A Question re Worming Tablets

Discussion in 'Pets' started by emjaiuk, Aug 10, 2017.

1. boxerdog

boxerdog Funster

Ratings:
    +18
    we dose ours by using cheap chicken roll started by giving a couple of slices then after a few days wrap the tablet around a couple of slices with the larger tablet type broke into a couple of pieces worked a treat with ours.

• Like it Like it x 1
  2. TerryL

TerryL Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +2,450
    Yes we've discovered that works for our Westie too - it's part of our lunchtime routine now. By that I mean he gets a slice of whatever we're having most lunchtime and doesn't notice if we slip a halved tablet into it when it's due.

Which reminds me...........

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Ratings:
    +12,758
    WE coat it in a nice slab of butter, stick it down her throat as far as we can, close her mouth and stroke her chin for a minute and the jobs a good un.

4. Tykatem

Tykatem Funster

Ratings:
    +2,857
    Our dogs will not take any chewy tablets, not their idea of a treat. Luckily Milbemax are also in a pill form which I just place at the back of their tongues. They are not fooled by any pills wrapped in anything, they just eat the wrapping and spit out the pill, they are instantly suspicious of dairylea or similar cheese after being 'fooled' once in the past.

Milbemax are acceptable by Defra

Wendy

5. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +4,504
    I crush the tablet and put in on bacon.
    When i went to the french vet this year, they gave her a worming injection which was a lot easier.