90 days abroad (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Reading this thread, I'm just reminded of the old aphorism "be careful what you wish for". Seems more than a few people got what they thought they wanted, only to find that it is not at all what they thought it would be.
That's because unfortunately we don't have crystal balls.BUSBY.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Amusing conversation with Beguim neighbours in our Spanish campsite yesterday. They were talking about going to Gibraltar. We said passport control might be a little more difficult now. She said 'oh we don't have our passport's' !!!
(is it common for EU residents not to take passports when travelling in the EU?)

Then she said 'Do you have to use your passport to come to EU countries?' :LOL: I guess she'd never tried to enter the UK before.

I assume she is not typical of EU citizens in her ignorance of the situation.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Amusing conversation with Beguim neighbours in our Spanish campsite yesterday. They were talking about going to Gibraltar. We said passport control might be a little more difficult now. She said 'oh we don't have our passport's' !!!
(is it common for EU residents not to take passports when travelling in the EU?)

Then she said 'Do you have to use your passport to come to EU countries?' :LOL: I guess she'd never tried to enter the UK before.

They carry ID cards instead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013

Yes totally the same biometric information is in their id cards so lots do not have passports unless travelling further afield.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Wo
I am still unsure about the regulations on the time lapse for going abroad. Friends of ours are going to France for the month of September and they normally winter in Spain. Can they still go to Spain 90 days from the return at the end of September in early January as someone else has told them it would be doubtful under current restrictions Would think so,Oct,Nov,Dec equals 90 days out of Schengen so ok to go in Jan,, BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

I wouldn't be surprised: Apart from a few offiials & gestorias many don't believe you when you say no one in the Uk has any type of id card ,nor that you can actally travel around withot any type of id on you person at all.
is it common for EU residents not to take passports when travelling in the EU?)
Yes. My neighbor went with his son in his truck to the Uk on his card only.
Yes totally the same biometric information is in their id cards so lots do not have passports unless travelling further afield.
There is actually far more information in my spanish ID card than there is in my UK biometric passport.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I read earlier on the link to the new biometric identification information that it should include 4 fingerprints.

When I got my Polish Resident's ID card in Jan/Feb they only took fingerprints of left and right index fingers.

I wonder if this will be a problem if i have to present the ID?

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I read earlier on the link to the new biometric identification information that it should include 4 fingerprints.

When I got my Polish Resident's ID card in Jan/Feb they only took fingerprints of left and right index fingers.

I wonder if this will be a problem if i have to present the ID?

Geoff
Fingerprints taken here too for your Carte de Sejour

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back