Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
IMG_1052.jpeg

Flamenco in Seville last night.

IMG_1058.jpeg

A light show in the gardens of the Real Alcázar seen from the rooftop bar of the adjacent Alfaro Restaurant. Fun fact the wrought iron ‘Rosina’s Balcony’ on the same building is said to have been the inspiration for ‘The Barber of Seville’.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
You could get a lot of solar on that roof. Just saying like. (y)

We've had it 8 years. Been all over in it. Got a 100 ah battery and only once had a problem that required a new leisure battery.
It never fails to amaze me what people use to need so much solar, lithium etc.( other than visiting cold miserable dark places)

The solar panel is 23 years old

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
There is a PVC up the site with a FUN reg......................don't know if he is on this forum. Not had chance to say hi. Think he might be Scottish as he has a blue and white cross thing sticker on the back of his van.
Bob, there are loads of us on Villasol, with 3 x FUN members in our little cul de sac alone. ;)
If it's the black PVC up in the 500s with a FUN Reg No, then yes they are members, but no, they are not Scottish.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Pembroke Dock has changed a bit since then. There's traffic lights now, and everything! :LOL:

(Seriously, when I moved to Pembrokeshire in 1996 there wasn't a single set of traffic lights across the whole county)!

(In 2023, we still don't have a single mile of dual carriageway in the county, never mind motorway). 👍
I grew up in Pembroke Dock until I was 18 and then went to university in 1983 and have lived in England since ( Bristol and London).

Still love Pembroke Dock though - warts and all(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
I grew up in Pembroke Dock until I was 18 and then went to university in 1983 and have lived in England since ( Bristol and London).

Still love Pembroke Dock though - warts and all(y)
Pembroke Dock is a typical port town with all that goes with it. Friendly locals though and an interesting history. I've a soft spot for it too.

Like most non-tourist areas in Pembroke it is struggling economically and needs regeneration. Hopefully the Celtic Freeport initiative announced last year will bring in the promised investment.

Do you get back much?

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
I try to. Maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

My Mum and Dad still live in Pembroke and my brother lives in Llanreath.

God willing, I will retire there. Probably not toPembroke Dock but that area.
When the sun is shining in Pembrokeshire
(a rarity these days), there's nowhere better!

This was Newgale yesterday. ☀️

PXL_20240322_112800106.jpg

PXL_20240322_122505165.jpg

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When the sun is shining in Pembrokeshire
(a rarity these days), there's nowhere better!

This was Newgale yesterday. ☀️

View attachment 878529

View attachment 878530
Many, many years ago, while trying to encourage friends to go camping with us we spent a weekend on the camp site at Newgate.

The first day was beautiful but, that night, a storm came up. Their tent collapsed, the sea crossed the road into the site and they decided camping wasn’t for them!😁

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Many, many years ago, while trying to encourage friends to go camping with us we spent a weekend on the camp site at Newgate.

The first day was beautiful but, that night, a storm came up. Their tent collapsed, the sea crossed the road into the site and they decided camping wasn’t for them!😁
Perhaps not the best campsite to introduce newbies to the joys of camping! The Newgale campsite has had a chequered history. 10 years ago it hit the headlines when a bus was swept off the road onto it during winter storms. Last summer a car ploughed onto the site driving over a tent, leaving the occupants severely injured. Earlier this year the adjacent pub, the Duke of Edinburgh burnt down. And as you say, there is always the possibility of flash flooding of the site throughout the year. A week ago there was a lake in the middle of the campsite; yesterday this had receded to simply being a "bit waterlogged" - but I'd be surprised if it dries out enough to be fully usable over the Easter weekend.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Perhaps not the best campsite to introduce newbies to the joys of camping! The Newgale campsite has had a chequered history. 10 years ago it hit the headlines when a bus was swept off the road onto it during winter storms. Last summer a car ploughed onto the site driving over a tent, leaving the occupants severely injured. Earlier this year the adjacent pub, the Duke of Edinburgh burnt down. And as you say, there is always the possibility of flash flooding of the site throughout the year. A week ago there was a lake in the middle of the campsite; yesterday this had receded to simply being a "bit waterlogged" - but I'd be surprised if it dries out enough to be fully usable over the Easter weekend.
We had never visited the Newgale site before.

“There rests the case for the defence, M’Lud”😎

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I stopped overnight at the site at Newgale in the seventies whist walking the coast path. It was a basic site and I think the toilets were public for the beach. We only stayed there thinking we might have been able to have a shower. It still dosnt appeal to me from the reviews I have read.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I stopped overnight at the site at Newgale in the seventies whist walking the coast path. It was a basic site and I think the toilets were public for the beach. We only stayed there thinking we might have been able to have a shower. It still dosnt appeal to me from the reviews I have read.
South Pembrokeshire is nicer in my biased opinion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back