DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
And don’t forget Kim H who pointed out the thread for you to get in touch with Pete .....;):D

Yes definite thanks Kim, I can maybe repay with some of my new found understanding

We have a fan we didn't know about, mounted in the area where the cassette would go, to move air around, tied in with the pump, if pump runs so does the fan, now the pump is near silent we can hear this fan running :LOL:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I think it could be Truma Saphire air con David. Hymer's layout design on your van, and on later ones including the S830 installed the air con unit beneath the Alde boiler. If MH manufacturers had to adhere to IEEE regs then placing a water boiler above an electrical air con unit, without sealing both units independently would never have been allowed. Ingress of water from the Alde to the Truma is a well known problem on this forum.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We have a fan we didn't know about mounted in the area where the cassette would go, to move air around, tied in with the pump, if pump runs so does the fan, now the pump is near silent we can hear this fan running

We have that same fan. Can’t say we’ve noticed it running, but maybe that’s because our pump is now noisier than yours :LOL:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Decided to stick to ginger beer after your troubles

I did take a wander down to the caravan which appears to be abandoned there are a few Calor cylinders behind it that are tempting :LOL:

In amongst the tons of rubbish they have also left :(

We’re you parked in the Alde car park or on the road? Inside the locked barrier seems nice and secure (y)

In the Alde car park David, if you remember someone on here told me to shut the barrier when it was all going off but you said don't as it will just inflame them.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
In the Alde car park David, if you remember someone on here told me to shut the barrier when it was all going off but you said don't as it will just inflame them.

I had created an image of you sat outside of the Alde site, with a ,large grassed area and all this going off

Now at least I know you were relatively isolated from the open road, I now think you should have gone over and closed the barrier as they wouldn't have seen you do it (y):LOL:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Not exactly sure what the exact question is but if you go in to the small section of the Alde controller by mistake it is very easy to inadvertently not only put the fan into 12v operation but also to constant, it’s happened a few times with us due to not wearing glasses, get the manual out and check the settings on your controller, or give me a specific question.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not exactly sure what the exact question is but if you go in to the small section of the Alde controller by mistake it is very easy to inadvertently not only put the fan into 12v operation but also to constant, it’s happened a few times with us due to not wearing glasses, get the manual out and check the settings on your controller, or give me a specific question.

hopefully no longer a problem for me following todays service visit, I have upgraded from this

IMG_3110.JPG

to this

IMG_3111.JPG

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
hopefully no longer a problem for me following todays service visit, I have upgraded from this

View attachment 302595

to this

View attachment 302596
Let me know how you get on and if it’s fully upgradeable, mine works fine but it’s a fiddle to alter settings so I don’t bother unless I have to!(n)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Last time you had a pair of glasses you asked me to fill them with gin :whistle::whistle::D

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I found Phil to be really helpful and forthcoming with information.
There was a caravan parked round the corner, but wasn't a problem.
I think a few companies could learn from their work ethic and attitude to customers.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Looks great David
How long until the fluid needs changing again?

Apparently there are 2 grades of ‘stuff’ they use, one needs changing after 2 years the other after 5, Alde only use the 5 year option

I have also been given a bottle of stuff to top up as needed, apparently a couple of large egg cups a year would be quite typical for ‘consumption

I have also learnt that they are fully sealed and not a service item as such, other than the fluid drain down when it is also inspected inside

Also in answer to my own question about naked flame and refuelling, it is all sealed and even if gases were drawn in, the system would shut down before igniting.

I hope Phil is still there in 5 years, although I am also sure the service training level will be maintained going forward regardless (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Apparently there are 2 grades of ‘stuff’ they use, one needs changing after 2 years the other after 5, Alde only use the 5 year option

I have also been given a bottle of stuff to top up as needed, apparently a couple of large egg cups a year would be quite typical for ‘consumption

I have also learnt that they are fully sealed and not a service item as such, other than the fluid drain down when it is also inspected inside

Also in answer to my own question about naked flame and refuelling, it is all sealed and even if gases were drawn in, the system would shut down before igniting.

I hope Phil is still there in 5 years, although I am also sure the service training level will be maintained going forward regardless (y)
Is the fluid pink or blue David ?
The stuff in our system is blue but the Alde top up fluid is pink

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Is the fluid pink or blue David ?
The stuff in our system is blue but the Alde top up fluid is pink

All pink in ours, I would suggest from what Phil said you may have the two year ‘stuff’ not 5 o_O

The ‘top up’ was given from the same drum they used to refill ours, given free as I had an empty plastic 1 litre bottle that he filled for me

The couloir is not easy to see in the header tank due to dilution but was definitely was filled with same as the top up, they only have pink on site

92C27150-EA66-4CF2-8D3A-5653EFC527C8.jpeg

8223D492-6992-42CD-95C9-78218D9BFDDC.jpeg

Edit Alde added the markers, max and min, but quite OK to be at min when not in use

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
All pink in ours, I would suggest from what Phil said you may have the two year ‘stuff’ not 5 o_O

The ‘top up’ was given from the same drum they used to refill ours, given free as I had an empty plastic 1 litre bottle that he filled for me

The couloir is not easy to see in the header tank due to dilution but was definitely was filled with same as the top up, they only have pink on site

View attachment 302641

View attachment 302642

Though I’m guessing your original fluid hasn’t been changed since new?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
That looks much more user friendly. I need glasses and to stand on a step to see ours (the same as your old control pannel).

It’s a touch screen controller now, I really can believe how easy it is to use :)

I got lucky and bought mine on here, not sure what the price would be from Alde but if yours should fail I would consider an upgrade rather than mend (y)

Wish I had done mine 6 years ago

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
ALDE have quoted us £204 for the new panel.

We are booked in for a service on 22nd May and will decide on the day if we are going for the panel or not.

Thanks for doing this thread, it spurred me on to book ours in, have been meaning to do it for ages.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
ALDE have quoted us £204 for the new panel.

We are booked in for a service on 22nd May and will decide on the day if we are going for the panel or not.

Thanks for doing this thread, it spurred me on to book ours in, have been meaning to do it for ages.

isn't it great reading about a company that care and treat customers well ....... almost makes me wish I had an alde system:D

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

View attachment 302641

View attachment 302642

Edit Alde added the markers, max and min, but quite OK to be at min when not in use
What happens when you press that big red button??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back