Alde my own service thread (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
they also wish they fitted their own systems, they don't get many in for service that don't need fairly serious sorting of some kind o_O

Then your thread and @CazPaul original one can only be good for publicizing them(y)

What happens when you press that big red button??

It's not a button is it - isn't it the pic of the pink top up fluid;) have you been on the pop celebrating David:LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Then your thread and @CazPaul original one can only be good for publicizing them(y)

It's not a button is it - isn't it the pic of the pink top up fluid;) have you been on the pop celebrating David:LOL:
How do you know? It could have been............ :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
you are not taking this return to work seriously enough Dave, don't you have a paper to write or something :)(y)

and it definitely isn't a button BTW :LOL:
Yes, working on torturing 50 Greek shipowners to death by powerpoint...... they have to stay as I am not letting the hotel open the free bar and food until after I have finished :rofl:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
@DavidG58 how long were they working on your van for please? We are in for our service tomorrow and just wondering how to kill time etc.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Good thread to read. I am off to Alde tomorrow for a Tuesday service.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We had virtually a copycat experience of Davids. Probably the same bill as well! :eek:

Service with a smile and the knowledge of their systems was an impressive thing, including the van they were working on.

We ended up having the more robust inline pump fitted too, replacement control panel fitted, they even threw in a new front frame for the panel, as our second hand one had a few scratches in it.

We dropped of the van at 8:30 and got it back at 4pm. Thr extra timd was because they had replaced a joint by the boiler as it was weeping slightly and the new joint was faulty, this meant another replacement and another couple of bleeds of the system.

Total bill £530, plus £5500 for the new bikes we eventually bought, after seeing them while window shopping, waiting for the van. :eek::eek::eek::eek::whistle:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Going back today for service tomorrow, can’t believe it was five years ago it was serviced , but a lot has happened since

We have noticed our MH doesn’t get as warm as it used to, particularly the underfloor sections , hoping it’s just an airlock and will be easily fixed

I am stopping overnight again so they can make an early start

Price has jumped up a lot in 5 years, I will read back through my own thread later, but think I paid about £250 last time, been quoted £400 this time

I will report back tomorrow , but hoping to get the same excellent standard of service as five years ago 👍

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Here, parked up ready for the morning , on their hook up , photos virtually identical to five years ago

IMG_1971.jpeg

IMG_1970.jpeg

Only real difference they now issue the code for the padlock so nobody needs to come out

Great work ethic here, I know from last time they start early, but at 4.20 car park is empty and locked

Biggest difference to be confirmed tomorrow, the fluid change at first visit was £200 inc VAT, been quoted £400 +. VAT this time . Apparently they charge more for A class MH’s not really sure why but I will enquire why tomorrow , compared to other costs of ownership it still doesn’t seem unreasonable

I am off for a walk, got my steps to do for today , for anybody who might have missed my appeal 🤔 :whistle2: 😁

Following my diagnosis for stage 3 prostate cancer last month

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Here, parked up ready for the morning , on their hook up , photos virtually identical to five years a

Biggest difference to be confirmed tomorrow, the fluid change at first visit was £200 inc VAT, been quoted £400 +. VAT this time . Apparently they charge more for A class MH’s not really sure why but I will enquire why tomorrow , compared to other costs of ownership it still doesn’t seem unreasonable
I recognise that. We were there just before the Xmas lockdown in 2020.

I suspect the charge more for A classes because lots more bleed valves are involved. I am sure that they missed some from ours because when I started using it I had to keep topping up until all the air was gone.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Ours is booked in there in May, wow that’s gone up a lot then.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I've had this discussion a few times in the intervening period, and as far as I can ascertain it depends on which part of Germany you re from - a bit like scon and skone ( my best effort at phonetics :LOL:)

Ive also had 2 Germans disagreeing about the home town of N&B - one calling it Polch but the other pronouncing it Polk.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
doesnt anyone change their own fluids anymore? Its not a difficult job to do if mobility etc is good, lots of youtube videos to show how. you just need a 12v pump and a bit of pipework PLUS the correct fluids of course!

our previous Moho had Alde and it was so much better than the Truma we now have. The Truma works, dont get me wrong, but in my opinion the Alde was so much better, especially for balanced heat around the whole of the motorhome and more so if anyone comes in/out of the door, it retained the heat !!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I've had this discussion a few times in the intervening period, and as far as I can ascertain it depends on which part of Germany you re from - a bit like scon and skone ( my best effort at phonetics :LOL:)

Ive also had 2 Germans disagreeing about the home town of N&B - one calling it Polch but the other pronouncing it Polk.
My assumption was based on how Erwin and his family pronounce their surname, not that I have ever met them 😂. But on visiting the Erwin Hymer museum a few years back it was made very clear that the pronunciation was Humer, the staff made a point in correcting me.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
doesnt anyone change their own fluids anymore? Its not a difficult job to do if mobility etc is good, lots of youtube videos to show how. you just need a 12v pump and a bit of pipework PLUS the correct fluids of course!

I definitely lack the skills and tools needed, I can’t even bleed it successfully 🤔

But my last visit I only paid about £100 labour and £100 for the fluid, I also had some extra work done, this time the price has jumped up and might justify paying more attention to what they do ready for 2029 👍

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yep, I do Dave using the correct spec G12+ coolant, and distilled water, which I get from Euro Car Parts. (y)

DavidG58. I hope today's Alde servicing goes well David (y) and the very best of wishes to you, with conquering the big C. :hugs:

Respect,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
For those that have been here before I am pleased to say that Phil is still in charge of the workshop and is doing my job today 👍

Work scheduled to finish half 12 and I will be given a talk through of what’s been done and found , hopefully including a reason why the under floor no longer heats and how they fixed it. There is no access to check any pipe work and Phils first impression was that there are no pipes going under the floor 🤔 but he does believe me it used to get warm, it was Lola’s favourite spot 🙂🌈

I have taken the opportunity of the early start to get my steps in already 🙂

Now in training room having a drink and a rest

IMG_1976.jpeg

IMG_1974.png

IMG_1974.png

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Yep, I do Dave using the correct spec G12+ coolant, and distilled water, which I get from Euro Car Parts. (y)

Perhaps you should offer up your 'knowledge' and that of anyone else who offers, to anyone thinking of doing their own at a rally somewhere ?? 😁😁😁

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have underfoor heating 😁👍

We also have more panels removed than I knew could be removed 🤔😳 so job will take a bit longer due to rebuild, but all in fixed price, but Phil did add, this is why we charge more for A class work

We have a TRV, although Phil called it something else, wasn’t working, hence panel removal to take top of TRV off as it’s ’cleverly’ built under the wardrobe floor with just enough showing to turn but not remove

As soon as removed pipes beyond valve got warm and now so is the floor 😁👍

He is looking for a spare, but thinks now blown clean with air it is OK, other option is to just leave top of valve off. I don’t fancy stripping things down this far to take it off later if it doesn’t work

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Perhaps you should offer up your 'knowledge' and that of anyone else who offers, to anyone thinking of doing their own at a rally somewhere ?? 😁😁😁
Whilst it's a job I am willing to tackle on our MH Dave, inasmuch that if I get it wrong I've only got myself to blame, I'd really rather not work on someone else's, but happy to discuss the job and assist where possible. ;)

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back