Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
seller advised a reset which I have done but now it wont find satellites :mad:
But have you tried setting it up with the date and time zone?
Have you enterd a location for it to search for?

Maybe it still thinks it's in China. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
after a reset you need to run the setup wizard again I beleive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I ordered one yesterday, thought it got delivered today only to discover it was a fellow fuster who kindly sent me a loan of their endlessbreeze fan for my dog to use shortly so thanks @andy63

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
yes all working now but still giving me strange local route options

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Have you chosen the right Navi Path, ie, the Truck maps on the SD card?

Cheers,

Jock.

I followed these instructions

Please scroll the main menu to second page,->click “navi path”icon, you will see the path is /ResidentFlash/Primo/igo.exe.-->click the blue button of the bar-> click"" /ResidentFlash""->""PRIMO""-> ""igo.exe""->then it will go back to the page"" Navi path setting"". Now, the setting is done.

its set as truck with my vans dimensions i put local garage in and it sent me an awkward route of many miles for a 4 road 1.2 mile trip set on fastest strange but true. my 2 mile journey to work very simple wants to take me through tight village instead of dual carriageway or a 5 mile route along seafront and through worthing town centre.

maybe for my sanity i should send it back lol

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Just bought one also cheap as chips so more programing to do .
Fed up with my Garmin guiding me where I don't want to go

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Mags, I don't have any maps on the SD card, they're all in the maps folder in content. I just deleted them as I went along. Ie - deleted United Kingdom then added the new ones. Space on the Sat Nav is tight and I couldn't instal the new ones before deleting the old.

Hope this helps a little.

JackieP

Be aware that the updated files for UK on the download site do not contain an updated .ftr file. (this is the one that contains the truck restrictions). you need to keep the file that is already installed when the unit was delivered. If you deleted all of the original uk files then you will have lost the restrictions and will need to reinstal the ftr file.

John

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I followed these instructions

Please scroll the main menu to second page,->click “navi path”icon, you will see the path is /ResidentFlash/Primo/igo.exe.-->click the blue button of the bar-> click"" /ResidentFlash""->""PRIMO""-> ""igo.exe""->then it will go back to the page"" Navi path setting"". Now, the setting is done.

its set as truck with my vans dimensions i put local garage in and it sent me an awkward route of many miles for a 4 road 1.2 mile trip set on fastest strange but true. my 2 mile journey to work very simple wants to take me through tight village instead of dual carriageway or a 5 mile route along seafront and through worthing town centre.

maybe for my sanity i should send it back lol
Ours does the exact opposite, ie, it tends to take the major routes and ring roads where possible. Although we are only 5T, I have set the weight at 7.49T, which means I still get to access 7.5T weight restricted routes.

Don't forget to uncheck the "avoid U turns" box, otherwise it could take you miles out of your way in favour of a roundabout. :( Great if driving a 44T Article. ;)

Cheers, and good luck with it. (y)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
JackieP

Be aware that the updated files for UK on the download site do not contain an updated .ftr file. (this is the one that contains the truck restrictions). you need to keep the file that is already installed when the unit was delivered. If you deleted all of the original uk files then you will have lost the restrictions and will need to reinstal the ftr file.

John

Now I'm even more confused and stressed.

I'm leaving it at home and taking the tomtom. I've only a few days left with a lot to do and trying to sort this has taken up far too much of my time. Thank you for trying to help but it's a lost cause I'm afraid.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Now I'm even more confused and stressed.

I'm leaving it at home and taking the tomtom. I've only a few days left with a lot to do and trying to sort this has taken up far too much of my time. Thank you for trying to help but it's a lost cause I'm afraid.
That's how I felt with mine. They are taking it back and fixing it or giving me a new one but the difficulty updating the maps is a pain.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
There's something deffo wrong with mine too. It keep saying there's a serious system error and shutting down. What a disappointment. Hope you have more success with the next one Mags!

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
I'll keep saying it till im blue in the face.....These sat navs are far too much of a hit and miss, too many issues and not worth the hassle imho. I know they are cheap and really wanted to have a good experience with the one I bought, alas, it lasted a few months and went kaput.....binned it and bought a Garmin....NO issues since:rolleyes:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I will be happy enough if I get a month in France out of mine when it arrives. Yes it should last much longer but can I really expect a rolls Royce quality for a Mini price. You get what you pay for really.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
I will be happy enough if I get a month in France out of mine when it arrives. Yes it should last much longer but can I really expect a rolls Royce quality for a Mini price. You get what you pay for really.
Very valid point but price aside, When you go away, especially to Europe, wouldn't you want a reliable sat nav that will not freeze and give up the ghost? I like things that work and keep working;)

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
That's how it started for me, I did manage to get it connected by using the in car connection, but had too many problems. I did get a full refund credited to my account
Good luck
So glad I'm not the only one who had problems!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Very true but for me I don't plan in being back in Europe next year but it might be like cruising..Once you have been once the temptation for me might be too much not to return even though I want to explore my home country next year.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I'll keep saying it till im blue in the face.....These sat navs are far too much of a hit and miss, too many issues and not worth the hassle imho. I know they are cheap and really wanted to have a good experience with the one I bought, alas, it lasted a few months and went kaput.....binned it and bought a Garmin....NO issues since:rolleyes:
We've had ours nearly two years now, and not a problem...................although I have yet to programme coordinates for Luxembourg for next month, so that may be our first hurdle with the unit. The old TT 720 with European Truck maps might be coming out of the cobwebs................but I really do hope not. ;)

Cheers,

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Ours arrived today, took me a while to figure out the plastic thing is a sun blind , least I think it is! not really had a go with it yet but it seems to be working so far. Its quite big!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We've had ours nearly two years now, and not a problem...................although I have yet to programme coordinates for Luxembourg for next month, so that may be our first hurdle with the unit. The old TT 720 with European Truck maps might be coming out of the cobwebs................but I really do hope not. ;)

Cheers,

Fear not Jock as long as you haven't deleted anything Luxembourg is on your unit (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back