Android Tablet (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7086f
Exp
Hi you teck guys does anyone use there Lenovo Android tablet for a sat nav If so would appreciate information on how to do this

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I use a Samsung android tablet as a sat nav, just use Google Maps.
I also have Sygic sat nav app but prefer GM
Should work the same as a Lenovo assuming it has a GPS module in it ?

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
It will have a GPS module in it. It will work fine. There are offline maps you can buy like TomTom Navigator free.
Only trouble I have had with tablets is that when navigating then they are power hungry and will run flat even when plugged in to USB. Google maps can seriously use data as well.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2016
Ashford
Funster No
MH
Frankia A 680
Exp
Since Oct 2016
We have a Lenovo Yoga tablet which JUST fits in the pop up clipboard thingie on the dash. We run Sygic Truck with traffic updates which seems pretty reliable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Maps.me is a good free android app that will do as a sat nav on a tablet. Just download it and then down load the area's you need so it will work offline.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Maps.me is a good free android app that will do as a sat nav on a tablet. Just download it and then down load the area's you need so it will work offline.
Yep, maps.me i used in past and couple of months ago in Wales. Recently couldn't find sat nag so grabbed tablet, slight problem only had map of wales (new sd card) so above advice load the area you need is vital.especialy if you have no means to on the move. used to have in van for a wider view than sat nag.

Upvote 1

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
There are several apps available and most are free for the first so many days. I use IGO as I liked the interface and the way it shows complicated junctions in advance. You can also put in the size and weight of your vehicle. However it doesn't always take the route I would choose so I always look at the alternatives before setting off.

I just download the maps I need as I need them so have the UK, some European maps and Washington State (US West Coast) as we hired a car when we were there.

I would try a few apps and see which one you like.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It will have a GPS module in it. It will work fine. There are offline maps you can buy like TomTom Navigator free.
Only trouble I have had with tablets is that when navigating then they are power hungry and will run flat even when plugged in to USB. Google maps can seriously use data as well.
We found that and got a better USB cable which obviously pushes more power through so keeps it running much longer.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back