France, they are not interested at all in this form, just your Passport and Covid certificates

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Been in France for 6 days now. Presently in Cluny, Macon area. Cold of a night , sunny days but only about 21c, pleasant enough. Heading further south and then Spain. Proof of vaccination needed in most bars and municipal swimming pools. Sites fairly empty. Some areas of Cluny have signs insisting you wear masks. Everybody seems sensible. the few places where there seem to be a few more people like street markets people wear masks. Not obligatory but most people in restaurants seem to choose tables away from others. Generally feels safe.

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
Me too 🙁 Evan tho we are toying with the idea of last 2 weeks ofSeptember, just can’t be arsed with the testing:rolleyes:
Likewise. Paying for testing on return is part of the ‘racket’. Recently went to Guernsey as a foot passenger and, even though I had 5 x NHS LFT kits in my bag, was required to purchase 5 more from Guernsey COVID welcome team on entry for £25.00. When asked did they want me to do a test there & then which would have taken about 10 mins, they said not necessary but could do one when I got to Hotel if I wanted!! Family member returning from Spain said he had to book and pay for test on return but wasn’t required to send the result to anyone. He said he’d book and pay for test but wouldn’t bother collecting it when he got back.
Seems to me the only people profiting here are the test kit suppliers. I won’t be making a contribution to their coffers this year, thankyou very much.

Boy

Apr 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 195
Hi
where do one obtain certificate I have the small cards given out when we had the jab will they do
happy days

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Same experience for us on Monday en route to our static van. Offered our passes to Admin at the site, who pointed out if we hadn't got them, we wouldn't be here, which is fair.

Be aware there are some local regulations requiring masks to be worn everywhere in the designated areas. Haven't found a link with sufficient national detail to be helpful, so maybe Google specifically for your next destination, for example 'porte de mask en vendeé' comes up with this:
Broken Link Removed

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Hi
where do one obtain certificate I have the small cards given out when we had the jab will they do
happy days
Download the NHS APP. (it’s not the Covid app it’s a different one) you can get it from there. You can also go via a website. If you haven’t setup an o count be prepared to jump though hoops to prove your identity. Knowing your NHS number really helps.

start here

Mr and Mrs O

Free Member
Dec 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Deposit is paid
Exp
Newbies
Hi
happy days
NHS website just google NHS Covid vacination letter.
Ours arrived within a few days in the post.
Sorry already answered but we didnt do the app thing.

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
For those of you thinking about travelling to France. We arrived here on Wednesday, Britanny Ferries Portsmouth to Caen. Ferry less than half full, although we were in our cabin most of the time, except when we had breakfast, and coffee out on deck.
It was straight forward boarding, with no checks other than our paperwork. We had everything printed off for ease. Although we noticed some cars were being pulled over. We were the very first vehicle off the ferry, and the first to hit border control. It took literally one minute for them to stamp our passports, scan our Covid vaccination certificates and glance at our sworn declarations.
Stopped enroute for a big shop in Intermarche for meat, dairy and veg etc. Campsite in Mayenne is very quiet, out of 77 pitches only 5 occupied. Weather is beautiful!
Have had lunch in a local restaurant where they glanced at our Frencg Covid pass on our mobiles. Have not been asked for the pass when stopping outside for a coffee.
Hope this is useful to any fellow travellers.
we leave for France on Tuesday.

OP
OP
pauljanita
Apr 7, 2015
Horley, Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Although we are travelling around, we also just put our first stop as the destination, ie Mayenne.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Set up the Pass Sanitaire, last night, after an hour of trying to figure out how to scan in the QR codes from the NHS app 🤔.
No doubt, it'll be a cinch for people more IT literate than me 🙂.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Set up the Pass Sanitaire, last night, after an hour of trying to figure out how to scan in the QR codes from the NHS app 🤔.
No doubt, it'll be a cinch for people more IT literate than me 🙂.
I got the NHS website to email me the certificate as a pdf and then uploaded the pdf to the French app!

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
If you haven’t setup an o count be prepared to jump though hoops to prove your identity
I set my NHS App up without any bother, but when we came to do the one for my OH it required more info for identity - not sure why. We did it by taking a photo of her passport and uploading it; the app then asked for a scan of her face which was duly done. Five minutes later she got an email saying it was all approved. It's all done from within the app and was surprising easy and well explained - well done to the App delelopers.

Given that facial recognition is that good it shows that if the authorities were to take a photo of a crowd then everyone with a passport or a driving licence could be identified in short order; not that that bothers us, but if anyone is any doubt, big brother is well and truely with us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back