Animal Health Certificate charges - the Good Guys (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It would help if posts that have gone cold in 2021 and re-opened again in 2022 weren't re-opened ad infinitum.... #77. We all made a mistake!!!
But that would stop all the fun ... we ought to have a competition to see who responds to the OP of the oldest thread without realising. :giggle:

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

In a word yes,you could waste a lot of time searching for one,Popping into Belgium is the closest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
In a word yes,you could waste a lot of time searching for one,Popping into Belgium is the closest.

Been quoted €88 in Bruges for a Pet Passport. Dog has a current rabies jab from May 22 but will need another 3 year one if we go ahead. That includes the wormer to come home. Can do it in June when we are there. Shame I can't just add it to his existing and expired passport that we used before Brexit and COVID!

For a 13yo dog it's a gamble. £69 for another AHC in September? Or passport?

Waiting on one in Mons to respond...

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Been quoted €88 in Bruges for a Pet Passport. Dog has a current rabies jab from May 22 but will need another 3 year one if we go ahead. That includes the wormer to come home. Can do it in June when we are there. Shame I can't just add it to his existing and expired passport that we used before Brexit and COVID!

Mme. Jaucot just outside Mons transferred our vaccination accross,however you do have to check carefully that she has filled in everything correctly and her charges, (cash only) do seem to vary!

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Mme. Jaucot just outside Mons transferred our vaccination accross,however you do have to check carefully that she has filled in everything correctly and her charges, (cash only) do seem to vary!

She's the one I am waiting on a reply from. 😉

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004

£69 for AHC. Where can you get that done so cheaply? Looking at most quotes on here £150 seems the minimum upto maybe £300

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
£69 for AHC. Where can you get that done so cheaply? Looking at most quotes on here £150 seems the minimum upto maybe £300

With the place at Folkestone when returning for an AHC with same dog. First time £99 subsequently £69.

Abbeywell. During lockdown and Brexit many vets around here couldn't staff the surgeries. Abbeywell took on loads of new customers/patients. Sadly we couldn't change to them as they were full.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Abbeywell. During lockdown and Brexit many vets around here couldn't staff the surgeries. Abbeywell took on loads of new customers/patients. Sadly we couldn't change to them as they were full.
But they will still do your AHC,
Our vets is in south wales but abbeywell supply our ahc until we are next across the channel

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

But they will do an AHC for anyone,all done on line,just attend the practice with your dog and pick it up 👍

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Does anyone know if there're are any cheaper than 150.00 in Worcestershire WR11 area

Apr 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Not within £75. Shopped round vets near Wakefield/ Leeds. £87.50 best I could get at Dales Vets, Otley. Lovely vet too. Our usual vet quoted £250. Another £60 for the Rabies jab.

Mar 15, 2018
Wrexham, UK
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis LH drive
Exp
since 1979
Hi have a Spanish passport for our dog got the rabies jab in October 2020 and returning late August this year so should get in but how long before return do I need to get a new injection done
Thanks

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi have a Spanish passport for our dog got the rabies jab in October 2020 and returning late August this year so should get in but how long before return do I need to get a new injection done
Thanks
You need the booster done before the current rabies runs out.

Personally I would not wait until the last minute incase there’s a hiccup

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS: assuming it’s a 3 year vaccine and you are not going again until after October this year then any time before you leave in August will be fine.

Jan 15, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
1 year
The Actual vet charges thread has become so lengthy that it is difficult to pick out useful information. With most vets charging well over £100 for an Animal Health Certificate, the few that have been reported by Funsters as charging £75 or less - the ‘Good Guys’ - are now listed below:

1. Paul Jarman Veterinary Surgeries, Norfolk. £50

https://www.jarmanvets.co.uk/

2. Ruddington Vets, Nottinghamshire. £54

https://ruddingtonvets.co.uk/

3. Priors Leaze Vets, West Sussex. £65

https://www.priorsleazevets.co.uk/

4. Andre Cirone of Pets Abroad UK, Surrey. £75

https://petsabroaduk.co.uk/contact-us/

Please only add to this thread if you know of other vets charging £75 or less for an Animal Health Certificate (inc consultation). Thank you. :Smile:
Paul jarman vets in Norfolk AHC charge is £145 I would check before booking at any vets

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Paul jarman vets in Norfolk AHC charge is £145 I would check before booking at any vets
The post you have quoted is over 2 years old. All the vets mentioned in that opening post have increased their prices since then.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks
Do you mean how long before you return to Uk with the passport and booster jab done in Spain? As ling as the booster is before the current rabies expires you are OK. It is only the primary (first rabies jab) that the 21 day wait applies to.
If you don’t get it boosted before the old one expires, then you will have to wait 21 days before returning.

Sep 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T494
Exp
4 weeks!
Sadly its RIP off Britain again. We have sadly lost of 2 loving Black Labradors, however I had no intention of taking them abroad due to the fact that other people have French or other EU Pet passports that live in the UK.. HGood on them but it just shows how unlevel the playing field is. My mate travels via Ireland to the EU, but that another story!!!

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Not within £75. Shopped round vets near Wakefield/ Leeds. £87.50 best I could get at Dales Vets, Otley. Lovely vet too. Our usual vet quoted £250. Another £60 for the Rabies jab.
Just used the same vets for our 3 dogs, costs we saved on ahc against our usual vets is paying for the passport to be done in Belgium and some wine, win win

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Can someone point me to the vets in Donegal for the pet passport.

Thanks

👍

Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
Having just read with dismay at the cash cow prices for a AHC I am left confused. Is there anybody currenty doing one in the Derbyshire area that anybody knows about, and what is the story about getting a eu passport, we use a reasonable vet for the return journey in France., Could they be used to make a passport or do you need a french address as well ?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Having just read with dismay at the cash cow prices for a AHC I am left confused. Is there anybody currenty doing one in the Derbyshire area that anybody knows about, and what is the story about getting a eu passport, we use a reasonable vet for the return journey in France., Could they be used to make a passport or do you need a french address as well ?
Can’t help with the Derbyshire vet but it is extremely unlikely that you will find a French vet to issue a pet passport.

Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
Unfortunately Paul Jarman Veterinary Surgeries, Norfolk. Is now charging £110 (August 2021)

I have discovered that many vets are feeling embarrassed about being greedy crooks and are trying to pretend that DEFRA is making a charge of £100 - £200 to register a certificate once the vet has done their 15 – 20 minutes of work.

Anyone know of an honest vet in Norfolk?
To be fair, blatant profiteering is not dishonest.

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
We found the easiest way was to get a AHC used Abbeywell. Then whilst in the EU find a vet that will issue an EU pet passport. You can not use the EU pet passport to return as they will need to give a new rabies injection which has to be for 1y. We were told in Spain they can not give the first rabies jab for any longer than 1y. Collected EU passport. Used the AHC to return. Then you now have 12 months to revisit EU and get a 3y jab which we did a few months later. Do not let any UK vet write anything in the EU passport.

Jul 4, 2021
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
A class pegaso 590
Exp
4 years
Payed £180 vet told me to get a passport for the dog when I got to Portugal 🇵🇹 45Euro used it 3 times no trouble at all and free only the charge for the tapeworm pill 💊 coming home, I now get the dog’s yearly injectons in Spain, it’s also cheaper

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back