Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for that. I'm guessing then that any POI's can be added - for example wild camping spots and, most importantly - LIDL?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
[QUOTE="Is there a way of getting my Chinese sat nav to accept the latter format entry ? Coz when I try the destinations way off compared to the aire book style coords ?[/QUOTE]

You can change the format of co-ordinate entry. My sat nav is currently in the van in storage so I cannot give you the exact location to change it. However from memory when you get to the co-ordinate entry screen on the bottom is a more tab which wil allow you to select the entry format

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks for that. I'm guessing then that any POI's can be added - for example wild camping spots and, most importantly - LIDL?
any POI file can be converted to KML version then added to the Chinese sat nav
drag & drop the kml file to the primo/content/userdata/poi subdirectory and any associated bmp file to the primo/content/userdata/usericon subdirectory
if the folders are not already on the satnav internal memory, just add them. Then dont forget to switch on the poi file in the settings

sounds worse than it is in reality as its simple when you have done it once. use a converter like gpsbabel to convert other poi files to kml (google)
if you get stuck, just ask on here plenty of satisfied users that can talk you through it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My Navibuzz unit arrived yesterday, charged up overnight and is working - except it can't find where it is using it's GPS thingy. I have three red circle orbiting a satellite icon... have had two orange/ yellow and one red circle but that's it :( So far it has been searching for 50 minutes.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
My Navibuzz unit arrived yesterday, charged up overnight and is working - except it can't find where it is using it's GPS thingy. I have three red circle orbiting a satellite icon... have had two orange/ yellow and one red circle but that's it :( So far it has been searching for 50 minutes.
Try setting a route - I had that when first got mine, never seemed to get a GPS lock when actually it had.
Or you could try exiting the satnav app and there's a GPS monitoring app on the home screen
Have fun & remember its a £40 bit of kit, so don't be surprised if it has some quirky idiosyncrasies.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
And I just got a refund from the previous faulty satnav PLUS the return postage. Can't moan at that. :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Try setting a route - I had that when first got mine, never seemed to get a GPS lock when actually it had.
Or you could try exiting the satnav app and there's a GPS monitoring app on the home screen
Have fun & remember its a £40 bit of kit, so don't be surprised if it has some quirky idiosyncrasies.

I'll try all that :) :bear:

Even if it just has maps in electronic format I can update that would be fine - buying maps every year is not cheap, but I do love maps..... strange addiction I know. I even buy old, out of date, second hand OS maps in charity shops.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
One little quirky trick mine plays on me sometimes is it's preference for directing me around a little village before joining the main road again :D, but perhaps it 'knows' I'm touring & is trying to make my journey "interesting"!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
It has now found two satellites. At some point it may find out where it is! Perhaps it will be happier once we are on our way later in the week.

Sep 12, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Transit coachbuilt
Exp
8years & counting
I'm using mine in France at the moment been great so far, brought Tom Tom as back-up but forgot to download France on it before leaving !

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
You can forgive them for being confused, last time they saw satellites it was in China, had this problem when I first switched mine on, (not finding sats) sought advice from Navibuzz who suggested a reset, which was not straightforward but worked and now finds its location straightaway, still preferring it to my Tom Tom and Garmin.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
An update on mine used it to go to new forest weekend before last for some reason it didnt want to take me direct to A27 but through Sompting village a big no no. I ignored this and it rerouted me very quickly and took me to where I wanted to be no issue whatsoever until on way home. This time it wanted me to go through Chichester on way home this I ignored and it corrected quickly again. Then when coming home it tried to take me through Sompting village again this I ignored and it corrected itself and wanted to take me past my junction and through Lancing town and home. That would be hassle and another 2 miles added so this brings me to this weekend and I entered my destination and the correct way showed on the options.
Now this trip is lancing to a place near Hungerford which normaly shows on most map things and sat navs as a27 a23 m25 m4 with a a few b roads either end. But because of traffic I know its best to go a27 m27 m3 a34 m4. this option would not come up at all out of all the many options so I chose one looked close enough and set off it was going crazy trying to take me of my route all time when I got near where I wanted to be I let the sat nav take over and it led me a right merry dance but it did get me to destination.

I have mailed the seller to see if they can help but it looks like it may be going back which is a shame because I realy like the unit and display just dont like it telling me fibs. has anyone got any ideas had similer issues I dont feel confident in it taking me to Lake Garda next month

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Have you set it to TRUCK or car? different map set

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I didnt actualy set it to either truck or car its the truck sat nav I did put my dimensions am I correct in assuming that would set it to truck ? the route from my house to A27 would be same for either and not the one it decided for me. I will get unit to check what its set at and try again

EDIT in vehicle profile its type is set to lorry and cannot be changed

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
An update on mine used it to go to new forest weekend before last for some reason it didnt want to take me direct to A27 but through Sompting village a big no no. I ignored this and it rerouted me very quickly and took me to where I wanted to be no issue whatsoever until on way home. This time it wanted me to go through Chichester on way home this I ignored and it corrected quickly again. Then when coming home it tried to take me through Sompting village again this I ignored and it corrected itself and wanted to take me past my junction and through Lancing town and home. That would be hassle and another 2 miles added so this brings me to this weekend and I entered my destination and the correct way showed on the options.
Now this trip is lancing to a place near Hungerford which normaly shows on most map things and sat navs as a27 a23 m25 m4 with a a few b roads either end. But because of traffic I know its best to go a27 m27 m3 a34 m4. this option would not come up at all out of all the many options so I chose one looked close enough and set off it was going crazy trying to take me of my route all time when I got near where I wanted to be I let the sat nav take over and it led me a right merry dance but it did get me to destination.

I have mailed the seller to see if they can help but it looks like it may be going back which is a shame because I realy like the unit and display just dont like it telling me fibs. has anyone got any ideas had similer issues I dont feel confident in it taking me to Lake Garda next month
The usual answer is to try resetting the unit first and try again

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I've got in a pickle with mine and unless they can help it is going back. When I tried to use it it said I needed map updates. When I tried to update it said there was no room on the SD card. I read somewhere that I should delete the old maps but deleting files from a full SD card doesn't actually free up any space so that didn't work. Then I read that you can clear an SD card by reformatting so I copied everything off the thing, reformatted the SD card and put it all back, minus the places I didn't want to go to e.g. Albania. Now the damned thing won't work at all. It keeps asking me for a navigation route but won't let me in to set anything. I'm having a bad satnav life. ;(

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Mine tells me to update maps every time I turn it on, am ignorinng it for the time being, navigation is fine, better than my old tom tom

Phil J.

Free Member
Dec 21, 2014
Clay Cross, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 696
Exp
I've got the Xgody Chinese sat nav. The first one failed and froze but the customer services bent over backwards to sort it. Been using the replacement for a few weeks with no problems. Multi vehicle programming for size and weight, lane guidance and 2014 maps with free updates forva measily £38!! Costs more for brand name map updates!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've got in a pickle with mine and unless they can help it is going back. When I tried to use it it said I needed map updates. When I tried to update it said there was no room on the SD card. I read somewhere that I should delete the old maps but deleting files from a full SD card doesn't actually free up any space so that didn't work. Then I read that you can clear an SD card by reformatting so I copied everything off the thing, reformatted the SD card and put it all back, minus the places I didn't want to go to e.g. Albania. Now the damned thing won't work at all. It keeps asking me for a navigation route but won't let me in to set anything. I'm having a bad satnav life. ;(
I dont understand why you expect a refund if you reformatted the sd card? hopefully the seller will help though as it sounds like the navigation path settings need to be sorted. ie where the unit looks for the maps. but first you need the card in the correct format with the files on again

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I dont understand why you expect a refund if you reformatted the sd card? hopefully the seller will help though as it sounds like the navigation path settings need to be sorted. ie where the unit looks for the maps. but first you need the card in the correct format with the files on again
I followed their instructions. They've emailed me every night offering advice and sending me links. It's gone from bad to worse. Anyway if they can help me sort it out I'll be happy enough.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The 'out of date maps' warning pops up occasionally, probably because I only update the ones for countries I am going to. Updating all the maps is a longwinded business as each country is a separate file.
I usually use the 'easy route' option will toll roads turned off, gives a low stress trip when touring.

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
I have to confess mine stopped working after I decided to add some POI's totally my fault, I didn't read the instructions thoroughly, customer services sent me a new map card as I had corrupted the original, been good since.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
user error happens with all satnavs. its the customer support that makes a difference. have found navibuzz to be good and very fair, like many Chinese sellers

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
That sounds hopeful. I found the online instructions quite difficult to understand but the email support has been better.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Mags, I don't have any maps on the SD card, they're all in the maps folder in content. I just deleted them as I went along. Ie - deleted United Kingdom then added the new ones. Space on the Sat Nav is tight and I couldn't instal the new ones before deleting the old.

Hope this helps a little.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
The largest operating subsidiary and primary production facility of Garmin Limited is Garmin (Asia) Corporation (Chinese: 台灣國際航電股份有限公司)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
There are different models apparently. Ours has two SD cards. They think one is faulty and are sending us another.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back