LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I bought one and have had endless trouble. Would not take a charge, eventually using another lead I managed to get it going, then trying to set it up was a challenge. Kept telling me it needed updating. The maps were dated 2008 and it was a nightmare trying to update as the info provided was not accessible.
Customer services were helpful but I finally decided to return for a full refund. I liked the screen size but had no confidence in the machine

I bought one that arrived yesterday. No make on the box and it won't take a charge. I got it from a UK based seller "just in case" and have messaged asking for help. Looks like it might be going back which is a shame.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Ours has been fine - although I prefer the screen and processing speed of my older Garmin. Well worth the cost - even more so if the "You are over the speed limit" and speed camera warning signals save you from a nasty speeding ticket because the road limits mysteriously change without warning (as we have experienced frequently on our current trip).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Mine is fine. Used it on two trips recently to France and Spain. Easy to programme by co ordinates and never let us down. Agree with the screen comments, but somewhere in the general menu it is possible to turn up the brightness although still not ideal in bright sun. Love the speed limit warnings in mph, very useful when off the autoroutes, as they seem to go up and down like a whores drawers on the routes Nationel and as I have paid out £100's in fines in my younger days now a bit more careful.
All fo £40 great value and highly recommended.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
to check if a sunshade would help with seeing the screen without paying out unnecessarily, try cutting and folding a thin bit of card (cereal packet etc) to make a small canopy over the top of the satnav

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Whats this mysterious thing called the sun?? am I ever likely to encounter it?

just in case the Navibuzz I bought came with a sunshield

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I bought one that arrived yesterday. No make on the box and it won't take a charge. I got it from a UK based seller "just in case" and have messaged asking for help. Looks like it might be going back which is a shame.

The seller has asked me to try and charge it using the USB - still no joy and I am now waiting for the seller 's response to my message. At least I have an address to return it to. I would guess that either battery is duff or there is a bad connection.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
The seller has asked me to try and charge it using the USB - still no joy and I am now waiting for the seller 's response to my message. At least I have an address to return it to. I would guess that either battery is duff or there is a bad connection.
That's how it started for me, I did manage to get it connected by using the in car connection, but had too many problems. I did get a full refund credited to my account
Good luck

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
This is the problem with the Chinese Sat Nav's, Some people have had great success with them, Whilst I only had mine a few months and it went tits up. Granted they are cheap, but I dont want to be buying 3 or 4 units a year or head off on my travels for it to stop working, Pity....they are loaded with features, just wished it worked!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This is the problem with the Chinese Sat Nav's, Some people have had great success with them, Whilst I only had mine a few months and it went tits up. Granted they are cheap, but I dont want to be buying 3 or 4 units a year or head off on my travels for it to stop working, Pity....they are loaded with features, just wished it worked!
navibuzz give a 2 year guarantee

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I just received mine and had to contact the seller straight away. It has been opened before and repackaged incorrectly, the screen has scratches and the 12 volt lead is missing. Taking the pi**

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I have told the ebay trader I bought mine from that I want to return it and get a refund. Will wait and see what they say.

EDIT: Just has a message asking me to return it for a full refund. Disappointing but not the traders fault it didn't work, they were not to know. Great communication from them,

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
I just received mine and had to contact the seller straight away. It has been opened before and repackaged incorrectly, the screen has scratches and the 12 volt lead is missing. Taking the pi**
That is taking the piss alright.......Must think people are stupid....

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Probably me :( although I could push for it to be refunded as per the distance selling regs.

If Navibuzz has any left I will order from them :)
Currently they have 7 left apparently
Broken Link Removed

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Mine arrive this week so last night I set it up and gave it a little test this am on way to mot station. firstly the screen dont like bright light that said when its little darker screen is fantastic. instructions loud and clear and a much nicer experiance than tom tom navmii or mapsme. for some reason it shows wrong speed at times ie, 50 on the dual carriageway and the clock insists its an hour earlier than it is.

have to say it was only a short test and I am pretty pleased thus far

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine is OK too I didn't realise the screen had a protector film on it so it is not scratched.
The seller gave me 15% refund as compo for the car charger being missing and I can buy one for £2 on ebay.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Tempted very tempted, can you add acsi, lidl, own POI?

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
to check if a sunshade would help with seeing the screen without paying out unnecessarily, try cutting and folding a thin bit of card (cereal packet etc) to make a small canopy over the top of the satnav

Will we get a "Blue peter badge" ? :):)

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
I use coordinates mainly from all the Aries book the format is same throughout the book eg : N47degrees 20.674W002 degrees 20. 342 which work fine with my Chinese truck satnav. but other coords from camping check book and off the web have a different format of entering them eg: N42.657465 W-2.756342 .
Is there a way of getting my Chinese sat nav to accept the latter format entry ? Coz when I try the destinations way off compared to the aire book style coords ?

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Tempted very tempted, can you add acsi, lidl, own POI?

I'm very tempted too. The big screen is a winner for me and although I might take my old trusty TomTom along (just in case) I think I might just take a chance on this one.

So, as sctosue asked - can you put on your own POI'S and is it easy for a luddite like me?

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I have the POI's on the TomTom and it's easy enough to do so but I was wondering how easy it is to do on the Chinese one?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back