A photo of the day thread (10 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Touring North Yorkshire Dale's this week, today we had a look just how isolated CJ Owens farm was, the TV Sheppardess. Believe me the family of eleven live in absolute isolation. This was on the way up with a blanket of cloud across the valley below us. The scenery was spectacular.
20191201_104458.jpg

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It's top side of Buttertubs isn't it?

It's top side of Buttertubs isn't it?
I think it probably was, the road was the B6270 we were just following the sat navs to Owen's farm. The drive was spectacular if not a bit scary driving on a sheet of ice with steep drops over the side. I enjoy a bit of slipping and sliding but not on the down hill sections. It was - 6 up there a bit chilly but fantastic blue sky.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Came across this young couple waiting for high tide View attachment 349821today any idea where I was.
Newbiggin, Northumberland. I claim my prize!
Thanks for bringing back happy memories of our UK trip in 2010.
This statue was once described as an “eye-wounding erection”, but we thought it was the only thing worth seeing in Newbiggin, a rather sad, down-at-heel town.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Newbiggin, Northumberland. I claim my prize!
Thanks for bringing back happy memories of our UK trip in 2010.
This statue was once described as an “eye-wounding erection”, but we thought it was the only thing worth seeing in Newbiggin, a rather sad, down-at-heel town.
I'm both amazed and impressed Kiwicampers.
That is incredible, if I had a prize it would be on it's way to you first class. I must agree with whomever said that newbiggin had very little to offer, it didn't do it for me either. Thanks for the post...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Went for a walk from Hope Cove, South Devon, this morning.

PC034908.jpg

Perfect weather and very clear, we could see about fifty miles down the coast to about Nare Head beyond St Austell.

Mis-fired arty shot here of a flag tree against the sun.

PC034900.jpg

We had lunch in one of the pods at the Cottage Hotel in Hope Cove. Curious things but good views from them. :)

PC034910.jpg

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Came across this young couple waiting for high tide View attachment 349821today any idea where I was.

Yes.. Newbiggin - by - the - sea... :xThumb:

That`s where I have just bought my little fishing bolt hole cottage...

Couple of hundred feet from the beach but up the other end of the promenade... Great for fishing... :reel: from the beach...

There is another copy of them statue`s on the prom... but smaller...

They are named "Ebb & Flow"........ :xsmile:

It`s a lovely little quiet sea side resort...... Well I think so..... :xgrin:

Photo of Ebb & Flow, Big one and the small one.. Taken a couple of weeks ago...

DSC00015 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC00029 (600 x 450).jpg

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I'm both amazed and impressed Kiwicampers.
That is incredible, if I had a prize it would be on it's way to you first class. I must agree with whomever said that newbiggin had very little to offer, it didn't do it for me either. Thanks for the post...

Lovely little place as long as you don`t want drunken louts and penny arcade`s...
Very peaceful with some lovely walks and just a short drive from a lot of interesting places..
Brian & Chris aka Destination unknown also have a place there.. :xThumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yes.. Newbiggin - by - the - sea... :xThumb:

That`s where I have just bought my little fishing bolt hole cottage...

Couple of hundred feet from the beach but up the other end of the promenade... Great for fishing... :reel: from the beach...

There is another copy of them statue`s on the prom... but smaller...

They are named "Ebb & Flow"........ :xsmile:

It`s a lovely little quiet sea side resort...... Well I think so..... :xgrin:

Photo of Ebb & Flow, Big one and the small one.. Taken a couple of weeks ago...

View attachment 350012View attachment 350013
Thanks moo it's a small world ain't it. I visited somewhere that I though would be unknown to anyone but me, within ten minutes the lovely kiwicampers responded from Newzeland identifying these statues. Now the celebrity my hero Old Moo tells me he has a house there and he is not the only one. It is a pity I'm now back over on the west coast at windermere for the next few days so I guess a days fishing is out..:xwink::xgrin:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A real beauty from the bedroom window this morning
View attachment 350022
I read today the striking sunsets we have had for the past few months are due to two volcanoes which erupted earlier this year.

I guess this also applies to sunrises. :)

The thing i read, from today's Times was:

"Beautiful coloured skies have appeared at dawn and dusk over parts of the country. Now that a high-pressure system has cleared off the grey clouds that made November so gloomy, the clear skies have brought some glorious sunrises and sunsets. Stunning twilights have glowed yellow, orange and purple.

As the sun rises or sets low on the horizon, sunlight passes through far more atmosphere than during the day, up to 40 times the amount compared with the sun at noon in summer. That air is also denser because it is at the bottom of the atmosphere. More molecules and small particles in the air scatter violet and blue light away from our eyes and we see other colours, often yellow, orange and red.

At twilight, when the sun is below the horizon, the glow of a yellow-orange dome of light — the twilight arch — often appears. This coloured arch is light scattered by molecules and small particles in the atmosphere as sunlight beams upwards in the atmosphere.

There have also been intense purple bands of colour lasting for a short while in the twilight skies. That purple comes from a mixture of blue and red light. High-altitude rays of sunlight pass through rarefied air and are not reddened, and ozone makes them bluish, while low-altitude sunrays are highly reddened.

These intense twilights have been seen since the summer, and were created by two highly explosive volcanic eruptions that shot dust and sulphur dioxide into the stratosphere. The Raikoke volcano erupted in the Kuril Islands in far-eastern Russia on June 22, and the Ulawun volcano in Papua New Guinea on August 3. Each blasted gases and dust more than 18km high, enough to penetrate the stratosphere. The sulphur dioxide from those eruptions turned into sulphate aerosol and, combined with volcanic dust, scattered the light to create stunning twilights, even several months after the volcanoes first erupted."

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If that is Sizewell Larry your bedroom must be facing south. :xwink:

Not Sizewell Buttons, slightly south of east directly out to sea and the bright light on the horizon is the top of the sun appearing.
I always take a camera when I go to bed at night just in case there is something out to sea worth snapping.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Over Windermere, been in CCC Braithwaite Fold, Bowness, since Thursday, have had way to wall sunshine, but by golly it’s been cold.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• A3393072-B78F-40D7-AAB1-F9DB4CF85AC0.jpeg
    A3393072-B78F-40D7-AAB1-F9DB4CF85AC0.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 36
Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Over Windermere, been in CCC Braithwaite Fold, Bowness, since Thursday, have had way to wall sunshine, but by golly it’s been cold.
Were you hiding in a corner? 5 of us solo females were there too! ?
20191201_100013.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back