LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just got back from Lincoln Show Yesterday and wrote my list of things to do for today,as i leave next week for my winter trip.
Last year spent 4 months in Portugal and planned to go to Morocco but c&cc my insurer would not issue a green card so ended up not going.
Got back to UK end of March ,Insurance was up 6th April. Shopped around to find an Insurer that would issue a green card for Morocco for Jan 2020.

Adrian Flux is the Insurer i changed to. Policy with Trinity Lane,no probs with a green card just had to give them the dates of travel later.
So today phoned up with my travel dates ,mid Jan until early March for Morocco.
The reply Sorry Trinity Lane don't issue green cards for Morocco. Well you can guess my response to that and to put the boot in they quoted me £450 for a policy to cover the trip.

I told them where to go!!! . To the telephone recording end of March and listen to it.
They got back to me this afternoon. Yes it had been discussed but not put in writing on the next call when i took out the policy.What a cop out ,the green card was the reason i took out the policy with them.

They also told me ,even though my Policy cert has a green card on the reverse side they now have to issue a Green Card with Foreign Use Confirmation Dates on it in order to be covered.
That was for individual Countries i intended to travel to ,Not for the whole of the EU. So another Green Card with France,Spain and Portugal along with the trip duration dates has been posted to me today. What a bag of Sh***

This comes into effect from 25th October i was told. So just a warning if anyone is heading over the water check if your Green Card conditions Have changed with your insurer .
So now don't know about Morocco i have to look at other options, a bit late in the day to start a search and change Insurers .
May have to check out Insurance at the border.

Cheers Cris.

OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Don't know what happened to my other post ???
Thanks for your reply i am keeping an eye on another post going on at the moment.
Cheers Cris.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Just got back from Lincoln Show Yesterday and wrote my list of things to do for today,as i leave next week for my winter trip.
Last year spent 4 months in Portugal and planned to go to Morocco but c&cc my insurer would not issue a green card so ended up not going.
Got back to UK end of March ,Insurance was up 6th April. Shopped around to find an Insurer that would issue a green card for Morocco for Jan 2020.

Adrian Flux is the Insurer i changed to. Policy with Trinity Lane,no probs with a green card just had to give them the dates of travel later.
The reply Sorry Trinity Lane don't issue green cards for Morocco. Well you can guess my response to that and to put the boot in they quoted me £450 for a policy to cover the trip.

I told them where to go!!! . To the telephone recording end of March and listen to it.
They got back to me this afternoon. Yes it had been discussed but not put in writing on the next call when i took out the policy.What a cop out ,the green card was the reason i took out the policy with them.

They also told me ,even though my Policy cert has a green card on the reverse side they now have to issue a Green Card with Foreign Use Confirmation Dates on it in order to be covered.
That was for individual Countries i intended to travel to ,Not for the whole of the EU. So another Green Card with France,Spain and Portugal along with the trip duration dates has been posted to me today. What a bag of Sh***

This comes into effect from 25th October i was told. So just a warning if anyone is heading over the water check if your Green Card conditions Have changed with your insurer .
So now don't know about Morocco i have to look at other options, a bit late in the day to start a search and change Insurers .

Cheers Cris.

I'm sorry your having hassle but maybe you should have done a search t renewal time, Insurance for Morocco has been done to death on the various Morocco threads many times

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
jongood.
Did you read Pugsy OP.

He DID the necessary at renewal time and has been shafted royally by AF.
There isn't a barge pole made that would make me go with that shower.
They shafted my FIL with his static ins.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
jongood.
Did you read Pugsy OP.

He DID the necessary at renewal time and has been shafted royally by AF.
There isn't a barge pole made that would make me go with that shower.
They shafted my FIL with his static ins.
i did read it and pretty sure Adrian Flux was mentioned in the other thread as not offering cover. Although unable to check right now.

The point is it has come up over and over again but people dont check, similarly all these people not knowing the difference between a motorway and camping car aire.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
i did read it and pretty sure Adrian Flux was mentioned in the other thread as not offering cover. Although unable to check right now.

The point is it has come up over and over again but people dont check, similarly all these people not knowing the difference between a motorway and camping car aire.

I know this forum is good and full of information, but surely the right place to check is with the insurer, which is exactly what was done.

Anything written on here risks being out of date the moment the post button is pressed.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I did change to comfort to get green card for Morocco a few years ago.
Now I'm struggling to get a european green card from my present insurers.
I don't understand why Morocco is such a high risk on the foreign office info, which is what I assume underwriters are basing their decisions on.
If it was so risky why are motorhomers returning??

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Adrian Flux is an insurance broker, not an insurer. Why not go back to them and source a policy which suits you better?

Jan 17, 2010
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach740SE
Exp
Since 2006
Its interesting that if you live in France Morocco cover is automatically provided as Morocco is a protecorate, I wonder if there any French insurance companies that cover uk vehicles, they may be more inclined to issue green cards for Morocco.
I have gotten Green Cards thru Adrian Flux but not with a Trinity lane policy, it has always been a seperate policy at around 3 times the cost of getting it at the border. This is for 4x4s not a motorhome.
The interesting thing is that border insurance in Morocco include breakdown recovery insurance which is quite handy.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

It must be really nice to know everything. Apart from how to display empathy

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We were let down (I felt shafted at the time) by our then current insurers when I needed to increase our annual mileage to get us to Norway, could only add 2K miles

Brokers proposal was to start a new policy early

We did this but not through them

Might be an option for you depending on when you are thinking of crossing to Morocco, you can renew just before you travel with one that offers the cover you need ?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Its interesting that if you live in France Morocco cover is automatically provided as Morocco is a protecoratethey may be more inclined to issue green cards for Morocco.
I have gotten Green Cards thru Adrian Flux but not with a Trinity lane policy, it has always been a seperate policy at around 3 times the cost of getting it at the border. This is for 4x4s not a motorhome.
The interesting thing is that border insurance in Morocco include breakdown recovery insurance which is quite handy.
I doubt you will find any French insurers that will insure non French registered vehicles and if they do, they might cover you for 3 months while you move to France and re register your vehicle there.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It must be really nice to know everything. Apart from how to display empathy

Sorry Jim, it wasnt meant to be unsympathetic. more an advisor for next time. This subject has been done a lot afterall.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jim
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Cheers Cris.

Apologies Pugsy I wasnt intending to put you off. just trying to be helpful for the future

Jon

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry Jim, it wasnt meant to be unsympathetic. more an advisor for next time. This subject has been done a lot afterall.

No worries, (y)

It's because we don't tell newbies to RTFM or use the search function that we have grown popular and have a reputation for friendliness (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Cheers Cris.

Chris, this post will soon be lost among 3 million others, so please leave a review of the company....its really simple you can just cut and paste your post here. Many thanks https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/reviews/adrian-flux.34/

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Don't like Adrian flux I've been stung with them twice in the past once on a vw camper van and the second time by one of their sub companies bike direct on my Suzuki bandit.

I vowed I would never entertain them again

OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for that there is another tread going on at the moment about the border insurance and i am keeping an eye on that.
Looks like i am doomed not to go ,third year in a row something has come up .
This year i hoped would be my first trip, but who knows.
I have read alot of great info on here ,but thought i had covered it prior to renewing in April.Only changed to Adrian Flux as they told me the policy i was taking did issue a green card for Morocco.
I am already on my way so changing policy would be a hassle now.
I have to wait another few days as the green card they sent out today had the wrong travel dates on it.
Again thanks all for your replies, off out now for a few beers with a fellow motorhomer before i move on.

Cheers Cris.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
If what the original poster states is correct, it sounds like a clear case of mis-selling. I would be approaching the insurance ombudsman seeking compensation for the extra costs incurred in obtaining the green card that was promised when the policy was sold. I would tell the broker beforehand that I was doing this, in order to give them a chance to first correct their mistake.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back