Animal Health Certificate charges - the Good Guys (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
5. Vets4Pets, County Road, Hull, E Yorks: £33.00 consultation + £12.50 AHC = £45.50 (assume for 1 pet but may cover more)

They are charging £12.50 for the AHC plus a consultation which is £33.00 - he didn't ask if the AHC charge was for a single dog or not so I'm assuming it's per dog, although happy to be 'surprised' by them if it's just per certificate (up to 5 dogs).
Let's hope all branches same price as when we enquired a while back were unable to confirm a price

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 19, 2018
Funster No
Did you not have to get Rabies Vaccine??
Our dog has an EU passport. We had to renew the rabies vaccine this year. Our UK vet refused to sign the passport as it's an EU document so we now have a separate piece of paper. Of course we could take the dog to France and get a rabies vacc there but they don't last as long and we would have to get the AHC to get into France...

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The vet we used was happy to just transfer over the rabies info, but we actually asked for a booster as it was required in less than 4 months time anyway. The rabies booster was €40, so cheaper than our vet. BUT all future rabies jabs will have to be done by an EU vet, every three years.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The vet we used was happy to just transfer over the rabies info, but we actually asked for a booster as it was required in less than 4 months time anyway. The rabies booster was €40, so cheaper than our vet. BUT all future rabies jabs will have to be done by an EU vet, every three years.
Which vets did you use ?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Our dog has an EU passport. We had to renew the rabies vaccine this year. Our UK vet refused to sign the passport as it's an EU document so we now have a separate piece of paper. Of course we could take the dog to France and get a rabies vacc there but they don't last as long and we would have to get the AHC to get into France...
Many/most French vets offer 3-year rabies booster. If you contact them in advance, and ask, they will confirm to you what they offer👍

Djenks

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
Prestbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t 564
Exp
We had to pay £150 per dog early in June (absolute rip off). Annoying thing is that you only ever have to produce the new documentation as you leave the UK. On mainland Europe very few places are concerned about any paperwork. Moreover no one here understands the new documentation. They only want to see our animal passports from last year.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The AHC was of interest to the French vets we showed it too. Don’t think had ever seen one before.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Putting together information from links on various threads, I have come to the conclusion that, for us, Belgium is the place to get our new EU passports. Vets appear to be permitted and happy to issue new EU passports to UK dogs and transfer the info over from UK passports without giving a booster. Additionally, Nobivac is licensed for 3 years in Belgium.

Our two dogs have always had 3 yearly Nobivac in the UK and last had boosters 8 months and 11 months ago. I would prefer that they don't have another booster so soon. Belgium appears to offer us EU passports on the same footing as our old UK ones. We hope to go over next week and I have made an appointment with Caroline Nélis, vet in Jurbise, nr Mons. http://www.vet-nelis.be/indexUK.html

Germany also licences Nobivac for 3 years but anecdotal evidence appears to suggest that vets will only provide EU passports with boosters.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We hope to go over next week and I have made an appointment with Caroline Nélis, vet in Jurbise, nr Mons. http://www.vet-nelis.be/indexUK.html
I remember that name from the Research Project thread. Please let us know how you get on. :Smile:

It would be very useful to have the details of vets that Funsters have recently used to obtain EU Pet Passports in one place, rather than scattered about in various threads. Jim has created the Local Guide which has a Vets section, but so far only for France.

I will start a new thread in the Pets forum where those Funsters who have actually obtained an EU Pet Passport since Brexit can post the details of the vets they used.

ColvicMS

Free Member
Aug 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
JUST LOOKING
The Actual vet charges thread has become so lengthy that it is difficult to pick out useful information. With most vets charging well over £100 for an Animal Health Certificate, the few that have been reported by Funsters as charging £75 or less - the ‘Good Guys’ - are now listed below:

1. Paul Jarman Veterinary Surgeries, Norfolk. £50

https://www.jarmanvets.co.uk/

2. Ruddington Vets, Nottinghamshire. £54

https://ruddingtonvets.co.uk/

3. Priors Leaze Vets, West Sussex. £65

https://www.priorsleazevets.co.uk/

4. Andre Cirone of Pets Abroad UK, Surrey. £75

https://petsabroaduk.co.uk/contact-us/

Please only add to this thread if you know of other vets charging £75 or less for an Animal Health Certificate (inc consultation). Thank you. :Smile:
Unfortunately Paul Jarman Veterinary Surgeries, Norfolk. Is now charging £110 (August 2021)

I have discovered that many vets are feeling embarrassed about being greedy crooks and are trying to pretend that DEFRA is making a charge of £100 - £200 to register a certificate once the vet has done their 15 – 20 minutes of work.

Anyone know of an honest vet in Norfolk?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Unfortunately Paul Jarman Veterinary Surgeries, Norfolk. Is now charging £110 (August 2021)

I have discovered that many vets are feeling embarrassed about being greedy crooks and are trying to pretend that DEFRA is making a charge of £100 - £200 to register a certificate once the vet has done their 15 – 20 minutes of work.

Anyone know of an honest vet in Norfolk?
The ‘Good Guys’ thread was started back in February and things have changed since then.

From what I’ve read tho’ I suspect that Paul Jarman is still one of the more reasonably priced vets for AHCs.

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
For information we have just used Best Friends Group, Broadway, Peterborough and paid £160 for AHC. I did complain and was initially told it "was the government that set the price". When I put the receptionist right about that myth the vet said it was Head Office. He scanned the chip in the dog, asked when we were leaving and then said he would fill the form in. 15 to 20 mins tops. I think they are trying to earn as much as premier league footballers!!

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Just received our Cert. from Warsash Village Vets. £180 for the two dogs as I was quoted £90 each at the time of booking three weeks ago. They are now charging £150 per dog as they say it is just not economic. They don't really want to do them, but they have clients who travel, and she doesn't want to stop them taking their pets. She did add that as we are close to Portsmouth, she has had to 'correct' the work of some vets when people have been refused travel!

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Hi
did she mention the type of errors made. I am getting one done on Monday so am keen on error free cert.
tk

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Hi
did she mention the type of errors made. I am getting one done on Monday so am keen on error free cert.
tk
I mentioned this to her and she was familiar with it already! Here's a recent forum post.

Hi all we were turned away from Portsmouth Britannia Docks today Friday
The forms were all completed correctly and signed stamped correctly, an additional page of a copy of the dogs pet passport page of Rabies vaccine (page 8 of 32 in the Pet Passport) was attached signed and stamped as page 10.
What was missing?
In the vets guidance from DEFRA page 3 it states.
The certificate must also be accompanied by OV certified copies of:
* the identification and vaccination details (e.g. a copy of relevant sections of a vaccination card/pet passport)
So you say What was missing?
Even though our dogs micro chip number was on all the documentation and they scanned her for the micro chip number and that was correct.
They wanted a copy the pet passport page with her Pet Passport page 6 for her micro chip details.
The silly thing is they the authorities say the Pet Passport is not acceptable (but copy signed by the vet is)?
So we rushed back to the Vets 50 miles missed the Ferry The vet has had to re do all and add a Page 11 to the new document.
We have now booked again for Sunday as there are no pet cabins left on Saturday's ferry.

The guidance from DEFRA should have read.
* A) the identification and B) vaccination details (e.g. a copy of relevant sections of a vaccination card/pet passport)

Reactions: tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
I mentioned this to her and she was familiar with it already! Here's a recent forum post.

Hi all we were turned away from Portsmouth Britannia Docks today Friday
The forms were all completed correctly and signed stamped correctly, an additional page of a copy of the dogs pet passport page of Rabies vaccine (page 8 of 32 in the Pet Passport) was attached signed and stamped as page 10.
What was missing?
In the vets guidance from DEFRA page 3 it states.
* the identification and vaccination details (e.g. a copy of relevant sections of a vaccination card/pet passport)
So you say What was missing?
Even though our dogs micro chip number was on all the documentation and they scanned her for the micro chip number and that was correct.
They wanted a copy the pet passport page with her Pet Passport page 6 for her micro chip details.
The silly thing is they the authorities say the Pet Passport is not acceptable (but copy signed by the vet is)?
So we rushed back to the Vets 50 miles missed the Ferry The vet has had to re do all and add a Page 11 to the new document.
We have now booked again for Sunday as there are no pet cabins left on Saturday's ferry.

The guidance from DEFRA should have read.
* A) the identification and B) vaccination details (e.g. a copy of relevant sections of a vaccination card/pet passport)
Thanks, Ill pre-empt that one, Do you know of any others?
TK

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
The Actual vet charges thread has become so lengthy that it is difficult to pick out useful information. With most vets charging well over £100 for an Animal Health Certificate, the few that have been reported by Funsters as charging £75 or less - the ‘Good Guys’ - are now listed below:

1. Paul Jarman Veterinary Surgeries, Norfolk. £50

https://www.jarmanvets.co.uk/

2. Ruddington Vets, Nottinghamshire. £54

https://ruddingtonvets.co.uk/

3. Priors Leaze Vets, West Sussex. £65

https://www.priorsleazevets.co.uk/

https://petsabroaduk.co.uk/contact-us/

Please only add to this thread if you know of other vets charging £75 or less for an Animal Health Certificate (inc consultation). Thank you. :Smile:

https://petsabroaduk.co.uk/contact-us/ is no longer offering this service

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
Update on one of the previous good guys.Priors Leaze Vets quoted me £65 earlier this year.Today they said it would be £175.
I have now booked an appointment with PassPets 26 Langstone High Street,Havant PO9 1RY.They charge £98 .The initial paperwork is emailed to you to fill in the details with photos of current passport info.
They have good feedback.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back